Remember when rules mattered? Dogs in a mall.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
So, my wife and I go to a mall yesterday for shopping, scones, lattes, the usual. For the first time at this mall, we saw people, inside the mall, walking their dogs. Around ten different people with a dog. These were not emergency medical dogs. No scarves or other signage visible. Just plain, ordinary dogs.

I figured that dogs must not really be allowed in this mall, so what gives? Checking the FAQ page on the mall’s website indicates that only certified medical dogs are allowed in the mall. What the hell? o_O

My wife and I happened upon a security guard, and without reporting anyone, I asked him about all the dogs around. He said that despite the official policy, he and his fellow security guards are instructed not to confront anyone with a dog. The concern is that a dog owner will get offended, make a scene, lodge a complaint, etc. So, there really is no policy.

For f*ck’s sake. I remember a time when rules mattered, when rules were observed, and when rules were enforced. Now, we can’t risk offending the rule breaker.

I figure the policy will be enforced when someone gets bitten by a dog or a dog sh|ts on a store carpet.

Get off my mall! o_O

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
So, my wife and I go to a mall yesterday for shopping, scones, lattes, the usual. For the first time at this mall, we saw people, inside the mall, walking their dogs. Around ten different people with a dog. These were not emergency medical dogs. No scarves or other signage visible. Just plain, ordinary dogs.

I figured that dogs must not really be allowed in this mall, so what gives? Checking the FAQ page on the mall’s website indicates that only certified medical dogs are allowed in the mall. What the hell? o_O

My wife and I happened upon a security guard, and without reporting anyone, I asked him about all the dogs around. He said that despite the official policy, he and his fellow security guards are instructed not to confront anyone with a dog. The concern is that a dog owner will get offended, make a scene, lodge a complaint, etc. So, there really is no policy.

For f*ck’s sake. I remember a time when rules mattered, when rules were observed, and when rules were enforced. Now, we can’t risk offending the rule breaker.

I figure the policy will be enforced when someone gets bitten by a dog or a dog sh|ts on a store carpet.

Get off my mall! o_O

Just confront a dog owner. See how it goes.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
I have a niece that’s F’ing nuts. She has this half wild large Labrador that she takes to the mall and everywhere else. She has this outfit she puts on him, and if anyone says something she claims it’s a “comfort dog” that’s allowed to go anywhere because of her insecurities.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I have a niece that’s F’ing nuts. She has this half wild large Labrador that she takes to the mall and everywhere else. She has this outfit she puts on him, and if anyone says something she claims it’s a “comfort dog” that’s allowed to go anywhere because of her insecurities.
As a landlord in Pennsylvania you can't disqualify a tenant for owning an emotional support dog in the application process, even if you specify no pets. You also can't evict a tenant if they acquire an emotional support dog or pet a week after they move in. It's effing crazy.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
You have to be really careful here. Service dogs or emotional support animals are allowed to go anywhere the human is permitted to. It’s a huge issue in Condo’s and HOA’s and legal will instruct you to not ask questions, etc. given the slippery slope that this can lead you on. You can’t ask the people about the disability or condition that the dog assists in. You CAN ask to see the designation but that was advised against. So basically you have expanded what was human space to be shared space with service or ESA’s so that you’re on the way to no designation.

• Angry
Reactions: MacNit and BobPSU92

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

Get off my mall! o_O
Did the mall have a policy about chicks walking around topless?? You should have inquired!

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
You have to be really careful here. Service dogs or emotional support animals are allowed to go anywhere the human is permitted to. It’s a huge issue in Condo’s and HOA’s and legal will instruct you to not ask questions, etc. given the slippery slope that this can lead you on. You can’t ask the people about the disability or condition that the dog assists in. You CAN ask to see the designation but that was advised against. So basically you have expanded what was human space to be shared space with service or ESA’s so that you’re on the way to no designation.
What happens when I sit at the bar and a lady next to me puts a dog on the barstool next to me? This happened and we finished our drinks and left without ordering food. I love dogs but this shiz is going too far.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Today's society reminds me of a quote by Edmund Burke in 1790.
“The age of chivalry is gone: that of sophisters, economists and calculators has succeeded: and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever.”

Burke was a man ahead of his time, and while I don't agree with everything he wrote, there is a lot of contemporary wisdom to be found in his writings.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Dogs (and other pets) are great. But they don't belong everywhere. They are not people, they are not family and they don't deserve the same considerations that humans do (nor should they be treated poorly).

They are pets. Leave them in your air conditioned house.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
As a landlord in Pennsylvania you can't disqualify a tenant for owning an emotional support dog in the application process, even if you specify no pets. You also can't evict a tenant if they acquire an emotional support dog or pet a week after they move in. It's effing crazy.
And THIS is why I pursue other income aves.

Reactions: ODShowtime

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Publix has cracked down on this nonsense. Seeing eye dogs only. And they mean it.

