OT: Verizon commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
What's up with the strange walking girl? Why does she walk like that? I'm so confused. Yes, I'm losing sleep during the holidays thinking about this.***

catvet

May 11, 2009
A loser off Saturday Night Live. No one watches it anymore so she might as well be in the witness protection program

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
A loser off Saturday Night Live. No one watches it anymore so she might as well be in the witness protection program

Kate McKinnon is funny as hell on SNL but her movies/commercials are duds.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Speaking of .... does it appear that in the latest commercial the producers are hiding her behind **** to mask that she's expecting?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I would have no idea who she is if it wasn't for Yesterday (the movie). I thought she was very good in that.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
What's up with the strange walking girl? Why does she walk like that? I'm so confused. Yes, I'm losing sleep during the holidays thinking about this.***

She walks like that because she's a bull dyke.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Speaking of .... does it appear that in the latest commercial the producers are hiding her behind **** to mask that she's expecting?

I read an article about it. She started taking offense to social media comments about her body so they started showing her behind a desk or table and buttoning her shirt all the way to the top to try and help her be more comfortable.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think I read where she helps write and create the content for the commercials and yes she did that to hide her body.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
It's forever wild to me that she was in a relationship with Bari Weiss.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I love how all the liberals came out to defend SNL. Truly hilarious!

Well, it's probably somewhat a factual defense. 5M viewers isn't good compared to what it used to get and Saturday night live certainly isn't relevant like it used to be, but almost nothing is. The late night shows have dropped off much more than SNL. They get outdrawn by a "late night" show on fox news (I dont' think it airs quite as late as the other ones, but I think it draws about the same as Colbert and more than the others).

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure what they paid for her, but they almost certainly way overpaid. She's not recognizable enough to really move the needle for most people, and they're not having her do anything that distinguishes her. Should have gone with a cute or hot unknown that has a little charisma (e.g., Lily). Way better bang for their buck. Or actually try to let her write a funny commercial like Flo (not sure if Flo helps with content, but whoever does it, whether you like theier stuff or not, it's recognizably trying to be funny).

was21

May 29, 2007
She does have input on the commercials. Irony is that while she's hiding most of her body two prominent parts are still prominent.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

It is a loyally watched show and its reach on YouTube is huge.

If you do t fund it funny, cool, but at least be accurate with your post

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

She helps write and produce the commercials. She chose to hide herself behind **** because of comments in this thread.
Maybe she is expecting g too, I can't say I keep up on her personal life.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I love how all the liberals came out to defend SNL. Truly hilarious!

What do liberal or conservative leanings have anything to do with whether or not people are watching a late night sketch comedy show? This is exactly what is wrong with this country right now….folks bringing politics into everything.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What do liberal or conservative leanings have anything to do with whether or not people are watching a late night sketch comedy show? This is exactly what is wrong with this country right now….folks bringing politics into everything.

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but like a lot of comedy shows, SNL has (or had; I haven't watched in a while so they may have backed off of it) really leaned into identifying with and catering to a leftist audience. Probably a good move on their part, as they were likely going to lose a lot of their audience regardless, and they at least engendered some loyalty from their remaining audience. But it does contribute to the weird phenomena where viewership of what is supposed to be a comedy show does a decent job of substituting as a sign of loyalty to or membership to a particular tribe.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, but like a lot of comedy shows, SNL has (or had; I haven't watched in a while so they may have backed off of it) really leaned into identifying with and catering to a leftist audience. Probably a good move on their part, as they were likely going to lose a lot of their audience regardless, and they at least engendered some loyalty from their remaining audience. But it does contribute to the weird phenomena where viewership of what is supposed to be a comedy show does a decent job of substituting as a sign of loyalty to or membership to a particular tribe.

In what way have they done this? I’m like you and haven’t been a regular viewer for awhile, but I know they have done sketches making fun of the woke movement, amongst other things. They have been pretty even handed with political humor over the long haul, but a vast majority of the content doesn’t have any political context which is why its had the staying power that it has.

They were pretty ruthless on Trump (just like everyone else was), but the dude was pretty much a walking punchline and comedy gold mine…as just about any rational person who actually voted for him would also tell you.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
She helps write and produce the commercials. She chose to hide herself behind **** because of comments in this thread.
Maybe she is expecting g too, I can't say I keep up on her personal life.

How could you keep up with her personal life while spending so much damn time here advancing the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login