Please retire Mike

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Xs and Os ain’t the problem. It’s the jimmys and joes. It’s always evident vs Bama.

Leach gonna have to decide if he’s willing to dig deep and get the players needed to win big 2-3 years from now.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Xs and Os ain’t the problem. It’s the jimmys and joes. It’s always evident vs Bama.

Leach gonna have to decide if he’s willing to dig deep and get the players needed to win big 2-3 years from now.
It's year 3, who's Jimmy's and Joe's are these? Who are the new Jimmy and Joes?

Reactions: Itsaboutus

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

I agree with you on the first sentence but disagree on the second. Nobody is getting the players to Mississippi State to compete year in and year out with the elite programs. Sabin could not win a National championship at State. We missed the boat to be competitive in football before most of us were born. We don’t have the network to get the five stars and we’re too far behind the blue bloods to ever catch up. The only chance we have for a 10+ win season is to build it from the ground up and catch lightning in a bottle every 5-10 years. We are attracting two kinds of coaches, an old has been who wants to give the SEC a shot before they retire or a young unproven coordinator who will leave us first time someone big notices them. Leech is probably our best chance to be competitive but he doesn’t have the players. If Leech and Saban swapped teams Leech would be spanking Sabans *** every year.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But all we've heard is how in year 3 Leach teams make the leap, how are we better? Is the OL better? Are the receivers making a leap? Are our special teams better? Are our kickers better? Are our DBs better? Is this team beating GA, Aub, or Black Bears? Where's the silver lining?

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007

I was told this was the year Leach was going to win big.

Reactions: Itsaboutus

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
But all we've heard is how in year 3 Leach teams make the leap, how are we better? Is the OL better? Are the receivers making a leap? Are our special teams better? Are our kickers better? Are our DBs better? Is this team beating GA, Aub, or Black Bears? Where's the silver lining?
Ok. I’ll bite. Yes our OL is better than the previous two years but there is no depth, we can’t overcome injuries. the WR’s are better as a group. They are leaps and bounds better than anything Mullen ever put on the field. What they are missing is a big fast guy that can get separation and take over a game. Our kickers and special teams are awful, beyond bad. Our defense is better than I expected but outs of Emerson the DBs are the weak link. Mentally I think Will is as good as you can hope for but physically I just don’t think he can make the throws required to take the next step.

Oct 17, 2022
Ok. I’ll bite. Yes our OL is better than the previous two years but there is no depth, we can’t overcome injuries. the WR’s are better as a group. They are leaps and bounds better than anything Mullen ever put on the field. What they are missing is a big fast guy that can get separation and take over a game. Our kickers and special teams are awful, beyond bad. Our defense is better than I expected but outs of Emerson the DBs are the weak link. Mentally I think Will is as good as you can hope for but physically I just don’t think he can make the throws required to take the next step.

its Pathetic the lengths some of these anti leach people go to.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
its Pathetic the lengths some of these anti leach people go to.
It doesn’t even make sense. There’s not much evidence to suggest Leach is a bad coach, but mountains that suggest that he’s a good coach. It’s a bizarro world sort of like politics.

You can reasonably debate whether the Air Raid is a good offense for MSU, but we are dug in for the long haul now so no sense bitching about it.

Oct 17, 2022
It doesn’t even make sense. There’s not much evidence to suggest Leach is a bad coach, but mountains that suggest that he’s a good coach. It’s a bizarro world sort of like politics.

You can reasonably debate whether the Air Raid is a good offense for MSU, but we are dug in for the long haul now so no sense bitching about it.
They all said if we go 2-1 during that three game stretch of tamu ark and uk it would meet our goals, but then of course we go 2-1 and they start screaming fire leach. There’s definitely an agenda going on and it only hurts the program.

like If we lose to Bama on the road leach is terrible, lol

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They all said if we go 2-1 during that three game stretch of tamu ark and uk it would meet our goals, but then of course we go 2-1 and they start screaming fire leach. There’s definitely an agenda going on and it only hurts the program.

like If we lose to Bama on the road leach is terrible, lol
Did I say that? I don't think so. But I'm so deep in the beer I don't care.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's it? That's the year 3 review? "no depth", "better than anything Mullen (a running coach) put on the field" , "special teams are awful beyond bad", "defense better than expected, weak link" , "Will good as you can hope for"? I'll surely sleep better now...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login