Another reason why shopping there is a pleasure.
Publix has great prices on their subs. Some BOGO deals are good too. Everything else is overpriced.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Publix has great prices on their subs. Some BOGO deals are good too. Everything else is overpriced.
I buy meats at Doris' Market. Everything else at Publix. You have to manage the BOGOs and look for deals. Stock a pantry. Still cheaper than Walmart if you do it right.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
It's in sh*thole NJ though.
o SNAP!! 1 N 2 were raised in hunterdon county, just saying Florida man
Here are “America’s Richest Counties,” with each county’s median annual household income, according to the Forbes piece:

• Loudoun County, Virginia: $115,574.
  • Falls Church City, Virginia: $114,409
  • Fairfax County, Virginia: $105,416
  • Los Alamos County, New Mexico: $103,643
  • Hunterdon County, New Jersey: $100,980
  • Douglas County, Colorado: $99,198
  • Fairfax City, Virginia: $97,900
  • Somerset County, New Jersey: $97,440
  • Morris County, New Jersey: $96,747

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021

Get off my mall! o_O
If confronted, the owners will probably plead that the dog is an emotional support animal. Last time I flew from Miami to Pittsburgh there were 4 dogs on the flight. They were declared emotional support animals. Also, there was a small pig. It was declared an emotional support animal also.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
o SNAP!! 1 N 2 were raised in hunterdon county, just saying Florida man
Here are “America’s Richest Counties,” with each county’s median annual household income, according to the Forbes piece:

• Loudoun County, Virginia: $115,574.
  • Falls Church City, Virginia: $114,409
  • Fairfax County, Virginia: $105,416
  • Los Alamos County, New Mexico: $103,643
  • Hunterdon County, New Jersey: $100,980
  • Douglas County, Colorado: $99,198
  • Fairfax City, Virginia: $97,900
  • Somerset County, New Jersey: $97,440
  • Morris County, New Jersey: $96,747
Residents of Jupiter Island + Palm Beach could own all those counties if they wished.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

if you don’t know, this place is boujee as F
And??????? Only service dogs and small ones (under 20 lbs) in carriers are allowed. Dogs aren't allowed in establishments serving food. So called "comfort" animals are not permitted.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

if you don’t know, this place is boujee as F

That’s where I was yesterday. I’m still amazed that they allow someone who smells like me in the place.

Now I wonder about the net worth of those dogs. 🤔

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Residents of Jupiter Island + Palm Beach could own all those counties if they wished.
o SNAP

Top 10 Richest States in the USA (by Median Household Income)

The list below shows the top ten richest states in the United States based on median household income, offering insight into their citizens’ economic success and well-being. These states are notable for their high standards of living, prosperous communities, and prospects for advancement and achievement. From the booming tech centers of Massachusetts to the stunning vistas of Colorado and the tranquil coasts of Hawaii, each state provides a distinct combination of economic prospects and quality of life. Explore the list to learn about the states with the highest median salaries in the nation.

1. Maryland
  2. New Jersey
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Hawaii
  5. Connecticut
  6. Virginia
  7. Washington
  8. Colorado
  9. New Hampshire
  10. Minnesota

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021

Get off my mall! o_O
It’s nutty. I’m not a dog person at all, or any other animal for that matter. It just baffles me to walk into a store or a restaurant (outdoor seating at this point) and people have their dog with them. I can’t comprehend how this has become a thing.

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
Publix has cracked down on this nonsense. Seeing eye dogs only. And they mean it.

Another reason why shopping there is a pleasure.
I see dogs in Publix all the time still. The little old ladies ignore the rules and the employees are afraid to say anything. One time I was getting to start checking out at the self checkout and some lady with a medium sized dog set up right next to me with the dog jumping around a little bit. I just walked out of the store and left all the groceries at the checkout. I figured if the store wasn’t going to do anything, then tough $h!t.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
o SNAP

The list below shows the top ten richest states in the United States based on median household income, offering insight into their citizens’ economic success and well-being. These states are notable for their high standards of living, prosperous communities, and prospects for advancement and achievement. From the booming tech centers of Massachusetts to the stunning vistas of Colorado and the tranquil coasts of Hawaii, each state provides a distinct combination of economic prospects and quality of life. Explore the list to learn about the states with the highest median salaries in the nation.

1. Maryland
  2. New Jersey
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Hawaii
  5. Connecticut
  6. Virginia
  7. Washington
  8. Colorado
  9. New Hampshire
  10. Minnesota
Jupiter Island is 800 residents and some estimates say that up to 1/6th of the world's wealth can be tracked to it.

Reactions: Bison13

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
o SNAP

1. Maryland
  2. New Jersey
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Hawaii
  5. Connecticut
  6. Virginia
  7. Washington
  8. Colorado
  9. New Hampshire
  10. Minnesota
Wiki list of wealthiest animals
4 of the top 5 are cats. The other is a $15m chicken.

Who knew Taylor Swift's cat (want to use another term here) was worth so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobPSU92

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
o SNAP

1. Maryland
  2. New Jersey
  3. Massachusetts
  4. Hawaii
  5. Connecticut
  6. Virginia
  7. Washington
  8. Colorado
  9. New Hampshire
  10. Minnesota

MD and VA are due to all the government people who are paid from our tax money, rather sad as a MD resident