Robbie with the heat

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I know one thing for sure. If I can get back to Dudy Noble and we're playing a non-conference team, I'm wearing their gear.
Episode 1 Hello GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
As one of the avid clubsport loungers, "we," well me or I will spend my money as I choose and on things I enjoy. Good luck admonishing others to change their behavior and what they do to enjoy life to better reflect your personal preferences.

"Scary part" Not sure why it's scary to you if someone has different priorities and has a better understanding of what they enjoy in life. Another year of watching an average Lemonis-coached team might change my views.
Fair but you are part of the problem

kramer_192

Sep 15, 2012
Agreed. I worked for game day operations ($5.15/hr thanks LT) my entire undergrad. I was there for every single game for years. I picked up the trash and cleaned the stadium after every game. I ran errands for tons of boosters that I was told to. I was there on move in day and helped til it was done. Not once was I ever offered even a hotdog from a single person. Thank goodness the concession stands gave us leftovers at the end of the night because there were days I was there for 15-20hrs straight. We were so cheap Duncan and LT limited us to 1 drink from the concession stand from our whole work shift.
I left MS 13 yrs ago. Since then I have been a good booster. I give and am invited back multiple times a year by athletics and a couple VPs and the Provost. I feel pretty connected at the university overall. I have been back for many games. I know plenty of people in the outfield. To this day I have witnessed our own be turned away in the LFL more than accepted. The environment is great on TV but if you ain’t in the club or an opposing team or fan then it’s gtfo! It’s def a country club. I’m a nobody and that’s Just my experience.
I worked for the game ops crew as well. Feel the same way as far as support goes while working there. Those regional and super regional weekend games were awful to clean up after. Those 15-20hr days were no joke.
I don’t go up as often as I would like but know a few folks when I get up that way. I don’t give and am not a good booster. My time and money goes to my daughter with special needs. Not near as inviting as it looks on TV.

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
As one of the avid clubsport loungers, "we," well me or I will spend my money as I choose and on things I enjoy. Good luck admonishing others to change their behavior and what they do to enjoy life to better reflect your personal preferences.

"Scary part" Not sure why it's scary to you if someone has different priorities and has a better understanding of what they enjoy in life. Another year of watching an average Lemonis-coached team might change my views.
Well I hope you and the other subservient left field grove cucks got the chops and chicken prepared for the eagles as the roll us on this fine Saturday

OAN: I had a buddy in athletics tell me how most baseball season ticket holders BDC donations are the worse amongst all sports they have been grandfathered in for so long and administrators have done nothing the right it...so I'd shut the 17 up about what spot you got out there

Reactions: Bulldawg77

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I'm changing my name to Partoftheproblemclublounger
As you and all them loungers should!

hope that country pleasin was good and then natty lights were cold. Did the center fielder re tweet you??

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Cuck.
Well I hope you and the other subservient left field grove cucks got the chops and chicken prepared for the eagles as the roll us on this fine Saturday

OAN: I had a buddy in athletics tell me how most baseball season ticket holders BDC donations are the worse amongst all sports they have been grandfathered in for so long and administrators have done nothing the right it...so I'd shut the 17 up about what spot you got out there
Wow. The brain trust has arrived. Y'all must be awesome at making friends and impressing others.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Cuck.

Wow. The brain trust has arrived. Y'all must be awesome at making friends and impressing others.
Score board from all over the conference should tell you and other loungers. No one gives a f@ck about baseball!!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Score board from all over the conference should tell you and other loungers. No one gives a f@ck about baseball!!
You are perceptive and someone whose opinions are to be trusted. No one does. No one at all. Not at State, not at Arky or LSU. No one cares, sorry, no one gives a f@ck.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Baseball is done and my feelings are hurt. You are incredibly perceptive. Don't ever think you aren't. I suspect every thought and opinion you have is true. You are a gift.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Well I guess it’s time for another rant from Robbie and others about how the good atmosphere at baseball games is the problem with this team

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Glad our peppers and sausage from the loungers were well received from the ga southern team. Did ya tell them how you loved Luke Bryan

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I worked for the game ops crew as well. Feel the same way as far as support goes while working there. Those regional and super regional weekend games were awful to clean up after. Those 15-20hr days were no joke.
I don’t go up as often as I would like but know a few folks when I get up that way. I don’t give and am not a good booster. My time and money goes to my daughter with special needs. Not near as inviting as it looks on TV.
Family comes before sports

