Remember when rules mattered? Dogs in a mall.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Some malls have signs you can't carry a weapon because it's "private property". Pure BS. If you have a CCP they can't stop you from carrying.

But dogs are ok to mess in the mall.
Uh, yeah ... they can.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I always figured if I was carrying concealed in a place that said it was prohibited, by the time anyone knew I was carrying the bullets would already be flying (unless there was a search like a courthouse or airport, etc). Questions would be answered later.
So you figured you'd commit a criminal act? That's so cool.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
It's not criminal until your caught and convicted. That's so America.
It's still a criminal act, even before you've been caught and convicted. Criminal acts are defined in legislature. That you can be convicted for committing a criminal act doesn't mean a criminal act wasn't committed before conviction. That's so English language and logic. Maybe you'll be able to read up on that when you're in jail/prison if you continue committing criminal acts.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
It's still a criminal act, even before you've been caught and convicted. Criminal acts are defined in legislature. That you can be convicted for committing a criminal act doesn't mean a criminal act wasn't committed before conviction. That's so English language and logic. Maybe you'll be able to read up on that when you're in jail/prison if you continue committing criminal acts.
Maybe you should read what I wrote, I never said had before or was planning to in the future commit a criminal act.

"...if I was carrying concealed in a place that said it was prohibited, by the time anyone knew..."

I added the emphasis for your benefit. You know, because of the English language part. I'm not an attorney, but I know some good ones if I need them.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
How did we go from complaining about a$$holes and their dogs to a$$holes and their money?

o_O
You’re looking at this board thing all wrong. Imagine we’re sitting around the moose lodge bar drinking 1 dollar drafts moving from topic to topic

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Pictures of Greg Norman's old house on Jupiter Island. He tore it down, rebuilt it, then sold it. For some reason.

This is the best - boat dock on the Intracoastal and a beach house on the ocean across AIA. The beach house (not in view - that water is the Intracoastal) was where Chrissy Evert caught him porking the help. How do you cheat on Chrissy Evert?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Pictures of Greg Norman's old house on Jupiter Island. He tore it down, rebuilt it, then sold it. For some reason.

This is the best - boat dock on the Intracoastal and a beach house on the ocean across AIA. The beach house (not in view - that water is the Intracoastal) was where Chrissy Evert caught him porking the help. How do you cheat on Chrissy Evert?

The reason I know this property so well (Tranquility, it was called) is that I built a gigantic par 3 green just to the north for John Taylor (JJ Taylor Beer). That was almost 20 years ago. John is the biggest distributor in Boston and KC and has Yuengling out of Fort Pierce now.

If you look at the current satellite, John has torn down his house (like Norman did) and is building another. Yet my 20 year old par 3 green remains.

jjtaylor.jpg

Reactions: Bison13

PSUFBFAN

Oct 7, 2021

If my memory is accurate, didn’t he also have some fabulous ranch property in CO or Montana?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
If my memory is accurate, didn’t he also have some fabulous ranch property in CO or Montana?
He sold the ranch in CO for 52M and the Jupiter Estate for 77M. Claims he wants to move back to Australia. I know his first wife Laura. Very nice lady who deserved better.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021

good point, pic needed though

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
If confronted, the owners will probably plead that the dog is an emotional support animal. Last time I flew from Miami to Pittsburgh there were 4 dogs on the flight. They were declared emotional support animals. Also, there was a small pig. It was declared an emotional support animal also.
Well, I generally prefer being around dogs over people. And that preference would be multiplied when it comes to commercial flights.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Maybe you should read what I wrote, I never said had before or was planning to in the future commit a criminal act.

"...if I was carrying concealed in a place that said it was prohibited, by the time anyone knew..."

I added the emphasis for your benefit. You know, because of the English language part. I'm not an attorney, but I know some good ones if I need them.
I should read what you wrote? I'd need someone to translate it into English. "I never said had before or was planning to in the future commit a criminal act." Oy.

As to the "if" portion of your statement ... yeah, you weren't speaking in the speculative or hypothetical. Get some sleep and wake up refreshed, ready to try again. This time in English.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

Ben Affleck says , “Hold my beer!”

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Yeah in Pennsylvania the signs on private property are not enforcable. The establishment can ask you to leave the premises, but not have charges filed.
Trespass is still a thing in PA. So, yeah, they can have charges filed.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Trespass is still a thing in PA. So, yeah, they can have charges filed.
The signs that say "No firearms", etc. are not enforceable. Which is what we were talking about.
Trespassing signs are enforceable and the property owner can verbally ask you to leave by statting that if you stay you are trespassing. This conversation was never about trespassing. (It was about dogs in malls , so I'm sure we could get there)
But simply carrying a concealed weapon with a permit in a place that has a sign that says "Firearms prohibited", etc is not a crime in Pennsylvania. You can pretty much carry a firearm with a CCP in Pennsylvania wherever you want (schools and courthouse are notable exceptions, although I do not think the school exception has ever been litigated).
I also do not know how anyone would know someone is CC unless the weapon became unconcealed.

This is my last comment on the topic:
The future value of a dead rule follower is not as high as a living rule breaker. If necessary, I would rather be the latter.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
...or generational wealth passed down.

Yeah, we have friends who live on Fisher Island - lucky because parents are wealthy (Harvard, Oxford, McKinsey, etc) and they went to Wellesley, Ocford, LSE. Even most of the folks we know in NOVA who are wealthy were also born wealthy. Except the guy who hosted the adult board game night at his house the other night - tech entrepreneur (bought his house in McLean for $10mm). We’re slumming it in Great Falls…

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
The signs that say "No firearms", etc. are not enforceable. Which is what we were talking about.
Trespassing signs are enforceable and the property owner can verbally ask you to leave by statting that if you stay you are trespassing. This conversation was never about trespassing. (It was about dogs in malls , so I'm sure we could get there)
But simply carrying a concealed weapon with a permit in a place that has a sign that says "Firearms prohibited", etc is not a crime in Pennsylvania. You can pretty much carry a firearm with a CCP in Pennsylvania wherever you want (schools and courthouse are notable exceptions, although I do not think the school exception has ever been litigated).
I also do not know how anyone would know someone is CC unless the weapon became unconcealed.

The future value of a dead rule follower is not as high as a living rule breaker. If necessary, I would rather be the latter.
Moms will happily shoot any f nut who breaks into our estate just sayin

Reactions: ODShowtime

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Yeah, we have friends who live on Fisher Island - lucky because parents are wealthy (Harvard, Oxford, McKinsey, etc) and they went to Wellesley, Ocford, LSE. Even most of the folks we know in NOVA who are wealthy were also born wealthy. Except the guy who hosted the adult board game night at his house the other night - tech entrepreneur (bought his house in McLean for $10mm). We’re slumming it in Great Falls…
Speaking of rich asssholes in nova, Katie’s got some play last week on emiraforum

Reactions: Midnighter

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021

But you're wrong. Trespass still exists. If someone posts a sign saying "firearms prohibited" and you go onto their property with a gun, you are still committing the crime of trespass, regardless of whether or not the "sign" is "directly enforceable."

As to identifying who is "CC" ... I could tell you with at least 80% accuracy which sad sacks are CC. And whose wives are cheating on them (a lot of crossover there), or already just bolted. And they often come up with horribly misguided false dilemmas and think they're applying logic to a situation.

Last edited: