South Endzone Expansion Renderings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
View attachment 12654

This is the Texas concept. i like what they did in the corners here. and lower part. We don't need a lower part that big. So, replace maybe half of that and their ginormous video board with the hotel, luxury, and viewing areas.

I really like those tiered plazas in the corners. That should definitely be something we incorporate into our design.

PointAfter

Nov 28, 2017
Hopefully they will come up with an idea to finish off the backside of the support structure for the jumbotron. Spend a gazillion dollars and then leave it looking like a construction project is sitting on top?

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
The hotel better have General admission. I also want berms on both sides. Yuge big berms for our fans to sit and complain. The views will be great. On one side you see the great Dorman hall and the other you get to watch our offense.

Last edited:

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Hopefully they will come up with an idea to finish off the backside of the support structure for the jumbotron. Spend a gazillion dollars and then leave it looking like a construction project is sitting on top?

Agree with this. They can incorporate the screen more into the building. It would look much better than just sitting the big screen on top of the building.

This is nice, but they can do better.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
I've come to the conclusion that some of you people are MF'ing idiots who will never be satisfied with anything, ever.

*No offense

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Should we wait until the next time to try to get the south end zone right? It's only been 30 years since the last time we put a band aid on it.

edit: typo

Last edited:

Shamoan

Jun 27, 2013
why not add 2-3k chairbacks? its a premium seat and would make it look better and wouldnt be difficult to fill. i like the idea of expanding the ez, but this falls flat imo. fire away.

Coast Dawg

Feb 28, 2008
I think two things look off... 1. The screen on top takes away from the nice look of the building and as other said... 2. need to visually connect to current east/west sides.

Take the big screen off the top and place smaller screens on each side to give a visual of filling in the gaps

Shamoan

Jun 27, 2013
where is the ticket office supposed to be? are we going to a scalper run system or is the ticket exchange up and running?**

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've come to the conclusion that some of you people are MF'ing idiots who will never be satisfied with anything, ever.

*No offense

This crew is always going to examine something like this from every conceiveable and unconceivable angle, while griping, postulating, grumbling, pissing and moaning until it's finished and still there will be a group or two of unhappy citizens that it didn't have a something they wanted like this:

View attachment 12660

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
This is literally a leaked drawing of a possible idea that someone had

which would be a 17'ing HOTEL in our south end zone, and our fans are bitching because MSU screwed it all up aGAIN by not having those little walkways for people to stand on each side for free.

No one said they wouldn't tweak the plan. No one said there was a plan. No one said it was funded, or ready to be built. No one said ****, because the university didn't even put this out.

I don't mind people saying "what if we added balconies" or "wouldn't it be even better if it had a swim up bar in the lobby", but to all of those people who just come out and say a 17'ing HOTEL in our end zone is '5 out of 10', or 'meh', or 'underwhelming' can kiss my royal black ***.

Again, no offense.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
which would be a 17'ing HOTEL in our south end zone, and our fans are bitching because MSU screwed it all up aGAIN by not having those little walkways for people to stand on each side for free.

No one said they wouldn't tweak the plan. No one said there was a plan. No one said it was funded, or ready to be built. No one said ****, because the university didn't even put this out.

I don't mind people saying "what if we added balconies" or "wouldn't it be even better if it had a swim up bar in the lobby", but to all of those people who just come out and say a 17'ing HOTEL in our end zone is '5 out of 10', or 'meh', or 'underwhelming' can kiss my royal black ***.

Again, no offense.

View attachment 12662

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Ever think it might be “leaked” to gage fan reaction? And get ideas of what fans are interested in?
It’s the SEC. it just means more. Some people are more driven than others and want more and better. We don’t accept the the first thing presented to us. You marry the first girl you met?

This is much better than what is there currently, but it currently looks out of place just like the m club does. If you are going to spend money, do it right. Make it mold to the stadium on the inside.

I like the idea. It can just be done better to fit the rest of the stadium. Don’t just put a building to put a building to say you are upgrading.

Last edited:

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Gonna need balconies to get cross-over visits from the couple that owns the upper left loft. ***

TwoDawgs

Aug 23, 2012
Don't do it!!! Waste of money! Football attendance is down nationwide and sports interest is declining on the whole. Emptier stadiums are becoming more and more commonplace. I think downsizing will become more of an option for some schools.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
We will not be “adding seats” IF we cut walkway steps up through the center of sections B-F each of which are at least 44 seats long per row. That would remove 4 seats per row in 5 sections. Make those seats up with the “quasi-closed in” South End Zone.

That makes it more comfortable in this 5 sections because the people in the middle of 20 seat rows will only climb, crawl, twist, turn and scramble over 9 people in each direction rather than 21 people in each direction to go to concessions or latrine.

msu84grad

Aug 23, 2012
I work in an architecture office and have followed the DWS expansions. In looking at the renderings, this is what I come up with.

The hotel should be built back from the field to allow for putting more seats in that end zone if desired. Several rows can be added near the base and parallel to the field (like the endzone seating at Raymond James Stadium). In the hotel the first floor could be specialty retail for year-round, maybe a Hall of Fame.

Second floor would be the lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms.. Third floor could be the location of the M-Club on one side and specialty suites on the other. A ramp will run through the building at this level and connect to the seating area by the field. From this point up you create hotel rooms for year-round use, with room to build up if needed.

Balconies can be added to the rooms facing the field with the provision to have them removed at a future time if the seating is moved up -- then they can be sold at suites.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
Don't make it look so much like a regular hotel.

Put chairback premium areas in a couple or more levels

Add a little common bloke seating up front, or on sides.

Have a pedestrian connector to each grandstand.

Get rid of that ugly m'fer south of the junction!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. Someone in this thread posted they need 2 smaller screens in the corners to fill them in some and I think that's about right.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Any chance they are gun-shy on building more endzone seating since the current endzone seating is becoming harder and harder to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login