Riley to USC apparently.. anyone else see this?

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
So many posters were so upset with Franklin because he didn't issue a definitive statement saying he isn't leaving Penn State but he is staying. Lincoln Riley made a very definitive statement Saturday night that he wasn't leaving and now Sunday he is leaving. I think that there are a lot of people on this board who like to complain about things and really don't know how good they have it.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
So many posters were so upset with Franklin because he didn't issue a definitive statement saying he isn't leaving Penn State but he is staying. Lincoln Riley made a very definitive statement Saturday night that he wasn't leaving and now Sunday he is leaving. I think that there are a lot of people on this board who like to complain about things and really don't know how good they have it.
You must be new around here.
Oh wait-we all are! šŸ˜²

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021

In Riley's defense, he said he wasn't leaving for LSU.

Karl_Racki

Oct 31, 2021
Riley never said he wasn't leaving, he said he wasn't taking the LSU job, in which he didn't.

OU lost Riley when they joined the SEC. OU lost sympathy for losing their coach, when they screwed over the rest of the Big 12.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Just a thought. Three of OUs top recruits are from towns with 30 minutes of USC campus. One of them being a 5 star recruit that spurned USC.
And they will prob be going to USC with him. They are probably pretty happy right now

Reactions: Bison13

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
Just a thought. Three of OUs top recruits are from towns with 30 minutes of USC campus. One of them being a 5 star recruit that spurned USC.
Already insta murmurs about the 5* WR following Riley to SC

need to set up boiler plate for these kids. After much thought and prayers , and consulting with my family , Iā€™ve decided to reopen my recruiting . Much thanks and love to OU . Please respect my decision .

Last edited:

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
So heā€™s jumping ship before they go to the SEC. He sees the guaranteed 0 or 1 loss seasons most years disappearing with the switch and is likely looking for a similar set up in the PAC 12.
Excellent pointā€¦Oklahoma is about to be exposed as a perennial 7-5 ish team.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
That will be a little culture shock for his family- Norman, Oklahoma to Los Angeles.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Sounds like Bama fans are about to run BOB outta town, so I'll go with him.
Bamaā€™s OL and DL in 2021 werenā€™t up to traditional Saban standards.

Bā€™OB was a bit handcuffed this year.

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
OU's class is starting to crumble. I was concerned that would have happened at PSU if
JF went elsewhere. I'm not agreeing on his contract or terms either just stating a fact.

Reactions: Ram20

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
What a massive power play by USC.

At first, I wondered why bounce from Okie to USC? Sure, the money's always a factor. But the road to the CFP is about 5 times easier at USC in the Pac-12 than it would be at OU in the SEC with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas, A&M, Auburn & Tennessee.

But, wow, congrats to USC for pulling off the coup. College football is better when USC is at full strength representing the West.
USC has been very unhappy with the PAC 12 the past few years. However, they should publicly thank the other conference teams for being so poor that Lincoln Riley would go there from Oklahoma for the easier path to the playoffs. ;)

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Lanz

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
USC has been very unhappy with the PAC 12 the past few years. However, they should publicly thank the other conference teams for being so poor that Lincoln Riley would go there from Oklahoma for the easier path to the playoffs. ;)
Yeah - Texas and OU are going to struggle in the SEC where they wonā€™t be the big dogs any longer - I get the money end of it but when you start losing all the time how happy will fans be and with Texas keep losing.

Reactions: Psu00

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah - Texas and OU are going to struggle in the SEC where they wonā€™t be the big dogs any longer - I get the money end of it but when you start losing all the time how happy will fans be and with Texas keep losing.
Texas has been struggling for a while. Since 2014, the same time CJF got here, Texas has had four losing seasons. Pretty much expect that trend to continue.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Texas has been struggling for a while. Since 2014, the same time CJF got here, Texas has had four losing seasons. Pretty much expect that trend to continue.

The interesting part becomes what happens to the divisions?

Do you move Bama and Auburn to the East to make room for the Big 12 Brothers in the West? Do they switch somebody to get Missouri geographically correct now?

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
The interesting part becomes what happens to the divisions?

Do you move Bama and Auburn to the East to make room for the Big 12 Brothers in the West? Do they switch somebody to get Missouri geographically correct now?
So, 16 teams right?

East

Kentucky
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Florida
Auburn
Alabama

West

Ole Miss
Miss State
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
OU
Arkansas
Missouri

The rivalry games (for the most part) don't change much

The only real change would be that LSU would play Arkansas for the Boot, and old Big 8/Big 12 rivals Missou and OU would finish the season.
aTm and UT would go back to their rivalry.

The big change here would be that UGA and Bama would start seeing more of each other. In the last several years, they have not really played each other much during the regular season.

This is of course, assuming the SEC keeps it's current 6+2 format. Although they may have to jump to nine with 7+2 format.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
So, 16 teams right?

East

Kentucky
South Carolina
Georgia
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Florida
Auburn
Alabama

West

Ole Miss
Miss State
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
OU
Arkansas
Missouri

The rivalry games (for the most part) don't change much

The only real change would be that LSU would play Arkansas for the Boot, and old Big 8/Big 12 rivals Missou and OU would finish the season.
aTm and UT would go back to their rivalry.

The big change here would be that UGA and Bama would start seeing more of each other. In the last several years, they have not really played each other much during the regular season.

This is of course, assuming the SEC keeps it's current 6+2 format. Although they may have to jump to nine with 7+2 format.

Dead on what it should be.

They probably maintain the 6+2, but now it's 7+1. The +2 had protected games such as Bama vs Tennessee and I think UGA vs Auburn. This fixes those and allows for a better flow of cross division games.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The crazy thing about Riley to USC is he's been recruiting California really, really well for years. He had the top RB in the country, Raleek Brown, committed to Oklahoma this year (he'll probably flip to USC), and had three top CA players, including the best QB in California, committed to the '23 class (they'll all probably flip to USC too). He recruits CA, TX, DC/VA, and Florida very, very well. Will be fun to see if he can unseat Bama this year for the top class.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login