Pitt AD Heather Lyke "Relieved of Duties"

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Since she didn't stay for the whole time, does this mean she does not get a free beverage?

Game Show Love GIF by ABC Network

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
There is certainly more to the story. Maybe she was fielding other offers and Pitt wanted to dump her before she could quit. Maybe she said something nice about Penn State so they ditched her. Unethical/illegal conduct aside, I wouldn't be shocked if she is named the AD at another university soon.

Waaaaaaaany

Oct 13, 2021
There is certainly more to the story. Maybe she was fielding other offers and Pitt wanted to dump her before she could quit. Maybe she said something nice about Penn State so they ditched her. Unethical/illegal conduct aside, I wouldn't be shocked if she is named the AD at another university soon.
I think she was a finalist for the Northwestern job but didn't get it

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
“As we enter a new era in college athletics, one that seems to change by the day, we need a new vision and a new leader of our athletics department.”

Sounds like someone wasn’t happy with her performance. There’s more to this story.

Reactions: Sharkies

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Is it ok if we start wild baseless rumors like the Lair would surely do?
O.K., I'll start
I liked Heather as the Pitt AD, think she did great job with the "hand" delt to her.
She did a fine job and wished we had her as our AD instead of Sandy, wishing her well in future.

Aside from the positive indices, her body & face seem the have taken on the appearance of a bit alcohol & possibly drug abuse. 🤦‍♂️
My bad......a wild baseless rumor

1725899458830.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ODShowtime

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
ESPN reported that she was fired because she and the new chancellor could not agree on a plan for NIL going forward.

Reactions: BobPSU92

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
Did she sign off on the 8 year contract for the donkey/monkey? Because that should be a fireable offense.

Reactions: BobPSU92

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
ESPN reported that she was fired because she and the new chancellor could not agree on a plan for NIL going forward.
I understand that Lyke was about a year behind in addressing an NIL plan, her priority was Victory Heights.
The new chancellor Gabel may have fired Lyke without having a few persons in mind for the AD position, doesn't have a Rolodex of future hires like James.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
I understand that Lyke was about a year behind in addressing an NIL plan, her priority was Victory Heights.
The new chancellor Gabel may have fired Lyke without having a few persons in mind for the AD position, doesn't have a Rolodex of future hires like James.
Her contract is in its final year. Negotiations were not pleasing Heather so she started looking elsewhere (OSU, NW). Brass didn't take kindly to her name being linked to jobs elsewhere. IMO finances and NIL are just excuses for Pitt Chancellor acting now to appear to take the initiative. I believe Heather is highly regarded in the industry.

Reactions: step.eng69

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Her contract is in its final year. Negotiations were not pleasing Heather so she started looking elsewhere (OSU, NW). Brass didn't take kindly to her name being linked to jobs elsewhere. IMO finances and NIL are just excuses for Pitt Chancellor acting now to appear to take the initiative. I believe Heather is highly regarded in the industry.

Does Kraft need an assistant (besides us)?

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
🤜🤛
Thanks Marshall,
As of August, this year, did she even have a contract? I read something about a yr or two extension. I thought Heather did a fine job at Pitt.

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
Lyke obviously thinks she can do better than work in the Oakland sewer, and she is probably right. They fired her now to save face. Very shortly she would have dumped pitt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshall2323

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
She was named "Athletic Director of the Year" by her peers. To put that into perspective, Ms Excellence won the award twice.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
🤜🤛
Thanks Marshall,
As of August, this year, did she even have a contract? I read something about a yr or two extension. I thought Heather did a fine job at Pitt.
I am not sure. But under the impression that her contract expires June 2025.

Latest posts