Sellers in a cast?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Seems like this would be huge news. None of the usual suspects are reporting it on Twitter.

Benjdan

Joined Mar 4, 2007
Feb 19, 2022
Cast or boot? I’d expect him to have a boot or be on crutches for a at least a few days.

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
I’ve had several ankle sprains and a broken ankle, and nothings more tender or painful than trying to be mobile in a few weeks afterwards. I don’t think he’ll be ready for Ole Miss.

Reactions: Thunderstick

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I’ve had several ankle sprains and a broken ankle, and nothings more tender or painful than trying to be mobile in a few weeks afterwards. I don’t think he’ll be ready for Ole Miss.
Beamer said nah it'll be fine... "LaNorris assures me he’s good and will be ready to roll (for Akron)."

• Haha
Reactions: Evilchicken

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
Beamer said nah it'll be fine... "LaNorris assures me he’s good and will be ready to roll (for Akron)."
“Sellers gives us the best chance to win against Akron, so we expect he’ll step up to the challenge.”—Beaner and Tanner joint statement

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Boot shouldn't even be an option... even if it's just for a week. What we trying to save money by not getting a cast?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Reality is, this may just not have been that bad of an injury. I've sprained my ankle before and had trouble putting weight on it for a day or so, but once the inflammation and swelling subsided, there were no issues.

Some seem flummoxed that Sellers wasn't able to immediately to go back in the game on Saturday but could be fully healthy for this week's game. You don't understand sprains.

Yes, if he's not fully healthy, he should sit, but it's not terribly perplexing to understand that in the immediate aftermath of the injury there was swelling and inflammation that greatly limited his mobility but that can be resolved relative quickly.

I don't get the connection between "he could not go back immediately into the LSU game" so "he should have to sit against Akron".

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Reality is, this may just not have been that bad of an injury. I've sprained my ankle before and had trouble putting weight on it for a day or so, but once the inflammation and swelling subsided, there were no issues.

Some seem flummoxed that Sellers wasn't able to immediately to go back in the game on Saturday but could be fully healthy for this week's game. You don't understand sprains.

Yes, if he's not fully healthy, he should sit, but it's not terribly perplexing to understand that in the immediate aftermath of the injury there was swelling and inflammation that greatly limited his mobility but that can be resolved relative quickly.

I don't get the connection between "he could not go back immediately into the LSU game" so "he should have to sit against Akron".

You're right that it's not a direct correlation, but one could also list the sprains where a guy couldn't play immediately and it WAS a longer term injury.

Sprains are funny, imo. You can feel better, and reinjure it easily.

We don't need him for Akron, and based on him being injured in 2 games out of 3, I'd say it's good to get the backup some work in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18IsTheMan

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You're right that it's not a direct correlation, but one could also list the sprains where a guy couldn't play immediately and it WAS a longer term injury.

Sprains are funny, imo. You can feel better, and ceinture it easily.

We don't need him for Akron, and based on him being injured in 2 games out of 3, I'd say it's good to get the backup some work in.

In an ideal world, Sellers will be ready to play. If he's 100% and not limited in any way, let him go the first quarter, then get Ashford in. I still think Sellers very obviously needs reps and game experience, but pull him early to keep him healthy.

All that said, we were favored by 21 over ODU and we know how that went. Given our history, I will be absolutely surprised if this is not still a game at halftime.

To the "Akron is a horrible team" crowd, ODU is now 0-3, so it's not like a decent team gave us a fight at home. ODU is bad as well.

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024

His sprain must've been rather mild. I had lots of sprained ankles growing up. Always the left. Multiple times from landing on someone's foot while playing basketball. All of mine were severe and I was on crutches for a week or two. Of course he has full access to trainers, PT, and techniques to help him recover faster.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
I’ve never heard of a cast being put on a sprained ankle but I’m no doctor
Me either but I can tell you this, my wife has been in a boot for the last three weeks on her right foot. The doctor told her she didnt have to sleep or drive with it on. What I have seen is on occasion either getting in and out of bed or getting in a vehicle, it has caused her to tweak it several times. No doubt this has caused her to take a step backward in her recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goooot

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
His sprain must've been rather mild. I had lots of sprained ankles growing up. Always the left. Multiple times from landing on someone's foot while playing basketball. All of mine were severe and I was on crutches for a week or two. Of course he has full access to trainers, PT, and techniques to help him recover faster.

Yeah, really hard to say. I had a sprain this summer at the beach. Fell into a 3 ft hole someone had dug while playing with my kids. Could hardly put any weight on it that day and couldn't bend the ankle when I walked. Took some ibuprofen and could barely feel it the next day.

Benjdan

Joined Mar 4, 2007
Feb 19, 2022
Sprains are a tricky animal. I’ve had some where I tried to play same day (never worked out well) and others that required a boot with crutches and being out for over a month.

Cockypantherfan

Joined Nov 15, 2020 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
I’ve never heard of a cast being put on a sprained ankle but I’m no doctor
You're correct... some people just aren't educated on the subject.

Casts are for broken bones to heal... you don't want movement of that body part so the bones can reset. A boot is a pretty common thing for a sprained ankle and the reason you don't want a cast is because there is PT to be done to help recover from the sprain.

Reactions: Goooot

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
He was practicing to some degree, at least by Wednesday, so it'd be odd to have a cast on for 2 days.

Latest posts