SEC Hierarchy

james_govols

Aug 14, 2022
Hard to determine what the hierarchy is this year. Lots of teams that are playing like Jekyl and Hyde.

My guest guess.

Tier 1-
Texas
Tennessee
Georgia
LSU
Texas A&M

Tier 2-
Vanderbilt
Alabama
Mizzou
South Carolina

Tier 3 -
Everyone else

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck Nasty

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Saban’s gone son, the quicker you realize that the better off you’ll be. The glory days are over William, sorry bro
Could be…..season isn’t over though. I don’t bail on my team after bad performances. That is what you do, son. Oh, and Alabama still owns UGA.

Reactions: MattUGA1

VOLatile85

Aug 25, 2022
Why isn’t Georgia at the top of the tier 1 list?
Texas hasn't caught an azz beating like that since the Alamo
That was mostly Tennesseans there in the Alamo and while we haven’t had a proper one in a while we got them frequently enough that we will be happy to pass. We having been trying to get in contact with TN’s offense in the hopes we can hand out whooping of our own. It looked fun giving one out and really want to try it. Were TN offense on a milk carton as missing person as it’s somewhat serious.

VOLatile85

Aug 25, 2022
Saban’s gone son, the quicker you realize that the better off you’ll be. The glory days are over William, sorry bro
I will admit it didn’t feel like Bama this past Saturday. I kept expecting Bama to break it open put he away as we made mistake after mistake and gave Bama every chance to kill us. Once it got to halftime and it was only 7-0 I knew Bama was different because Saban would’ve never let a team get away with what we got away with. I felt confident we would win because we could’nt have played worse if we tried on offense and still only down 7. I think our defense is good but Bama made them look even better. It was a weird game as Bama abandoned the run or rather just chose to have Milroe throw instead which made sense seeing as how he was on and couldn’t miss. I want be excited about that win but I really don’t know if I should.

I know TN’s problem and that is TN. Turnovers, penalties, drops and missed throws were all on TN. Bama’s problem however is a mystery just like their offensive game plan (assuming they had but maybe not as it would explain a lot). Have to admit though they were determined as when it didn’t they panic and stayed the course doing nothing different except added in some penalties and drops to add to the degree of difficulty maybe? That takes some fortitude knowing the media, fans and anyone interested will all be all over it and asking what is going on. Maybe it’s a new coach thing and a battle of wills. He’s teaching them a tough lesson and while there will be pain early it will lead to success later?

I watched the medias reaction to that game and Bama was able to take away any positive feeling anyone might’ve had about TN winning because all anyone talked about is how bad Bama was. Thank God we did win as a loss would’ve been embarrassing moreso. Somebody had to win and not sure either really deserved to. Still I don’t care as I’ve endured losses where I felt cheated and robbed, I’ve endured Dooley, Butch and Pruitt and wins were scarce back then. I’ll take them however they come.

Reactions: KoreyDawg

P3sty Pupil

Oct 21, 2021
I will admit it didn’t feel like Bama this past Saturday. I kept expecting Bama to break it open put he away as we made mistake after mistake and gave Bama every chance to kill us. Once it got to halftime and it was only 7-0 I knew Bama was different because Saban would’ve never let a team get away with what we got away with. I felt confident we would win because we could’nt have played worse if we tried on offense and still only down 7. I think our defense is good but Bama made them look even better. It was a weird game as Bama abandoned the run or rather just chose to have Milroe throw instead which made sense seeing as how he was on and couldn’t miss. I want be excited about that win but I really don’t know if I should.

I know TN’s problem and that is TN. Turnovers, penalties, drops and missed throws were all on TN. Bama’s problem however is a mystery just like their offensive game plan (assuming they had but maybe not as it would explain a lot). Have to admit though they were determined as when it didn’t they panic and stayed the course doing nothing different except added in some penalties and drops to add to the degree of difficulty maybe? That takes some fortitude knowing the media, fans and anyone interested will all be all over it and asking what is going on. Maybe it’s a new coach thing and a battle of wills. He’s teaching them a tough lesson and while there will be pain early it will lead to success later?

