Robbie with the heat

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
So now we're complaining about one of the few things that MSU actually gets positive national attention from? I bet some of you probably ***** about your wife's tits being too big too.

We don’t get “national” attention for baseball. Nobody nationally cares about college baseball. Our national championship win got fewer eyeballs on it than our bowl game against Tulsa.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Getting beat is one thing. Stomping home, telling the world your mom's birth canal tolerances are loose, and pis sing on your grandaddys grave should not earn you any goodwill from the home fans
I agree… if we fed any opposing player that pissed on one of our players granddaddy’s grave, then that was certainly a mistake.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
That was just a small portion of it. His point was you’ve got a fanbase of baseball fans who are just there to be there and don’t seem to give a shít that the product is a clown show.

And right next door you’ve got a basketball team trying to make the tournament doing all they can to get a good crowd to show up.
And all the tickets are sold and the ones that fans want to buy are ****. What’s your point?

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
He was 100% correct. We treat it like a country club now. Put a pool in the outfield and call it good. Best rant I have heard Robbie make. I don’t know Robbie personally, even though I was very good friends with one of his sisters in college and know his wife’s family. However, I generally agree with most of his takes and love him and Hadad going back and forth. Keep it up guys.
As a fan that doesn’t have left field lounge spot to park, the left field lounge is pretty much full of a bunch of entitled dicks to be honest. They treat opposing fans well and our own students and fans like **** generally. The attitude is what you get when you have assigned spots and charge money for it.

basketball is a totally different thing. People just couldn’t give two ***** to get to the game. They horde all the tickets, then don’t use them. I still think all seating should be open after 10 minutes in the first half. You either get there in time or you sit somewhere else. Also, I called and asked the ticket office what would it take for me to have seats with my feet on the hardwood, it isn’t an option and they are empty 90% of the games.

i have the bank roll to have a skybox, courtside seats, chair backs, and a left field lounge spot, but they are all locked up by people that don’t show up.
Here's some other valid points, teams that are getting their azzes beaten don't chirp from the dugout or stomp home plate. Teams that are spotted 18 free passes to 1st base don't lose. Getting outhit 16-6 by some mid week relievers from the Atlantic Sun Conference or whatever they are in now brings on chirping and stomping. It's not AP's responsibility to lay down and play nice, it's our teams responsibility to nut up and kick azz and they haven't done that for 3 seasons.
As for the LFL dwellers, where does that hate come from, been hearing a lot of that lately? So do you hate on Endzone Club, Wade Club Level, and Scoreboard Club Level seat holders at DWS? How about the new Club seats in The Hump, y'all hating on them? Do any of them open the doors and let students walk in and sit down? I don't have a box or seat in any premium areas, I know a few that do and are happy to have me stop by occasionally. But I'm not blaming fans for Lemonis problems. Sounds like a lot of misdirected whining being directed at the wrong folks when it should be at the players and coaches, they have a job to do and are the ones failing miserably.
Difference is the entire premise of those seating areas is that they are premium. The entire premise of the left field lounge is different. It is meant to be a party of sorts, now it’s country club. Seems a bit off base.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
To me There is a difference. LFL is promoted as “come one, come all! We take care of everyone”. They talk about it on all the national broadcasts. They air in people’s rigs and talk about all the hospitality. Not once are any of the other things you mentioned advertised as that. They are all inclusive and treated as such.
i have premium seats and I give my tickets away free almost every week because I live so far away. I would gladly give my tickets to any state fan, known or unknown, before I put them on the market for another fanbase. I even give the proceeds to charity or back to the university if someone makes me take payment for them. I realize I view things differently than other people. It’s just how I was raised. I just have a hard time watching our own people be treated like they aren’t good enough to be around because I have been that person and watched State fans snub their nose at me when I had nothing but will roll out the red carpet for another teams players and fans.
Yep. This is 100% cool, accurate, and well stated. I am exactly the same way. When I throw a tailgate, it is open to all as I always have too much food, too many fine *** ladies, and the bourbon pours freely.
Go out to the LFL, and those people are just dicks.

