OT: Remington versa max

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Son has one and lost bolt handle this morning. Looking online it seems to be out of stock most every where. Anyone have a local shop that maybe isn't online that might have that part?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
How do you lose a bolt handle? All I can imagine is the sucker flying 1500fps out the backend... Please fill us in.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
We have a guy here in Desoto County who’s pretty handy. Where are you?

msu86

Sep 17, 2015
I lost one on a Stoeger 3020 a couple dove seasons ago. I called customer service and sent gun back to them to replace and find out why it came off while shooting. They replaced the entire bolt assembly for free

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I wonder what the customer service will be like from the New Remington for the old Remington owners? Ruger bought Marlin so I feel like the Marlin brand will improve immensely. I own two Remingtons but neither of which will ever be in production again so it won’t affect me either way.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
No idea really, I wasn't with them. But with it being out of stock, seems like it happens

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’m patiently waiting for the new Ruger produced Marlins. I climbed a tree with an original JM Marlin this morning.

View attachment 23334

It’s funny how my tastes in guns have changed. There was a time that I wanted the newest stainless and plastic guns, now guns designed in the 19th century are what excite me. My favorite rifles are single shots, my favorite pistols are single action pistols and 1911’s.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'm screwed then...

I actually saw that it's a pretty common issue as OP said. Looks like the metal is a little softer than it should be and the pin loses friction over time. On my Stoeger it's a ***** to remove and equally a ***** to put back in. I will keep an eye on it going forward though.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Don't start buying old Colt revolvers. That **** gets expensive real quick. Trust me.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Don't start buying old Colt revolvers. That **** gets expensive real quick. Trust me.
Don’t I know it. An old collector told me something that rang true. You don’t have to collect expensive guns, just collect guns that mean something to you. It didn’t register what he was saying at first because anything that people collect is generally expensive just because so many people want it. I was at a gun show and stumbled on a four digit serial number Ruger pistol, I had found the object of my collection. They will never be worth what a Colt SAA is worth but it’s been fun searching for them.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
Don’t I know it. An old collector told me something that rang true. You don’t have to collect expensive guns, just collect guns that mean something to you. It didn’t register what he was saying at first because anything that people collect is generally expensive just because so many people want it. I was at a gun show and stumbled on a four digit serial number Ruger pistol, I had found the object of my collection. They will never be worth what a Colt SAA is worth but it’s been fun searching for them.

I was in a pawn shop a few yrs ago browsing, and found a four digit Ruger Blackhawk unmolested three screw in 41 magnum. It had lots of finish wear but I had to buy it. Shop owner let me have it for a fair price. I love that thing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login