OT - Say You’re Married without Saying You’re Married

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Buy and insert cell phone chargers into an outlet in every room in the house where frequently used so that there is no need to move them from room to room. Somehow, they still go missing.
I've done the same thing with tape measurers. I bought a 6 pack of them on Amazon, labeled them and put them where most needed (shop bench, junk drawer, tool boxes, garage, 1 in each vehicle) I'll be damn if I can find half of them now. The 1st place to look is in her purse, which is 1 of the places I labeled one for and I'll find 3 sometimes

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wife and two girls as well.
it’s just as much my responsibility to put the toilet seat down as it is hers to ensure the toilet seat is up. Problem solved. No nagging since.
This has always been my opinion
Advice for newlyweds. You and your wife sit down to watch a movie. You have two options.

A- Go over movie selections for nearly an hour before giving in and watching some romantic comedy. Fifteen minutes into it she will be asleep and by that time you want to know how it turns out so you reluctantly watch a bad movie.
B- Pick what you want knowing fifteen minutes into it she will be asleep.
I've never had this issue of watching TV together. Our tastes are so polar opposite and always have been that we agree to disagree and have tvs and tablets everywhere and do our own thing. Guess I should consider myself fortunate.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And here I sit alone in the world, wishing I had your problems.

I'm truly sorry you are apparently lonely sometimes, but from my before and after experience, being married to someone you're not compatible with is probably worse.

These stories are funny, but they bring back memories I have no interest in revisiting with another woman.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
Knows how to turn on every light in the house, but has no idea how to flip the switch in the opposite direction to turn them off. Has passed the trait on to my kids so it’s 4 vs 1 in this game.
1000 times this. Nothing makes my wife and daughters happier than a fully illuminated--yet completely unoccupied--room in our house.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'm truly sorry you are apparently lonely sometimes, but from my before and after experience, being married to someone you're not compatible with is probably worse.

These stories are funny, but they bring back memories I have no interest in revisiting with another woman.
I recommend marriage. My wife and I rarely fight or get mad at each other. She has some wild ideas and acts like wives other hubbies have talked about in this thread. I take it in stride and usually just laugh, sometimes to myself, about the weirdness and quirks of wives.

If you want one, do what men have done for generations to make themselves more attractive to women. Improve yourself, get in better shape, be humorous, learn to cook, play sports, have interesting conversations, learn to dance, sing, play an instrument, run, show you like kids and are concerned for their well-being...pick a couple of those things. Express an interest in travelling, movies, concerts etc. Be self confident. Women are attracted to men who have some of these qualities and there are a lot of single women out there. If you're religious, get involved at church and make friends and connections with people likely to set you up with someone.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011

Say You’re Married without Saying You’re Married:

1. I have several conversations each month with a certain someone about why a series of purchases at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Target, Chicken Salad Chick, and Bath and Body Works were absolutely critical to our continued survival. She's genuinely surprised at my lack of gratitude.

2. I own more toilet paper than anyone in the Atlanta metro area.

3. I can play golf anytime I want to. I just have to ask a certain someone if I want to.

4. A certain someone often asks to be dropped at the door at church while I park the car. Her process of exiting the car involves gathering up a Stanley, her purse, her coat, an umbrella, a secondary bag, her phone, and her Bible. There is some law of female behavior that will not permit her to begin this three-minute process until I've pulled up at the front door of our large church with 14 cars lined up behind me. Good times.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
1000 times this. Nothing makes my wife and daughters happier than a fully illuminated--yet completely unoccupied--room in our house.
It’s an oddity for sure. If the rooms are empty…the lights are on. Howevwr, if I’m in the room when she exits….boom. Lights out. Leaving me there going “WTF!?!?”

• Haha
Reactions: WrightGuy821

Awwhellnaw

Jun 29, 2017
Credit report fun:

Me: What the f***?? We’ve been hacked!!!
Me to wife: Holy s***! Some mother f***** racked up X amount of money on said credit card!! You don’t know anything about this do you?
Her: Radio silence

Reactions: HeCannotGo

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Never mind, I'm being a Debbie Downer in a funny thread.

