South Endzone Expansion Renderings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It’s almost like some of the dumbasses are architects and their ideas got rejected.

I mean everyone has an opinion. Everyone. And there is no way to incorporate everyone’s crappy opinion.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
decided not to comment on another architect's work.
It reminds me of the movie Home Alone

Buzz's girlfriend......ruff.

Last edited:

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009

If you haven't been around long enough to have thought THIS expansion was the greatest thing ever, your opinion is gibberish to me.

#WhoKnewYouCouldPlayGamesAtTimesOtherThan1pm

I guess I didn't realize the M-Club building was that old. That is the same one correct?

DancingRabbit

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe 2 smaller boards in the corners? Just avoid going the Okie State route.

Agree with this. They can incorporate the screen more into the building. It would look much better than just sitting the big screen on top of the building.

This is nice, but they can do better.

They decide after the fact to slap a huge video board on the side of the arena, covering up most of the 14 end-zone luxury suites.

VolunteerDawg

Aug 18, 2016
Gotta disagree with you here. I remember going to Bama for the "We Believe" game. I was in the band and our seats were down low, in the corner of the stadium. I remember absolutely HATING their four smaller screens in the corners. From our seats, there wasn't a screen we could really see. The one in the opposite corner was too small; the one right behind us was, well, behind us; and the other two were too small and required me to sorta look away from the field. So if they put in two smaller screens in the SE and SW corners, anyone in the North endzone would struggle to see a screen.

Personally, I love the two massive screens at Davis Wade - every seat has a view. I trust that these folks can design something that keeps the screen while also making it look good.

I think two things look off... 1. The screen on top takes away from the nice look of the building and as other said... 2. need to visually connect to current east/west sides.

Take the big screen off the top and place smaller screens on each side to give a visual of filling in the gaps

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
How bout a huge bell tower (with cowbell) being incorporated into the end zone somewhere. If not that, something that sets our stadium apart from all the others. Tampa Bucs have their pirate ship, the UT renderings have the longhorn incorporated within their layout. I think a bell tower would be cool to ring to start the games.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
South Endzone Expansion Renderings

Since this is all just speculation and we’re just discussing here-how feasible would it be to build a “curved” hotel? By doing that you can get the “bowled-in” look that would make it look more like a part of the stadium. That way you wouldn’t have to stick the building out into the field like you just shoved a square building into the existing stadium. I know that the renderings of the UTexas stadium a couple of pages back was built in a curved fashion and it actually looked like it belonged there. I have stayed in curved or rounded hotels before, but I realize that they are in Las Vegas, where they will build anything-nothing is off limits and cost is often a minor consideration. It just seems to me that if you built in a rounded or curved design that you could actually blend into the open ends of the stadium on each side down there. Build a large open air deck on the 3rd or 4th level of the hotel and put tables and chairs out there for hotel guests to use and definitely put balconies opening into the stadium from each room. The only potential problem is that the people staying in the hotel (or a majority of them) aren’t going to be in seats because they will watch from the convenience of their balcony. Would hotel guests have to purchase a ticket to watch the game when they checked in? If they already had tickets would you still require them to pay a fee to watch the game from the hotel? There would be lots of issues that would have to be addressed. Just some thoughts I had...

Last edited:

CadaverDawg

Dec 5, 2011
I love some of the ideas in this thread. I'm glad we're looking to close off that end.

I'm no architect, and there may be rules against this idea...but is there any way we could incorporate some Left Field Lounge type "spots" with the grills, smokers, fully customized, basically just like the current LFL? Maybe in the corners to tie the hotel into the stadium? It's a huge hit at baseball games....can we bring tailgating inside the football stadium too? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious that makes this a terrible idea....I just love that smoke filled, Dudy Noble, atmosphere and wondered if we could bring it to football somehow?

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I cannot believe I just bumped this ****. My bad. Went to dawgstudent's link and thought I was still in today's thread .

Last edited:

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
If you're going to spend money, why not complete the bowl? This just looks like an update to the existing concept. If there were no M-Club, would we design this for the SEZ from scratch in 2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login