Robbie with the heat

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He made a valid point on today's T&L. Austin Peay chirped from the dugout, stomped home plate and how did the fans respond? By feeding them pork chops and hot dogs as a thank you for beating our ***. I get the hospitality but line has to be drawn somewhere
Does it make it ok to feed them if we kick their ***? I didn’t listen to this rant and won’t… but seems like some misguided anger here. The fan base has a long tradition of being hospitable to opposing fans and it’s part of the charm of DNF. Are the fans supposed to turn into ******** because the baseball team sucks? Maybe he should be directing his rant at our players for not taking offense to chirping and stomping on the plate.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
He made a valid point on today's T&L. Austin Peay chirped from the dugout, stomped home plate and how did the fans respond? By feeding them pork chops and hot dogs as a thank you for beating our ***. I get the hospitality but line has to be drawn somewhere
Can’t fault there boys for playing like we should be. They will be a fun team to keep up with this year.

If you don’t want to watch opponents enjoy our facilities then shut them down on the field of play.

Can’t expect other teams not to be jacked up beating a supposed power in the best college park in all of baseball. I have no problems with it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Does it make it ok to feed them if we kick their ***? I didn’t listen to this rant and won’t… but seems like some misguided anger here. The fan base has a long tradition of being hospitable to opposing fans and it’s part of the charm of DNF. Are the fans supposed to turn into ******** because the baseball team sucks? Maybe he should be directing his rant at our players for not taking offense to chirping and stomping on the plate.
That was just a small portion of it. His point was you’ve got a fanbase of baseball fans who are just there to be there and don’t seem to give a shít that the product is a clown show.

And right next door you’ve got a basketball team trying to make the tournament doing all they can to get a good crowd to show up.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Can’t fault there boys for playing like we should be. They will be a fun team to keep up with this year.

If you don’t want to watch opponents enjoy our facilities then shut them down on the field of play.

Can’t expect other teams not to be jacked up beating a supposed power in the best college park in all of baseball. I have no problems with it.
I’m friends with the Dad of one of their Assistant Coaches.
He said on Tuesday they (players and coaches) were jacked up to be coming to Starkville to play us and just hoped to compete and have the experience of playing in the best stadium and the best atmosphere and a team from the best conference.
All of them were on “Cloud 9” after winning on Tuesday night.
Haven’t talked to him yet after last nights debacle.
but to you point, yea they were excited about winning and probably especially after that comeback last night they were a bit cocky and acting all bad a$$.
Hell I don’t blame them.
We aren’t a good team and we got our a$$es handed to us.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Robbie is correct.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Our own students can walk around out there and not get offered a damn thing. Even a seat to watch the game when a box is empty
Truth. They also treat other fans like shlt.

Many in that group are just content the way things are. They care more about image. That attitude has long plagued MSU. I’m done with it honestly. We are ‘family’, yeah bulllllllshizzzzzz

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

If we took care of business this wouldn't be an issue. In the words of Al Davis, "Just WIN baby, just win".......

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
He was 100% correct. We treat it like a country club now. Put a pool in the outfield and call it good. Best rant I have heard Robbie make. I don’t know Robbie personally, even though I was very good friends with one of his sisters in college and know his wife’s family. However, I generally agree with most of his takes and love him and Hadad going back and forth. Keep it up guys.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
That was just a small portion of it. His point was you’ve got a fanbase of baseball fans who are just there to be there and don’t seem to give a shít that the product is a clown show.

And right next door you’ve got a basketball team trying to make the tournament doing all they can to get a good crowd to show up.
I have no doubt I missed context. I’m more replying to the OPs comment about sending the other team home with pork chops after they kicked our ***…. If Robbie said that, I couldn’t disagree with that anymore. Everyone loves the praise we get from opposing fans after we beat them. No need for us to be different because the baseball team sucks.

As for the comment about basketball vs baseball, you can’t make people interested in something they aren’t interested in. I’m not a huge fan of watching college basketball. I love watching baseball. If I’m in Starkville and there is a choice between baseball and basketball, I’m going to baseball.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
The LFL sappy hospitality so the opposing team will say something nice on social media about Dudy Noble is the biggest self-aggrandizing, pretentious BS display from our fanbase.