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Awesome. All the truly intelligent people post memes that are 5 years out of date. Triggered? Really? Do y'all have one of those talking fish on the wall and laugh at 40 minutes of fart jokes? The things that get dullards all aroused on social media.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Baseball is done and my feelings are hurt. You are incredibly perceptive. Don't ever think you aren't. I suspect every thought and opinion you have is true. You are a gift.
Your rebuttal is proof you are part of the problem. College baseball is a dying sport more money is going to be put into football and basketball's yet you and the loungers of the club sport can’t see this. For sure y’all will be the first ones to b!tch and moan about NIl in football and basketball and saying we are po ole state. Then meanwhile y’all are spending thousands of dollars on meat to grill and hand it out to some directional state school left fielder whose team is whipping our a$$ just so you can be sure you get your gut in the pic and tweet it out in hopes you go viral for the 10s of fan who you think give a ****.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Your rebuttal is proof you are part of the problem. College baseball is a dying sport more money is going to be put into football and basketball's yet you and the loungers of the club sport can’t see this. For sure y’all will be the first ones to b!tch and moan about NIl in football and basketball and saying we are po ole state. Then meanwhile y’all are spending thousands of dollars on meat to grill and hand it out to some directional state school left fielder whose team is whipping our a$$ just so you can be sure you get your gut in the pic and tweet it out in hopes you go viral for the 10s of fan who you think give a ****.
Not jumping into any argument. But college baseball isn’t a dying sport. It may not ever be on the level of basketball and football. But it’s getting more exposure than ever. just added another coach. And nil is getting the good talent to come to college to Develop instead of the low minors.

combined with the fact the draft is shorter and the mlb teams have drastically cut their minor league teams. College baseball is very much here to stay.

Reactions: bolddogge

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Not jumping into any argument. But college baseball isn’t a dying sport. It may not ever be on the level of basketball and football. But it’s getting more exposure than ever. just added another coach. And nil is getting the good talent to come to college to Develop instead of the low minors.

combined with the fact the draft is shorter and the mlb teams have drastically cut their minor league teams. College baseball is very much here to stay.
You do know that the SEC network deal doesn’t include baseball right? Add to that ESPN carried the CWS on the duece and not on the main network. Why you might ask. Cause no one watches it. It’s a non revenue sport. Sorry to disappoint you

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You do know that the SEC network deal doesn’t include baseball right? Add to that ESPN carried the CWS on the duece and not on the main network. Why you might ask. Cause no one watches it. It’s a non revenue sport. Sorry to disappoint you
most sports aren’t revenue sports anymore. most baseball schools never were. Doesn’t mean it’s dying. Women’s basketball is as popular as ever and it’s non revenue, and it’s certainly not dying off anytime soon

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
This is so odd. People mad that other people like baseball. So mad, in fact, they are trying to convince everyone else it sucks.

Sorry you don’t enjoy hanging out with friends on an awesome spring day, grilling and sipping suds.

I don’t have a rig either but I certainly don’t get mad because other people do and enjoy going to them. So freaking weird.

Aug 22, 2012

It's not dying because it was never born to begin with. College Hockey is 2x more popular than college baseball. Can you tell me who won the Frozen Four last year? Probably not because no one really cares outside a few schools. We act like baseball put the university on the sports world map. It didn't.

Reactions: Crossroaddawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It's not dying because it was never born to begin with. College Hockey is 2x more popular than college baseball. Can you tell me who won the Frozen Four last year? Probably not because no one really cares outside a few schools. We act like baseball put the university on the sports world map. It didn't.
Not sure I agree with any of that. But even if you want to say baseball was never born that’s fine, I understand the Premise. That said, it’s still more popular today and stronger today than ever before.. and is no way in danger of dying out.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
College baseball is a regional southern sport just like college hockey is a regional northern sport and college lacrosse is a regional east coast/Atlantic seaboard sport. It’s nice to be good at it, but we shouldn’t put all our eggs in its basket. We get no national notoriety from being really good at baseball, and we’re not even good at it anymore.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
College baseball is a regional southern sport just like college hockey is a regional northern sport and college lacrosse is a regional east coast/Atlantic seaboard sport. It’s nice to be good at it, but we shouldn’t put all our eggs in its basket. We get no national notoriety from being really good at baseball, and we’re not even good at it anymore.
This times a 1000. It’s also why we shouldn’t spend nil money on baseball or invest in it the way we have in the past. You can love it all you want but baseball does nothing for us other than a way to get through May.
Football and basketball should get the majority of resources.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
This times a 1000. It’s also why we shouldn’t spend nil money on baseball or invest in it the way we have in the past. You can love it all you want but baseball does nothing for us other than a way to get through May.
Football and basketball should get the majority of resources.
So is it dying or is it a regional sport that's doing fine in a region with tens of millions of people? You might want to notice how inconsistent and silly your views are? When has college baseball, this totally absolutely completely on its deathbed sport that's gonna die any day now cause it's days are numbered (fyi, that's sarcasm) been more popular?