I watched the medias reaction to that game and Bama was able to take away any positive feeling anyone might’ve had about TN winning because all anyone talked about is how bad Bama was. Thank God we did win as a loss would’ve been embarrassing moreso. Somebody had to win and not sure either really deserved to. Still I don’t care as I’ve endured losses where I felt cheated and robbed, I’ve endured Dooley, Butch and Pruitt and wins were scarce back then. I’ll take them however they come.
Nick Sheridan is so bad that Indiana thought he wasn't good enough for them

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

This revisionist history relative to the GOAT is entertaining. Saban almost blew several UT games. Me and @DrStache77 had the pleasure of being at the 2009 game….and that was in Tuscaloosa.

KoreyDawg

Jan 31, 2022
You aren’t a Vandy fan, fvckboiiiiii. You are a UGA fan. And Alabama owns your a$$.
Heupel went balls deep in your boy lol, now tell everyone how he’s the next Saban again, I can use the laugh
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
Kirby also lost to Vandy in year 1...
Did you just start following Georgia?
This has been discussed and everyone agrees it isn't a good look. Kirby just took over a team that had to fire their head coach, not because someone retired. According to ON3, Bama has the most talented in the country. Can't say UGA was near that. Kirby was also a 1st year HC.

P3sty Pupil

Oct 21, 2021
This has been discussed and everyone agrees it isn't a good look. Kirby just took over a team that had to fire their head coach, not because someone retired. According to ON3, Bama has the most talented in the country. Can't say UGA was near that. Kirby was also a 1st year HC.
I think you can absolutely argue UGA was one of the most talented teams in the country. Just had to weed out Richt's culture.

• Haha
Reactions: UGA03MAIN

VOLatile85

Aug 25, 2022
This revisionist history relative to the GOAT is entertaining. Saban almost blew several UT games. Me and @DrStache77 had the pleasure of being at the 2009 game….and that was in Tuscaloosa.
Almost blew them but didn’t. I do remember some close calls where we had a great chance but couldn’t finish. Most coaches make significant improvement between year 1 and year 2. I think Debore will be no different. In the 2nd it just has to operate so much more smoothly as many did the year before. I am shocked Bama allowed us get to halftime only down 7. I’m sure it shocked others as well. It was a different kind of game. Maybe I was a little harsh on Debore but for so long I’ve maintained the belief for TN to beat Bama we had to play a good game. I don’t think TN is quite on the same level as Bama talent wise but we’re close and may even have an advantage in some areas.

Reactions: Bigwilly64

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023

Yeah watching the game in the 1st half I could tell TN was more than likely going to win even down 7-0.

It just seemed like it was a matter of time before they captured the momentum…

james_govols

Aug 14, 2022
Yeah watching the game in the 1st half I could tell TN was more than likely going to win even down 7-0.

It just seemed like it was a matter of time before they captured the momentum…
True. It was more the fact that Tennessee was letting Alabama stay in the game.

South of 40

Oct 15, 2023
I think you can absolutely argue UGA was one of the most talented teams in the country. Just had to weed out Richt's culture.
First I have to pick between Kuntmala and Trump. Now I have ugay and gumps claiming the other team has more talent. What TF has happened to my world?

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
This is what fans of other teams believe. They had really talented players but absolutely zero depth. The roster was a mess.

Three years before Kirby took over, we played Bama in the SECCG with 68 players on scholarship. It was MUCH worse than people outside of UGA realize.

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
This is what fans of other teams believe. They had really talented players but absolutely zero depth. The roster was a mess.

Three years before Kirby took over, we played Bama in the SECCG with 68 players on scholarship. It was MUCH worse than people outside of UGA realize.
Yeah it’s really easy to look at recruiting rankings and think a roster is stacked. But we had so many get kicked off or transferred

P3sty Pupil

Oct 21, 2021

So kinda like losing 39 kids in the portal?

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Everyone doesn’t agree that it “isn’t a good look”. UGA and Kirby had far more talent than Vandy. Bama’s current “talent” that is used in that ranking is compromised of a lot of freshmen. Weren’t you making thread after thread about all that Alabama lost to the Portal? Can’t have it both ways, simpleton.

• Haha
Reactions: UGA03MAIN

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Yeah it’s really easy to look at recruiting rankings and think a roster is stacked. But we had so many get kicked off or transferred
Now, apply that same logic to Alabama’s roster except via the transfer portal.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login