OT: Shows to stream and binge

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Football is nearly over and we all need something to watch until baseball gets to SEC play. Every so often we’ll have someone come and ask what they should watch and we all say Sopranos, Breaking Bad, GoT, etc. What show/miniseries/documentary should I start that isn’t super mainstream. If someone started this thread my response would be Penny Dreadful or Sharp Objects. What’s yours.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Don’t know how I have never heard of this. It’s almost like people who run the worlds media wouldn’t be a fan of it…
They film (at least part of it) it not far from my house. Their devil marketing campaign was pretty good.

Capt Croom

Sep 18, 2022
Yellowstone
Breaking bad
House of the dragon
Burn notice is pretty good
House
Pretty good variety there

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Don’t know how I have never heard of this. It’s almost like people who run the worlds media wouldn’t be a fan of it…
To me it is very well done. Yes, it’s hidden away. The new season(3) is going right now and i had to down load the BYU TV app to watch it. I believe the first 2 seasons are on Prime.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Your Honor
Queen of the South
George and Tammy
East New York
Queens Gambit
Bloodline
** make your wife/GF happy and see a nice redhead and Canadian scenery -> >
Virgin River

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The 00s version of Battlestar Galactica. Start with the Miniseries, then the full show.
That might have been a perfect show. Fast, cohesive story, human survival, moral quandaries, very little filler, great ending, and Tricia Helfer.

Reactions: QuaoarsKing

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If you like something completely ridiculous, but fun, Doom Patrol is goofy fun with a lot of heart.
Same for BoJack Horseman.

MaroonOldCrow

Aug 22, 2012
GF and I just finished DaVinci's Demons. Nothing near historically accurate, but very entertaining.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
The Offer - If you like the Godfather, it’s a must watch. Miles Teller is great.

Mayor of Kingston

Reactions: Dawgg

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Currently watching The Last of Us on HBO, but weekly releases means you can’t binge.

I started a thread about Lockwood & Co. on Netflix earlier because I liked it a lot, although if you’re not into supernatural stuff, it might not be your cup of tea.

Every few years I circle back to True Detective season 1, which I consider to be one of the best limited series ever. Season 3 was also good.

Going to start Vikings: Valhalla this week.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Currently watching The Last of Us on HBO, but weekly releases means you can’t binge.

I started a thread about Lockwood & Co. on Netflix earlier because I liked it a lot, although if you’re not into supernatural stuff, it might not be your cup of tea.

Every few years I circle back to True Detective season 1, which I consider to be one of the best limited series ever. Season 3 was also good.

Going to start Vikings: Valhalla this week.
True Detective season one was awesome. Deadwood is one of my favorite shows. 3 seasons long.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Sopranos is likely the best series ever made. Band of Brothers and the Pacific are great. Curb your Enthusiasm, Peacemaker and Family Guy for offbeat adult humor, Stranger Things, Midnight Mass, Squid Games, Halo, Reacher, Outer Range, Clarksons Farm and Mare of Eastown are all solid choices.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders. someone else said Midnight Mass, the dude playing the priest was so good in it...

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Ted Lasso on Apple TV is excellent. Watch it once without the subtitles on and then turn them on to catch all the stuff you missed.

I constantly was backing it up laughing and saying what the hell did he just say??

Season 3 coming out soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The Offer - If you like the Godfather, it’s a must watch. Miles Teller is great.
Watched the first episode tonight. It started with such a scattergun approach, I almost tapped out, but by 3/4s in, I was invested.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2013
"The Expanse" on Amazon Prime is a really good Sci-fi. The books are eben better, probably my all time favorite book series, up there with "The Wheel of Time".

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The Last Kingdom
the last kingdom yaz GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login