"It’s nice to be good at it, but we shouldn’t put all our eggs in its basket." We're not putting all of our eggs in it. We're not spending more on baseball than on basketball and football and we never will (check coaching salaries for instance). Is it possible for people who don't agree with someone to actually just make a more nuanced argument instead of this all or nothing nonsense that doesn't actually reflect reality?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"It’s also why we shouldn’t spend nil money on baseball or invest in it the way we have in the past."

So we shouldn't spend any NIL money? Who are we and do you get to decide? Do you really know what's best for MSU athletics?

Also, can you provide some specific figures for how much we invested in baseball in the past in comparison to football and basketball or did you just pull this opinion our of your a$$ cause you think it sounds good? How far back in the past are you referring to? Which decade? I'm not expecting a specific answer, btw.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
All I know is if the blue bloods break away from the conferences to form a super league, no one is going to care about how nice the atmosphere in Dudy Noble is. Vandy and State and a couple others will be left in the same boat as WSU and OSU. That’s when the SEC welfare checks stop coming and ALL sports are 17ed.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
"It’s also why we shouldn’t spend nil money on baseball or invest in it the way we have in the past."

So we shouldn't spend any NIL money? Who are we and do you get to decide? Do you really know what's best for MSU athletics?

Also, can you provide some specific figures for how much we invested in baseball in the past in comparison to football and basketball or did you just pull this opinion our of your a$$ cause you think it sounds good? How far back in the past are you referring to? Which decade? I'm not expecting a specific answer, btw.
Expenditure in the 22/23 year of baseball was 5MM income from that year was 3MM. We lost 2MM. And yes I do know **** and college baseball is dying with the landscape of college athletics changing. From now on football and basketball are what’s going to carry MSU into the new world. Not baseball! I am sure this hurts your feelings and all cause im talking about the beloved LFL and your DNF. Facts hurt your argument.
By the way this reporting was in the FOIA filed by the clarion ledger if you want to use google.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I have some terrible news. Horrible news. College baseball's hospice nurse just called. Doctors and club sport loungers did everything they could. I rushed over to give college baseball his last grilled food and said my goodbyes before he expired. It's all over. You can express your condolences here

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Awesome. All the truly intelligent people post memes that are 5 years out of date. Triggered? Really? Do y'all have one of those talking fish on the wall and laugh at 40 minutes of fart jokes? The things that get dullards all aroused on social media.
Has yet to provide anything insightful and just attacks people...sounds like a bootlicking cuck for some left field Grover that lets you hang around on Tuesday night games and toss you a hot dog after the JSU bull pen has had their fill

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Expenditure in the 22/23 year of baseball was 5MM income from that year was 3MM. We lost 2MM. And yes I do know **** and college baseball is dying with the landscape of college athletics changing. From now on football and basketball are what’s going to carry MSU into the new world. Not baseball! I am sure this hurts your feelings and all cause im talking about the beloved LFL and your DNF. Facts hurt your argument.
By the way this reporting was in the FOIA filed by the clarion ledger if you want to use google.
You spend a lot of time talking about a sport that meaningless to you. People in MS and generally the southeast enjoy watching and talking about baseball, and that is their prerogative. We get it, you think it’s dumb and a waste of money. So why spend so much time discussing it?

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Does it make it ok to feed them if we kick their ***? I didn’t listen to this rant and won’t… but seems like some misguided anger here. The fan base has a long tradition of being hospitable to opposing fans and it’s part of the charm of DNF. Are the fans supposed to turn into ******** because the baseball team sucks? Maybe he should be directing his rant at our players for not taking offense to chirping and stomping on the plate.
Getting beat is one thing. Stomping home, telling the world your mom's birth canal tolerances are loose, and pis sing on your grandaddys grave should not earn you any goodwill from the home fans

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login