Riley to USC apparently.. anyone else see this?

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Didn't Stoops fire the hell out of Heupel? Supposedly they're on bad terms; I don't see it happening.
I guess he said in his book that one of the hardest days he had as a coach was firing him. Not sure if that matters. Would be interesting from an outsiders perspective if that happened just to see the UT fans and the gruden rumors again. I haven’t been a fan of them since what they did to Schiano.

Reactions: Midnighter

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Just a thought. Three of OUs top recruits are from towns with 30 minutes of USC campus. One of them being a 5 star recruit that spurned USC.
Just for discussion sake if CJF would have taken the USC job (IF) PSU's incoming class would have had similar defections. Oklahoma is in damage control right now and LSU is still without a HC.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021

If you are a golfer , you know this is true............
Harroz said he and Castiglione then turned to Stoops, calling him to ask if he would be interested in serving as interim coach. Before they could complete the question, Harroz said, Stoops interrupted and said, "Of course I will. Anything I can do I'll do."

Stoops, meanwhile, said he was on the golf course when he got the call.

"I wasn't playing well. That's the only reason I answered," he said.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
We can lose to Illinois at home again next year and he can start threatening the administrators again to pay market rate.
You'd swear the money is coming out of your pocket with your whining.

Reactions: psuro

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
You'd swear the money is coming out of your pocket with your whining.
I wouldn't swear it. I'm happy Franklin is updating the facilities and referenced often "it ain't my money." I'm happy Franklin is getting his, just honestly, if the market keeps going up, Franklin's agent is going to consider him underpaid no?

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I wouldn't swear it. I'm happy Franklin is updating the facilities and referenced often "it ain't my money." I'm happy Franklin is getting his, just honestly, if the market keeps going up, Franklin's agent is going to consider him underpaid no?
The market's going up? Guess that makes it a good contract for PSU, huh? 😏

Reactions: NEPA Lion

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Stampede out the door what 5 of the top 300 recruits have already decommitted ... plus their coach ... the OU house is on fire

Reactions: Psu00

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
The market's going up? Guess that makes it a good contract for PSU, huh? 😏
Precisley...but can jimmy sexton have that? That was the point, not "whining" just that if all these coaches get $12m to go to new schools, gotta think Franklin heads back into Sandy's office in short order.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
Precisley...but can jimmy sexton have that? That was the point, not "whining" just that if all these coaches get $12m to go to new schools, gotta think Franklin heads back into Sandy's office in short order.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
She can say no and it's his choice to walk or stay. The way I see it, his latest contract extension was nothing more than a security blanket that protects him when Barron and probably Sandy are gone in the next year or so and he has to deal with a new administration.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
OU AD this morning......

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
If you want to know why Oklahoma thinks they may have a shot with someone like Kingsbury, just look at what's going on. The only thing better than making a sh*t ton of money to coach football is being able to pick your players. Kingsbury makes $5.5mm at Arizona. Yes, he doesn't have to recruit, but he also has to deal with contracts, diva players, ownership, etc. At a place like Oklahoma, he's king of the castle - sure, he has to recruit, but he'll do it mostly on campus, and when he does travel, it will be on a private jet at his convenience. He'll bat clean up after his assistants have laid all the ground work. The money in the NFL isn't superior to college football by a long shot, and colleges - especially those who are football crazy - will break the bank to win. I wouldn't be surprised if he seriously listened to an offer from Oklahoma or Texas.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
Nothing Fairgambit Enterprises can't fix

Haven't you heard?

Fair Enterprises MOVED their entire production facility to Taiwan.

The Taiwanese gov't gave them a great land deal, on their island, to build their NEW production facility.

It has a fantastic view of the Chinese mainland to boot!

A little noisy though with all those planes buzzing over head all the time.

You get a great view of those NEW Chinese bomber and fighter aircraft let me tell you!

Reactions: Catch1lion

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login