Sellers has more turnovers than TDs.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Maybe he could hear the game. Maybe he watched a replay. Or maybe a combination . Having watched the previous games may have clued him in.

Or he could have seen it on the internet. Where they compile stats about games that you can look up.

This internet also has message boards where people can then discuss said games.

Reactions: Johnny She Said

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I'm sorry, so fans are only allowed to say nice things about players?

And, yes, to @Evilchicken post above. These are no longer kids playing for free. They are semi-professional players who we PAY to watch.

Do we even call Sellers semi-pro anymore? He is probably making more this year than just about everyone posting in this board.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Coaching is definitely lacking. He's not in HS any longer where you can get away with such foolishness.
Holding the football with one hand in traffic is asking for trouble.
Should be easy to correct with proper attention to detail.

Reactions: moouclem

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Coaching is definitely lacking. He's not in HS any longer where you can get away with such foolishness.
Holding the football with one hand in traffic is asking for trouble.
Should be easy to correct with proper attention to detail.

Question is, how are we 6 games into the season and that was still a problem. Seems like a practice #1 discussion. "Sellers, quit carrying the ball with one hand in traffic."

As much good as he did, his fumble changed the trajectory of the game. As pessimistic as I am, after the Fortune pick, even I started thinking "this might just be happening." The crowd was deflated. The Bama sideline was deflated. All the momentum was on our side. Then we just literally gifted the ball, and the game, back to them.

Such is the life of a Gamecock football fan.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Question is, how are we 6 games into the season and that was still a problem. Seems like a practice #1 discussion. "Sellers, quit carrying the ball with one hand in traffic."

As much good as he did, his fumble changed the trajectory of the game. As pessimistic as I am, after the Fortune pick, even I started thinking "this might just be happening." The crowd was deflated. The Bama sideline was deflated. All the momentum was on our side. Then we just literally gifted the ball, and the game, back to them.

Such is the life of a Gamecock football fan.
I agree totally and do not understand why a correction has not been made unless he's been coached up and it's a habit he just can't break.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

This is the 6th game, but it's also the second year he's been in the program.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Easy for 40 year olds to blast 20 year olds. Some things never change.
These delicate 20 yr olds are making huge money playing a game. They are subject to criticism, booing and being blasted on any and all types of media now if they don't perform up to the expectations of the people who are creating their income. These aren't kids playing for "good old State U" for the love of the school and the game.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Sellers is a freak athlete but we knew he wasn’t coming in here and dropping dimes in the passing game. If you thought that, I don’t know what recruiting reports you read. Fact is , to me, is he has played better than I expected. His accuracy needs to improve but that will only happen with experience and reps. More importantly, we need to surround him with some better WR’s. His progression has gone about as you would expect, better I’d say. I didn’t expect us to be in these games as well as we have.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Sellers has missed 6 quarters of football this season but has the most fumbles of any player in the country. It's definitely a problem. Hopefully fixable.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I wonder how many he had in high school
Good question. No idea. However, I would venture a fairly safe guess that the turnovers are probably a product of him adapting to the speed of the college game. He was probably the most athletic guy on the field. Every time he played in high school so he could hot dog it and carry the ball however he wants.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Do we even call Sellers semi-pro anymore? He is probably making more this year than just about everyone posting in this board.

Great point. We can longer think of college players as student athletes who are out there playing for free, playing for their school, playing for their state, playing just because they love football and so we can't criticize them.

Many college players would now rank in the top 10% of earners in America. Some would even be in the top 1-5%.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login