OT - Say You’re Married without Saying You’re Married

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Our 5 kids are all grown. We have a 4 bedroom house with walk in closets in all rooms. . We both have walk in closets in the master. I built closet shelves in the office 12 years ago as a valentines day present. I utilize half of my closet for all my clothes, shoes, hats, etc. Every other one in the house is filled with her clothes, 1000 pairs of shoes, 65 jackets and coats, etc. Myvside of the bathroom is neat and tidy with little on the counter top. Her side is completely covered in make up, perfume, creams, lotions, makeup bags, etc. And her 'outfits for the week' are hanging on any kind of hook or bar all over the bathroom. And we average 3 Amazon packages a day. Yes I feel your pain!
Bought that really nice treadmill that had to be had, and so far it’s turned out to be perfect for hanging clothes.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Is this the conversation?
Me: Where do you want to eat?
Her: I don’t care. Anywhere is good with me.
Me: Great. Let’s eat Mexican.
Her: No. I had Mexican a couple of days ago.
Me: Okay. Let’s do Zaxbys.
Her: I just don’t feel like chicken.
Me: Earlier you said anywhere is good.
Her: I didn’t think you would pick those. Anywhere else is good.
Me: Okay. Let’s get a hamburger.
Her: We always get hamburgers.
Me: Screw it. You pick a place or we are getting a hamburger.
Her: Why are you yelling at me? I just don’t want a hamburger. Anywhere else is fine.
I use to have the same problem and I figured it out. Start with at least 3 options and it better to pick something, even if you think she doesn’t want that. Making a one pick from 3 or more possibilities is hard enough for a woman…

DO NOT GIVE HER JUST TWO CHOICES!!!

She will never pick one! It doesn’t matter what the choices are, she will make you wait… and wait… and wait…

You’re going to get tired of leftovers.

Reactions: captaindog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
leslie jones weekend update GIF by Saturday Night Live

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
  • I always have to clean the lint trap before and after using the dryer.
  • I have a closet full of ill fitting, uncomfortable clothes no man would ever buy.
  • I have a dozen useless hunting, golfing, or fishing devices that I have received as gifts.
  • Everytime I cook steak, I have to cook at least one small filet.
  • Every closet in my house has wrapping paper stuffed in the back for every possible occasion.
  • 90% of my cabinet space is taken up by some kind of serving dish that could not possibly be used more than once a year.
  • My shower has 37 different types of shampoo, conditioner, and cleanser taking up all of the shelf space. None of its mine.
  • My refrigerator always has greek yogurt and some type of bubbly water in it.
  • I break down a dozen Amazon and Target boxes a day only to have to put 11 of them back together to send the stuff that came in them back.
  • My feet apparently always stink and I fart too much. Every night I'm told I am need to go see a doctor about both conditions.
  • My shower drain is clogged with hair at least once a week.
  • I have at least 20 lamps and side tables scattered around my house.
  • I have dozens of unopened stationary or various thank you card and envelope sets that have never been used filling up a junk drawer.
  • I have a couple dozen pillows on my bed and only use one when I sleep.
Ahh sh it the boxes. My two garage was built to store empty boxes and its my to them to the street.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
This post has been pure gold, you guys are great.
Currently, we are at an impasse at the rotor house.
Pre-parade Her: “we’re not going anywhere with anyone after, let’s just have a chill day.”
Me: cool
Post parade her: “we’re going to go get beignets with momma, your parents didn’t want to come.”
Me: “cool, but if we’re going to go get food, let’s go get food food, not some snack at 1030.”
Her: “where do you want to go”
Me: wherever your mom or sister want, they’re the ones that’ll be critical, I don’t care.
Her: “WTF has gotten into you, can’t you make a decision, why do you have to be so grumpy, fine, just fine, we’re going home. I’ll call and say we’re going home.”
Me: “cool”

Silver lining: I have seemingly been relegated to my own devices for the remainder of the day….cool

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This thread is definitely a Six Pack Remembers Nominee. It may make the Top Thread of the Year if we had one.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Is this the conversation?
Me: Where do you want to eat?
Her: I don’t care. Anywhere is good with me.
Me: Great. Let’s eat Mexican.
Her: No. I had Mexican a couple of days ago.
Me: Okay. Let’s do Zaxbys.
Her: I just don’t feel like chicken.
Me: Earlier you said anywhere is good.
Her: I didn’t think you would pick those. Anywhere else is good.
Me: Okay. Let’s get a hamburger.
Her: We always get hamburgers.
Me: Screw it. You pick a place or we are getting a hamburger.
Her: Why are you yelling at me? I just don’t want a hamburger. Anywhere else is fine.
This explains why my wife is getting fat, she’s eating dinner with two of us!

