Penn State at 9. Illinois at 19.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Marshall and Nitt1300 when they see each other defending Franklin premptively in every single thread….

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

🥰

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Odds are PS by 18. Seems a bit high. I was thinking more 10-14.
Wow. I’d put a significant bet on Illinois at +18 if I were a betting person.

As far as betting power ratings go, I have PSU as a 22 point favorite at home for a night game (and I have adjusted Illinois up quite a bit over the season). With the way the Illinois plays, 22 does feel a bit high, but 17 to 18 does not. If the line was set at -10 to -14, it would immediately be bet up.

that is a sizeable spread for any top 20 game. I know they usually give 7 for home advantage. if we won by 17 and didn't cover, I would feel like that was a very solid win over a good team. in the end a win is a win though by any margin.

7 points for HFA is wayyyyy too high. The standard used to be 3 points, but it really varies from 1 to 4. PSU white out and LSU night games can be up to 5 points but that is super high. Here is a study on HFA for all teams....https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-home-field-advantage-2024

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Bielema came to our house two years ago and walked out with the ultimate grind it out win. If he has the horses or has the ponies believing they are Kentucky derby horses, he can out scheme Franklin and keep it close again. At the end of the day I would think we have the better depth and more talent at the skills positions, plus we are at home. Though none of that seemed to matter two years ago. I would like to see a pretty convincing beating here, 31-10 ish. But I would also settle for the one point win and move on.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
As far as betting power ratings go, I have PSU as a 22 point favorite at home for a night game (and I have adjusted Illinois up quite a bit over the season). With the way the Illinois plays, 22 does feel a bit high, but 17 to 18 does not. If the line was set at -10 to -14, it would immediately be bet up.

7 points for HFA is wayyyyy too high. The standard used to be 3 points, but it really varies from 1 to 4. PSU white out and LSU night games can be up to 5 points but that is super high. Here is a study on HFA for all teams....https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-home-field-advantage-2024
Hoping it drops to 17 on Hard Rock. PSU has covered a LOT of games like this the past 20 or so games (as you know).

Latest posts