Shapen out for the year…

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Because he was far and away the best QB.
That he was. That being said, we only had one more potential win with him playing. That hasn't changed. Most of y'all still haven't come to grips with just how bad this team is. It's even worse than I feared, and I was about as pessimistic as I have ever been going in this year. I was certainly more pessimistic than the vast majority of this board.

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
That he was. That being said, we only had one more potential win with him playing. That hasn't changed. Most of y'all still haven't come to grips with just how bad this team is. It's even worse than I feared, and I was about as pessimistic as I have ever been going in this year. I was certainly more pessimistic than the vast majority of this board.
Fair but realistically we were going to win one more game but (I felt) with Shapen we had a chance to pull one we shouldn’t win which at this point would have made the season worth watching. Now turning the TV on will feel like being water boarded.

Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
same shit GIF

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Why are we down on Van Buren? Isn’t he supposed to be a stud? A bunch of powerhouses went for him as well. Go ahead a get the freshman reps in this waste of a season.
I agree. He led us to a TD today and I thought he looked pretty good for a freshman today. I say we play Parson if it looks like the line can’t protect MVB though. Parson is pretty stout and can run.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

JDawg13

Dec 10, 2018
We have a curse with transfer QBs. Tommy Stevens first game against ULL puts great touch on ball. Gets tackled and lands on shoulder. Costello same thing. Immaculate first game then gets tackled weird then never the same. Hope Van Buren sticks around cause he looked good. Who knows maybe Altmeyer can break the curse

Reactions: Bulldawg56

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Everyone looks like an NFL QB against our secondary, same as last year. Not sure what the hell is going on with our secondary but they just look lost.
I'm talking size. UFs guy is huge. Looks like a stud college player. That can break tackles and extend plays. Our guy looks like..... we better keep a clean pocket and not call too many QB runs.

I thought MVB played decent considering.

Last edited:
Reactions: onewoof

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
He was injury prone before he even came to State. Offering a guy, committing to hitch your entire trailer too, and then giving him that much NIL money, is risky and really dumb. Really dumb.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Honestly, haven’t seen much of the games this year. Blind luck I’ve had funerals and other things more important.

He wasn’t great last year, but I liked his attitude and hoped he’d do well.
Oddly enough, several games have felt like funerals and will this year

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree. He led us to a TD today and I thought he looked pretty good for a freshman today. I say we play Parson if it looks like the line can’t protect MVB though. Parson is pretty stout and can run.
Play whichever gives you the best chance to win. But I think Parson will get his chance either way. I don’t see VB lasting any longer than Shapen did behind this OL.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I say this in the most light hearted way possible, but it’s times like this when I really feel for those of y’all that don’t drink. 🥃

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
They call him "Mr. Glass".

I'm sure the NCAA will give him another year, so we may get to see him play the first few games for us next year, too.