Dawgbyte75

May 1, 2021
Does she also talk to you from another room and get mad when you can’t hear her and refuse to come to where YOU are?
Just about every single day. I literally walk out of the room counting to 15 to see if/when she’ll start talking in a normal tone. like I’m just waiting around nearby hoping to hear something else that I need to go and do.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Sounds like many of yall aren’t doing it right.

The whole ‘where are we gonna eat’ bit is relationship 101. If you fail that shlt test I don’t know what to tell you. Have fun walking around on eggshells, 17 that

militarydog

Nov 9, 2012
Advice for newlyweds. You and your wife sit down to watch a movie. You have two options.

A- Go over movie selections for nearly an hour before giving in and watching some romantic comedy. Fifteen minutes into it she will be asleep and by that time you want to know how it turns out so you reluctantly watch a bad movie.
B- Pick what you want knowing fifteen minutes into it she will be asleep.

Dusty Dawg

Oct 21, 2023
I have so many pillows on my couch and chairs that I could make a fort with them when I move them to sit down to watch TV. The pillow collection expands during Christmas season.
I have a house full of pillows nobody is allowed to sit on or lay their head on but also can’t put on the floor to lay on the coach or bed. Now my recliner even has a pillow I never asked for.

• Sad
Reactions: DerHntr

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I can be wrong for incorrectly remembering what was said/done and when.
I can also be wrong for correctly remembering what was said/done and when, with timestamped email proof.
I don't understand how I'm wrong in both cases, but something I said in an angry conversation sixteen years ago will be quoted to me to prove it.

Food: "Whatever" is not an answer and no, she's not "happy to go anywhere." I have one place that I always suggest as one of three options. It is where we end up most of the time. But I'm happy to get my three suggestions on the table first so there's no question about who needs to make a suggestion if those aren't acceptable.

I solved the toilet seat question by always putting down both the seat AND the lid. Now everybody has to do some work to get the situation they want.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
Every stop at any fast food restaurant drive thru takes 15 minutes to complete my order. It takes me 10 seconds and then I sit for 15 minutes waiting on her to look at the menu that hasn’t changed since the 90s before she orders the same thing she has every time the past 15 years.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
She is still shocked that
Sounds like many of yall aren’t doing it right.

The whole ‘where are we gonna eat’ bit is relationship 101. If you fail that shlt test I don’t know what to tell you. Have fun walking around on eggshells, 17 that
move over engie, “goat tells us how to properly deal with our wives”

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"Say You’re Married without Saying You’re Married"

Don't let you-know-who ready my posts on this thread.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
FWIW, breaking into a bottle of A Cut Above - distilled in Kiln, MS. Good stuff with one ice cube.
Anyway, I’ll start.
“I have loaded a dishwasher, and folded clothes, incorrectly
"I'm wearing a Georgia shirt today."

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
While a crisp 70 degrees outside, my wife will turn the AC down to 65 degrees just to make sure that we don’t slip up and have a reasonable utility bill during the Fall. With the air blowing all night, this of course means that anything remotely provocative gets pushed aside in favor of sweatpants and long t shirt that should’ve been thrown away ten years ago. Then, as a final kick in the nuts, she plugs in space heaters in the morning in order to warm things back up while getting ready for work

Oh, and I get criticized for breathing too loudly on a fairly regular basis

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Every stop at any fast food restaurant drive thru takes 15 minutes to complete my order. It takes me 10 seconds and then I sit for 15 minutes waiting on her to look at the menu that hasn’t changed since the 90s before she orders the same thing she has every time the past 15 years.
And then wants this sauce that was discontinued 3 yrars ago and why can't she get it and light ice and separate the fries from the chicken tenders bath blah

Reactions: Raiderdawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
And the ol " a light bulb is out in the kitchen " instead of just getting a new one out of the cabinet and replacing it herself.
ETA y'all don't want to get me started on the "why are they playing basketball (NCAA tournament) during young and restless? (Which did not record)

Reactions: Seinfeld

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I play golf whenever I want to and I spend my money on whatever I want to spend it on

By the way, I’m not married

• Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And the ol " a light bulb is out in the kitchen " instead of just getting a new one out of the cabinet and replacing it herself.
ETA y'all don't want to get me started on the "why are they playing basketball (NCAA tournament) during young and restless? (Which did not record)
We have had a 13x9 framed picture sit on a chair by the wall for three months because anything that involves a nail and/or hammer is clearly a man’s job

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
"Say You’re Married without Saying You’re Married"

Don't let you-know-who ready my posts on this thread.
Hell, she can read em if she wants. However, she learned a long time ago that she really doesn’t want to read what me and my groups discuss, whether that be text groups with the guys or message board bullshittery, like she thinks she does.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have the wife and two girls so toilet seat down is always a must so I kinda solved that somewhat by putting the soft close seats on all the toilets. Now when I get done taking a leak I just barely flick the seat and let it do its thing.
I've always wondered what the purpose of those damn things was. Otherwise, who the hell stands there waiting, while those slow azz things creep their way down ready for the next azz to hit?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login