OT: Spiderman No Way Home

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Has anyone seen it yet. I hope to take my oldest. The only one he hasn't seen so far is Spiderman 3. Should he see that beforehand?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Saw it last night, I think most people will really enjoy this movie.

There are one or two reference to Spider-Man 3 but nothing major. I mean Sandman is in the movie (don’t think that’s a spoiler since he’s been in all the trailers) but he’s nowhere close to the most important character in this one.

This is definitely the most emotional of the Tom Holland movies. I liked the first two movies a lot but they admittedly had lower stakes and were more light hearted than most big Marvel movies. This one is pretty intense and sets up some really interesting dynamics for future Marvel and/or Sony movies.

It may be the best live action Spider-Man movie, need to think on it some more but I really liked this one. I am a big fan of Into the Spider-verse and I’m not sure this rises to that level for me, but there’s a lot of good stuff in this movie.

Last edited:

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I thought it was great. I would suggest sticking around for mid and end credits scene.

Feb 15, 2007
Pardon the pun, but it was absolutely amazing and spectacular. Everyone brought their A game. The theater felt like an event was taking place, a la Infinity War. For me, a giant Spider-Man fan, it lived up to hype.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Anyone ever seen a movie in 4DX? Was just looking up this Spiderman and saw that a theater close by has it in 4DX. Might have to give that a try…apparently there’s various in theater effects, seats can move, sprinklers, etc….I might take the wife and kid and not tell them what to expect.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I'm loving these reviews. Going with my girlfirend and her son on Sunday. Please no spoilers

Last edited:

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
The AMC parking lot was so packed and over flowing tonight. I haven't seen a movie theater parking lot like that since I don't know when. I assume Spider Man. What else is out?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The AMC parking lot was so packed and over flowing tonight. I haven't seen a movie theater parking lot like that since I don't know when. I assume Spider Man. What else is out?

It’s mostly Spider-Man related I’m sure. This is by far the most anticipated movie to come out since COVID hit.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Saw it this afternoon with the wife & stepson.

I agree with most of what MSUDC11 said. It may be the most enjoyable one I've seen since the first, very first, one in what? 04ish.

But, I'm a big web-crawler fan & the 13 year old is amazed by my knowledge.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
I add my endorsement. As does my 5 year old, 7 year old and wife. Oh and I took our niece also who falls asleep during every movie and she stayed awake the entire time.

Very well written and ties up a lot of holes with the previous Spider-Man movies.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just finished watching. 9 of 10. Cannot find a flaw on first viewing and I will have more opinions after everyone has a chance to see it. Don't spoil it

Make sure you stay for the post credits. Mid credits are ok but after the credits stuff is crazy.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

We went to the 3:30 pm showing at Alamo Drafthouse - Lakeline and had to park across the street even with a handicap tag I think people were waiting for a really good movie to go back to the theaters and this one earns the ratings it's getting. My wife puts up with and half watches these movies with me and she really enjoyed it.

I had forgotten what the experience of a good movie at the theater was like. Thanks for this now Marvel after the latest clunkers you rolled out.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Saw it Friday. It is a must watch. I absolutely loved it and I want to see it again ASAP. I had to stop and take in what I was seeing a couple of times. It’s the best marvel film outside of the final two Avengers movies.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Just got home from watching it. My wife, son (12), and I all thought it was great. My teenage daughter and her friend thought it was just okay.

It was a little slow in a couple spots…

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Damn, that was a good movie. No spoilers but let me say other directors..

..such as Ridley Scott have been lowkey bitching about audiences being dumbed down and flocking to super hero movies instead of that 17ing bore fest Last Duel he just put out.

Well.. start putting interesting characters on screen backed up by smart writing that make people care about them and that can evoke real emotion and movie goers will buy the tickets.

Last edited:

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
17 the post credits. This is much bigger
*SPOILER* How is no one saying anything about Matt 17ing Murdoc????

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My son watched it last night and from what he told me, I will probably go see it. Cool story line.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Saw it over the weekend. I'm not the world's biggest Spider-Man fan (grew up more on DC stuff) but I thought it was fantastic. Easily the best of all the Spider-Man movies and probably a Top 5 Marvel movie.

Avoid spoilers if you can and, as others have said, stick around to the very end for the post-credits scene. It basically helps set up the next couple of Marvel movies and maybe even TV shows.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login