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
You hit the nail in the *** right there!
Agreed. I worked for game day operations ($5.15/hr thanks LT) my entire undergrad. I was there for every single game for years. I picked up the trash and cleaned the stadium after every game. I ran errands for tons of boosters that I was told to. I was there on move in day and helped til it was done. Not once was I ever offered even a hotdog from a single person. Thank goodness the concession stands gave us leftovers at the end of the night because there were days I was there for 15-20hrs straight. We were so cheap Duncan and LT limited us to 1 drink from the concession stand from our whole work shift.
I left MS 13 yrs ago. Since then I have been a good booster. I give and am invited back multiple times a year by athletics and a couple VPs and the Provost. I feel pretty connected at the university overall. I have been back for many games. I know plenty of people in the outfield. To this day I have witnessed our own be turned away in the LFL more than accepted. The environment is great on TV but if you ain’t in the club or an opposing team or fan then it’s gtfo! It’s def a country club. I’m a nobody and that’s Just my experience.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
He was exactly right. I made a post the other day about how every team that has come into the dude since the NC has come in full of confidence. There is always chirping and hollering in the visitor dugout, and we just take it.

I honestly had no idea that we still fed the opponents. That has to stop. First off, we shouldn't be doing anything to made our opponents more comfortable, especially if they want to talk trash the whole game. Secondly, why are folks spending $300-$500 to feed a whole team when that money could help the program? Do we even feed our team?

Yeah, the staff needs to do better, but our fans do too.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I have no doubt I missed context. I’m more replying to the OPs comment about sending the other team home with pork chops after they kicked our ***…. If Robbie said that, I couldn’t disagree with that anymore. Everyone loves the praise we get from opposing fans after we beat them. No need for us to be different because the baseball team sucks.
He did say it and I was surprised. Usually Robbie doesn’t get petty like that, but as a petty person I’m here for it 100%.

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here's some other valid points, teams that are getting their azzes beaten don't chirp from the dugout or stomp home plate. Teams that are spotted 18 free passes to 1st base don't lose. Getting outhit 16-6 by some mid week relievers from the Atlantic Sun Conference or whatever they are in now brings on chirping and stomping. It's not AP's responsibility to lay down and play nice, it's our teams responsibility to nut up and kick azz and they haven't done that for 3 seasons.
As for the LFL dwellers, where does that hate come from, been hearing a lot of that lately? So do you hate on Endzone Club, Wade Club Level, and Scoreboard Club Level seat holders at DWS? How about the new Club seats in The Hump, y'all hating on them? Do any of them open the doors and let students walk in and sit down? I don't have a box or seat in any premium areas, I know a few that do and are happy to have me stop by occasionally. But I'm not blaming fans for Lemonis problems. Sounds like a lot of misdirected whining being directed at the wrong folks when it should be at the players and coaches, they have a job to do and are the ones failing miserably.

Last edited:

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
My first time in the lounge I was headed to a friends rig. I was a tad lost, but I knew who I was looking for and roughly where I was going. I got plenty of “you don’t belong here” looks on my way to their rig. They have made it a members only country club out there.
It's for sure become that. It went from pulling your truck to watch a game with your friends to the rigs with your friends to chandeliers and pulled pork for only the ones that can afford it. Oh and the opposing team can't forget we have to take care of them after they open a can of whoop ***.

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
Here's some other valid points, teams that are getting their azzes beaten don't chirp from the dugout or stomp home plate. Teams that are spotted 18 free passes to 1st base don't lose. Getting outhit 16-6 by some mid week relievers from the Atlantic Sun Conference or whatever they are in now brings on chirping and stomping. It's not AP's responsibility to lay down and play nice, it's our teams responsibility to nut up and kick azz and they haven't done that for 3 seasons.
As for the LFL dwellers, where does that hate come from, been hearing a lot of that lately? So do you hate on Endzone Club, Wade Club Level, and Scoreboard Club Level seat holders at DWS? How about the new Club seats in The Hump, y'all hating on them? Do any of them open the doors and let students walk in and sit down? I don't have a box or seat in any premium areas, I know a few that do and are happy to have me stop by occasionally. But I'm not blaming fans for Lemonis problems. Sounds like a lot of misdirected whining being directed at the wrong folks when it should be at the players and coaches, they have a job to do and are the ones failing miserably.
To me There is a difference. LFL is promoted as “come one, come all! We take care of everyone”. They talk about it on all the national broadcasts. They air in people’s rigs and talk about all the hospitality. Not once are any of the other things you mentioned advertised as that. They are all inclusive and treated as such.
i have premium seats and I give my tickets away free almost every week because I live so far away. I would gladly give my tickets to any state fan, known or unknown, before I put them on the market for another fanbase. I even give the proceeds to charity or back to the university if someone makes me take payment for them. I realize I view things differently than other people. It’s just how I was raised. I just have a hard time watching our own people be treated like they aren’t good enough to be around because I have been that person and watched State fans snub their nose at me when I had nothing but will roll out the red carpet for another teams players and fans.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I sit in the lounge and I can tell you that we nor anybody around us feed the opposing players. If Robbie is talking about feeding the whole opposing team, I 100% agree with him. However I have no problem seeing someone at the fence throw a piece of sausage to an opposing outfielder who made a great play or takes all of the verbal abuse in stride. We also had around 10 students (friend's of the spot owner's son) in our box on opening day. There are 4 of us who split the cost of the spot and by the time each one of us have family and/or a close friend or two show up, all of our seating is full and 4 or 5 people have to stand.

