Riley to USC apparently.. anyone else see this?

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
USC right now:

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB
The pitcher must be LSU.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
So who would be a good replacement at OU?

Fickell?
O’Brien?
Urban Meyer?
The DC from Clemson?
Ryan Day?
Josh Heupel?
My guess is the coach at Baylor….highly regarded….Dave Aranda

ChiTownLionPSU

Oct 22, 2021
What a massive power play by USC.

At first, I wondered why bounce from Okie to USC? Sure, the money's always a factor. But the road to the CFP is about 5 times easier at USC in the Pac-12 than it would be at OU in the SEC with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas, A&M, Auburn & Tennessee.

But, wow, congrats to USC for pulling off the coup. College football is better when USC is at full strength representing the West.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

NEPA Lion

Nov 2, 2021
LSU dumping ED O. three years post NC is not a good look for any potential HC
OU going to the SEC is football suicide.
Only difference is OU may be more patient with a new HC.

Reactions: VaDave4PSU

ChiTownLionPSU

Oct 22, 2021
Recall when Sekrah had everyone talking about Penn State pulling off a "moonshot" hire. The thought at the time was Les Miles, IIRC. Think things worked out better with Bill O'Brien and then James Franklin who won the B1G in 2016. Other names rumored at the time were Mark Richt at Georgia, David Cutcliffe at Duke and Jon Gruden according to Art who said the buyout clause broke the deal.

Anyway, Lincoln Riley should qualify as a "moonshot" hire for USC. Bill O'Brian is still out there and people keep saying Matt Rhule may re-enter the ranks. And there's always Urban Meyer hanging in the balance.

Quint526

Oct 29, 2021

At first, I wondered why bounce from Okie to USC? Sure, the money's always a factor. But the road to the CFP is about 5 times easier at USC in the Pac-12 than it would be at OU in the SEC with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Texas, A&M, Auburn & Tennessee.

But, wow, congrats to USC for pulling off the coup. College football is better when USC is at full strength representing the West.
USC wants to win. PSU wants to be the white hats.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021

I think college football will also be better off if one of these incoming SEC teams can challenge Alabama in the SEC.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
USC wants to win. PSU wants to be the white hats.
PSU doesn't know what it wants. For years, it let Joe define it and now that he's gone it has no sense of direction. It's reverted into become a nice little club where everyone can comfortably socialize until every so often Franklin comes around and kicks over the apple cart.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Switzer is still hanging around somewhere isn’t he?

Quint526

Oct 29, 2021
PSU doesn't know what it wants. For years, it let Joe define it and now that he's gone it has no sense of direction. It's reverted into become a nice little club where everyone can comfortably socialize until every so often Franklin comes around and kicks over the apple cart.
Haven't you heard...PSU wants stability, and James leads with love. 🤢

Personally, I prefer that he leads with fundamentals and discipline.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Haven't you heard...PSU wants stability, and James leads with love. 🤢

Personally, I prefer that he leads with fundamentals and discipline.
Just think of how much it's going to cost to redo all of those wall treatments in Lascjh if Franklin ever leaves....or maybe the nest guy will come from the Michael Jackson school, too.

Karl_Racki

Oct 31, 2021
My guess is that Kingsb….stays with Cardinals
Kliff Has one year left on his contract.. He has one of the best QB in the league, and one of the best WR and is 9-2. He is working on Arizona extending him with his agent saying this.

Word is Riley was not a fan of the SEC move. Anyways, home run hire by USC. They will be back to contending for the playoffs in a few years with Linc going there.

Now what will Williams do? PSU was in on him, USC has a few high QB recruits committed for the next few years. if he transfers I hope PSU is considered.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
So many posters were so upset with Franklin because he didn't issue a definitive statement saying he isn't leaving Penn State but he is staying. Lincoln Riley made a very definitive statement Saturday night that he wasn't leaving and now Sunday he is leaving. I think that there are a lot of people on this board who like to complain about things and really don't know how good they have it.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login