Severe weather tomorrow

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I know. Not supposed to be seeing this in June but here we are. Main threat looks to be strong straight line winds to 70mph. Can't rule out some quarter size hail and maybe an isolated brief tornado. An MCS (mesoscale convective system) looks to move out of Oklahoma and Arkansas into the state during the day and it will bring with it the aforementioned threats. Models are in disagreement in the exact track so areas just outside of the main threat area need to keep alert, too. Especially in the southern and western side.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Definitely paying attention here. I'd been halfway thinking of going to the Lauren Rogers Museum's Blues Bash tomorrow evening.

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Roundup is rain fast in 30 minutes... I've had it downpour about 40 minutes after application and had pretty good results. I always prefer to have at least 2 hours of "drying" time before spraying though

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
District tournament in Long Beach was suppose to start today. Games got cancelled. Not looking good for the weekend after seeing this.

Great info though, thanks!

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I know. Not supposed to be seeing this in June but here we are. Main threat looks to be strong straight line winds to 70mph. Can't rule out some quarter size hail and maybe an isolated brief tornado. An MCS (mesoscale convective system) looks to move out of Oklahoma and Arkansas into the state during the day and it will bring with it the aforementioned threats. Models are in disagreement in the exact track so areas just outside of the main threat area need to keep alert, too. Especially in the southern and western side.

We have a large youth group heading home to NW Mississippi from Oklahoma City tomorrow morning. Are you thinking they will behind this front?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We have a large youth group heading home to NW Mississippi from Oklahoma City tomorrow morning. Are you thinking they will behind this front?

Latest HRRR coming now has it leaving OK and entering AR around 7:00am and crossing the river into MS by 10:00am. Odds are they should be behind it unless they're leaving butt crack of dawn.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Latest HRRR coming now has it leaving OK and entering AR around 7:00am and crossing the river into MS by 10:00am. Odds are they should be behind it unless they're leaving butt crack of dawn.

12 teenagers, half of them female, shan’t be leaving at the buttcrack of anything.

Thanks for the insight, brother.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
@Hughs Burners Phone We are planning on leaving central MS and going to Hot Springs. We were planning on leaving bout 6 am. So, this would be Ill advised at this time.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
@Hughs Burners Phone We are planning on leaving central MS and going to Hot Springs. We were planning on leaving bout 6 am. So, this would be Ill advised at this time.

You'll definitely drive through it. But it should be one of those where if you can push through the first of it then the worst is over. Not sure I'd cancel plans. Maybe when you see you're getting close to the storms pull over and get some gas and a coke while the worst passer over. All comes down to how comfortable you are driving in that type weather.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
We usually go Greenville-Pine Bluff-or Helena-Brinkley. From the Map, it may be better to go through Memphis. Thoughts?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login