Back during the Beverly Hillbilly lounge days we had one of the smaller rigs and could still comfortably seat around 18. Usually the only time we were full then was during Super Bulldog Weekend or regionals. We welcomed anybody then and they were free to come back but on their second trip we would tell them they had to pitch in and bring something for the grill. Now, with the smaller spots (we can seat 12 grown men), we fill up on Tuesday nights in February more times than not. Sorry. That's just the way it is. The only time I've known that we've turned somebody away was back during the old days when the owner booted a guy and his wife who were regulars because of the guy's attitude. He was one of those who would start pissing and moaning in the top of the 1st if our first pitch of the game was a ball and the owner got tired of his ****.

As far as it being a social event and people not watching the game, believe it or not there is probably a higher percentage of people in the lounge watching and paying attention now than there was in the old stadium. All of those people you see standing on the two concourses who are even halfway watching the game used to be congregated behind the rigs on the gravel road in left field and probably didn't even have a clue who we were playing.

I tell you what I'm going to do. Starting next Thursday (I'll be out of town this weekend and will be leaving the JSU game early for the Hump) once everybody in our spot has had a pass at whatever I'm cooking, I'll stand behind our spot and offer a bite to everybody who passes by until we run out. I'm not going to tell you where we are of what number our spot is so if you find me, you find me. If you're out there and somebody offers you some food, just ask "Are you the guy on 6pack?"

ETA: Don't get mad if I'm standing there with a plate of food and I don't see you. I actually watch the game and pay attention to details like pitch count, game situation, potential strategies and remember the player's last time at bat. In other words, I'm coaching in my head while watching the game. Now when something comes walking by in tight shorts, I do allow myself to be distracted for a few pitches.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It's for sure become that. It went from pulling your truck to watch a game with your friends to the rigs with your friends to chandeliers and pulled pork for only the ones that can afford it. Oh and the opposing team can't forget we have to take care of them after they open a can of whoop ***.
1708656104579.png
1972 Reveille. That's me in the straw hat my car is parked behind us. Wish it had stayed that way. Good times .

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've always said that the way the loungers or new loungers think of themselves a lot the way the pompous asses to the north think of themselves in the grove

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Typical homeboy media take. When the team sucks, find a fan to blame.

Reactions: 85Bears and ronpolk

Trazom

Mar 26, 2023
My first time in the lounge I was headed to a friends rig. I was a tad lost, but I knew who I was looking for and roughly where I was going. I got plenty of “you don’t belong here” looks on my way to their rig. They have made it a members only country club out there.
I hate to agree with all the posts about the lounge, but I do. It was really bad in the old Dude as a student. Saturday vs AF, I was invited to a “rig” and I missed the entrance by one. I was promptly told that it was a private area and I was not invited. The place I was going to was just to the left. Just a bunch of jerks. I’ll not be back. I’ll stay in my chairbacks and the club. Besides, the view from the lower level of rigs is awful. The right field rigs can’t even see the Jumbotron.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My favorite place to watch the games used to be in the right field bleachers in the old park. Grew up watching games there. Now my *** gets grass if want to go for a random game. Although now that we suck seats are a lot easier to get.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Yall Are looking at this all wrong. Someone has to recruit potential baseball players to State because it’s becoming obvious that the staff is unable to lure actual baseball players here. The loungers are just getting a jump on next year’s transfer portal. God knows someone needs to be looking ahead. *****

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He was 100% correct. We treat it like a country club now. Put a pool in the outfield and call it good. Best rant I have heard Robbie make. I don’t know Robbie personally, even though I was very good friends with one of his sisters in college and know his wife’s family. However, I generally agree with most of his takes and love him and Hadad going back and forth. Keep it up guys.
It’s been a country club for 30-40 years out there. Didn’t just start recently.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login