Reactions: Son_of_34

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Expenditure in the 22/23 year of baseball was 5MM income from that year was 3MM. We lost 2MM. And yes I do know **** and college baseball is dying with the landscape of college athletics changing. From now on football and basketball are what’s going to carry MSU into the new world. Not baseball! I am sure this hurts your feelings and all cause im talking about the beloved LFL and your DNF. Facts hurt your argument.
By the way this reporting was in the FOIA filed by the clarion ledger if you want to use google.
Wow. Impressive. You brought up one year and an article that was posted on this site not long ago. So when you wrote this: "It’s also why we shouldn’t spend nil money on baseball or invest in it the way we have in the past" you meant like only last year. Did football and basketball suffer in the past because of baseball spending? I doubt you can prove that.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Has yet to provide anything insightful and just attacks people...sounds like a bootlicking cuck for some left field Grover that lets you hang around on Tuesday night games and toss you a hot dog after the JSU bull pen has had their fill
"just attacks people...sounds like a bootlicking cuck" Oh noes, I've been called a cuck by someone whose opinion likely doesn't matter to anyone. BTW, college grads and non-teenagers really still say cuck?

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
I worked for the game ops crew as well. Feel the same way as far as support goes while working there. Those regional and super regional weekend games were awful to clean up after. Those 15-20hr days were no joke.
I don’t go up as often as I would like but know a few folks when I get up that way. I don’t give and am not a good booster. My time and money goes to my daughter with special needs. Not near as inviting as it looks on TV.
Another fellow game day ops guy!! You have my respect. You are correct, those weekends sucked. You always knew when you were making $5.15 and you had a comma in your paycheck at the end of the 2 week pay period you put in the damn work, never went home, and smelled like gas and engine oil from blowing out all the peanut hulls in the Dude at 2am !! Only folks that were there just as much was the turf crew which my brother worked for.
Extra: my saving grace for smelling like those blowers was when the turf crew was cleaning LFL every now and then a large trash bag of crawfish hulls and tobacco juice, that had baked all day in the sun, would break when they were throwing them in the dumpster and my brother and his buddies would get covered in TJ (trash juice). That always made my night so much better. Prather finally told Bobby T and Brent no more LFL cleanup for the turf crew. I was so glad I had quit the month before.

Last edited:

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
"just attacks people...sounds like a bootlicking cuck" Oh noes, I've been called a cuck by someone whose opinion likely doesn't matter to anyone. BTW, college grads and non-teenagers really still say cuck?
Hit dog always hollers and my opinion matters to a lot of of people...I hope going back and forth with everyone who finally called out how actually ****** the Left Field Grove really is helps you get what you need to give your wife, or husband, the ole in and out

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
"Never lost a stadium battle" sound familiar? "Never lost a party" best stadium in country! Who the 17 cares when you getting clowned by Austin Peay two games in a row. Tear the mother17er down and play in a cow pasture until we are a decent program again. Need a coach Taylor to take them to the farm. Get back to the roots of the sport. All of this really goes back to travel ball. Baseball ain't what is used to be. Get it back to America's past time. The sandlot. Playing in a crappy field just to hit the ball and hear the snap of leather on a glove passed down from your dad. Baseball has become to much of a spend money ball.
It’s basically golf nowadays.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Hit dog always hollers and my opinion matters to a lot of of people...I hope going back and forth with everyone who finally called out how actually ****** the Left Field Grove really is helps you get what you need to give your wife, or husband, the ole in and out
Hit dog always hollers in his fancy britches straight as the crow flies.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Not jumping into any argument. But college baseball isn’t a dying sport. It may not ever be on the level of basketball and football. But it’s getting more exposure than ever. just added another coach. And nil is getting the good talent to come to college to Develop instead of the low minors.

combined with the fact the draft is shorter and the mlb teams have drastically cut their minor league teams. College baseball is very much here to stay.
It’s literally the definition of a shrinking sport. MLB is losing popularity rapidly. College game (wasn’t popular anyway) is following.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
So is it dying or just shrinking? Maybe it's declining. Perhaps it's contracting. It could be dwindling. Or, hear me out, it might be tapering off. How long before it's on its death bed through this waning support that's reduced it to a marginal, regional sport that even cucked, pretentious lounge grovers will give up on? Let's go for 5 pages.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login