Riley to USC apparently.. anyone else see this?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
USC right now:

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
So he’s jumping ship before they go to the SEC. He sees the guaranteed 0 or 1 loss seasons most years disappearing with the switch and is likely looking for a similar set up in the PAC 12.

If true, genius move.

Still has his OU cred.

Takes his offensive acumen to the West Coast. If it works, big payoff. If it fails, blame it on USC.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
So who would be a good replacement at OU?

Fickell?
O’Brien?
Urban Meyer?
The DC from Clemson?
Ryan Day?
Josh Heupel?

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I've said that. Jimbo Fisher going to aTm from FSU had extenuating circumstances. If Riley makes the leap, this will be the first. I'd be interested in the rea$on$, though they may become obviou$.
But anytime a coach leaves - aren’t there always extenuating circumstances? Whether it be money a better opportunity or that he feels he has done all he can at one place?

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Reactions: bbrown

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
But anytime a coach leaves - aren’t there always extenuating circumstances? Whether it be money a better opportunity or that he feels he has done all he can at one place?
I guess extenuating circumstances can be both positive and negative. In Jimbo's case they were negative.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
I've said that. Jimbo Fisher going to aTm from FSU had extenuating circumstances. If Riley makes the leap, this will be the first. I'd be interested in the rea$on$, though they may become obviou$.

It's worth a pay cut today to move into a better situation and maintain a high level career longer than to go into the SEC and 8-4 becomes a great season.

Riley likely got a pay raise.

We also look at this much different than we did with JF.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
It's worth a pay cut today to move into a better situation and maintain a high level career longer than to go into the SEC and 8-4 becomes a great season.

Riley likely got a pay raise.

We also look at this much different than we did with JF.
I agree. He is prob making more even with the cost of living adjustments. I guess we will find out. I think it was a very smart decision by him but I’m not a Sooners fan so I don’t really have an emotional reaction to it.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login