South Endzone Expansion Renderings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This arrived in the sixpack email yesterday afternoon. I'm freaking blown away if this happens.

Last edited:

JoMo MoJo

Dec 24, 2017
The South Endzone Suites need to be called “Nuther Tee Terraces”.

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
It's here.

For what we are right now, it's absolutely perfect. My only concern is boxing ourselves into a corner. It's short sighted. What if JoMo takes off, and ten years from now we're overflowing and need more seats? Kind of takes bowling in the south EZ out of the picture, to add those seats. We needed the North expansion, after a few years of Mullen's success. But for what we are right now today, it's perfect and innovative.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
Love the look from the outside of the stadium. Significantly better than the M-Club

Wish we could add some seating at the bottom of this building instead of the white faced wall.

While it's a beautiful building, I wish it molded more with the stadium & bowled in the stadium. We don't need much more seating, i get that, but this is a great start, but needs a little more on the inside.

Maybe tiered suits that create a bowled in feel to the stadium. This building offers the same feel as the M Club but just nicer

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Looks nice and such, but why can’t they seem to at least connect the building to the rest of the stadium? Seems like a missed opportunity. I’ll assume they’ve spent all the money on the awesome ceiling murals.***

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
Looks nice and such, but why can’t they seem to at least connect the building to the rest of the stadium? Seems like a missed opportunity. I’ll assume they’ve spent all the money on the awesome ceiling murals.***

Agree completely. It's an outstanding building design & concept. It just looks unfinished on the inside. Needs a bit more to connect the inside of the stadium

The building is awesome but it's basically only a hotel in the endzone. We need this building but it also needs to finish the South endzone & this building does not due to not meshing the inside of the stadium

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
So we are taking out the M Club and adding a Comfort Inn & Suites?

JoMo MoJo

Dec 24, 2017

There’s no need to add additional seats at this point. We need to be sure we have a coach capable of sustaining our success before we commit to any more upgrades at DWS. There’s a nation-wise trend going in college football that shows it getting harder for schools to put butts in seats. What’s the point in building something just to cover it with tarps so the empty seats aren’t showing on camera?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Agree completely. It's an outstanding building design & concept. It just looks unfinished on the inside. Needs a bit more to connect the inside of the stadium

The building is awesome but it's basically only a hotel in the endzone. We need this building but it also needs to finish the South endzone & this building does not due to not meshing the inside of the stadium

Agree with you about looking unfinished on the inside. I like the design and think it will look great outside the stadium and be functional. Wish they would figure out some way to connect it to the stands.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I agree. I wish they would have worked in better with the stadium to bowl it in. Get rid of dorman. Extend the junction south. This will give room and not decrease the junction size. Bowl in the stadium with lower seats then put a version of this on top of it.

I looks way better then what we have now, but I think it’s a little shortsighted.

Bowl in the south with a few seats in the south end zone with luxury on top of it. Replace the bleachers in the lower bowl except student section with chair backs so that you aren’t really increasing the overall seating capacity by much.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Are we the test guinea pigs that they want to push out some design concepts too to see how well it goes over?

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Multiple threads about people not renewing season tickets, too much of a PiA to go to games, college football attendance trending downward nationally...etc...

Now, “why ain’t we adding more seats?”

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
Love the building design, but like others I think it should connect with the existing stadium to bowl it in. Could probably do that without adding much if any seating other than premium, which we currently have a good demand for if I'm not mistaken.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
I agree, it's a great idea but could be improved if connected with the stadium

to give it a bowled look.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
I agree. I wish they would have worked in better with the stadium to bowl it in. Get rid of dorman. Extend the junction south. This will give room and not decrease the junction size. Bowl in the stadium with lower seats then put a version of this on top of it.

I looks way better then what we have now, but I think it’s a little shortsighted.

Bowl in the south with a few seats in the south end zone with luxury on top of it. Replace the bleachers in the lower bowl except student section with chair backs so that you aren’t really increasing the overall seating capacity by much.

Agreed on all points. Thing looks like somebody airlifted a Hilton Garden Inn & Suites and dropped it on top of the M-Club.

Aug 20, 2006
I like the look from the outside. But like another poster said, It looks like it needs to "mold" to the shape of the stadium from the inside. I dont know.... I'm just not dazzled by the view from the inside of the stadium. I'm sure it'll grow on me. But that is just my quick reaction.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
There’s no need to add additional seats at this point. We need to be sure we have a coach capable of sustaining our success before we commit to any more upgrades at DWS. There’s a nation-wise trend going in college football that shows it getting harder for schools to put butts in seats. What’s the point in building something just to cover it with tarps so the empty seats aren’t showing on camera?

You could chair back much of DWS & then add seats in that endzone. I like the idea here but it doesn't do much for the atmosphere in the stadium

drummerdawg

Mar 14, 2013
The outside looks great but it needs to connect with the rest of the stadium. The inside looks like something USM would do if they had a lot of money to spend. Just doesn't look very "SEC" to me.

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011

You're thinking in a box here. You are technically correct but there are creative ways to get the best of both worlds. While this is a beautiful building, it's not creative in making DWS a better stadium & atmosphere

MaroonOldCrow

Aug 22, 2012
The back of the video board should be enclosed instead of seeing the support structure from outside the stadium. Then remove the "M-State" logo from the glassed area on the building and put a much larger one (lighted, of course) on the back of the video board.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm a little disappointed that Wier Bonner Allin didn't include at least one blue tent. **

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Underwhelming. Looks like we added an updated Hilbun Hall to the south endzone. That's a lot of money to box ourselves in.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Right. Fans have been asking for this for years. Bowl it in. Add chair backs in the the lower bowl minus student section. You won’t increase seating but maybe a few thousand if that’s. And tiered luxury on top of the south end one. You can still build in the hotel MClub lofts meeting conference rooms etc

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
They may not want to attach it to either side yet because the West side is going to have to be completely redone. Then they could add-on in the corners when they connect it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login