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
"She's the smart one."
My line is “My wife is so much smarter than me. Sometimes it scares me”. Two things even the Devil can relate to:

1. Every goddamn light in the house is on. Mrs. Devil will leave literally every light throughout the entire house on with every fan going.

2. Gas. She will limp her SUV home on negative miles to empty if she could.

Bonus: Mrs. Devil and our girl spawn take forever to the point where I plan an hour ahead of everything. I am to the point that I just go ahead and get in the truck and turn the radio on. By the time we get our bag, lip gloss, phone, water, umbrella, jacket, and that is just my wife, I am half asleep in the truck.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have to drop by Kroger to get cooking oil on my way home from work.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
"Emily (not her real name) told me you picked her up five minutes late from school today . That's not the first time you've been late this month but today was different. She said she was cold because she didn't have a coat. When you bring her to school, you're supposed to make sure she's dressed properly. Didn't you check the weather before bringing her? I'm only saying this because you did the same thing last year and she was cold and that might have been why she missed a couple of days of school. You're the dad. You have to be responsible, not her. You know she gets cold easily and I want you to remember to check the weather before bringing her to school. We don't need her to miss school and get behind because it's hard to catch up. If you leave her out in the cold because you're late to pick her up she might catch a cold and be out for a few days. I don't want her to miss school so can you please be on time on your day to pick her up and make sure she goes to school with a coat and maybe a hat. I'm only saying that because you need to be reminded to not be late. She's your daughter and you're a good dad and I know you love her but sometimes you need to be reminded about some things. Maybe set the timer on your phone so you won't forget. Because when you forget, like today, you sometimes leave her out in the cold without a coat.... Have you seen my keys?"
Me the entire time while reading that:

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
We had a conversation about recent family drama (1st, 2nd, and 3rd cousins) and somehow it ended up with me being an ******* and her storming off. Took that as permission to pour a drink and find a good movie.

Reactions: NTDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We had a conversation about recent family drama (1st, 2nd, and 3rd cousins) and somehow it ended up with me being an ******* and her storming off. Took that as permission to pour a drink and find a good movie.

It's something you did 6 years ago. Definitely nothing to do with the cousins.

And you should know that.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
6 years ago? Hell my wife brings up stuff that I said or did from 2004. Conversely, I can't remember anything she says to me ten minutes later.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I used to have a tool box (car tools) and a tool bag (carpentry necessities)….now, I just have tools. Where they may be, how many are there, when they were last used….nobody knows, I don’t anyway. Some are in the shop, some are in the storage room, some are in the garage. I’ve organized them before, but then it just goes right back to being spread here to there

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
This thread is gold, Jerry! We're all living the same life!

I flunked Towel Folding School years ago.
Oh my god, our towel cabinet is an odd depth. You can’t fold a towel in quarters and it fit. The proper way to fold a towel and fit the space is to fold in half long way, then fold in half side to side. At that point you tri fold the towel and it fits the cabinet perfectly with zero wasted space but no she rolls the towels into a tube. When you open the cabinet door you just hope one towel falls out because I’ve become pretty adept at catching a rolling towel. It’s damn near impossible to catch a second roller. Did I mention that the towel cabinet is over the toilet and it’s a cardinal sin to fully put the lid down.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
When traveling I use the phrase that I picked up off of the “ Everybody Loves Raymond” show years ago if I am serious about leaving at a certain time. ( still a funny show ). If I want to leave at 7:00am I say 7:00 AIS. AIS stands for “*** in seat” and not still doing makeup. The threat is that if her A isn’t in the S I will leave without her. I’m really not stupid enough to actually do it but she’s not really sure so she is usually pretty close to being on time. Been using the AIS system for about 20 years now and I highly recommend it.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
can't believe I forgot this one

Somebody "Have you seen my coffee"?

Me "Have you looked in the microwave"?

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login