Team growth

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Early in the season, we certainly had the capacity to march right down the field and score. But we also had too many safety valve passes to the RB behind the LOS. Will took too much time in the pocket and would crumple at first contact. All it would take to kill a drive was one dumb penalty. We couldn’t score inside the 5. Etc etc.

I saw a completely different team out there today. Will has done much better with his timing in the pocket and hit multiple receivers downfield. Penalties aren’t drive killers. We executed in the red zone. Hell, we even run the ball more and that’s helped keep defenses more honest.

It’s fun to watch the stats Will is putting up knowing he’s only a sophomore and has huge potential to be one of the best we’ve ever seen in maroon and white. I think we might be seeing that year-2 jump from the Leach offense we’ve all been waiting for.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
The team started the season like a librarian in the right lane and now is driving hot in the left lane like a teenager who just got laid. Hope they can keep that attitude for the next two games (+1).

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have to say even if we happen to come up short after everything that happened today I would still feel like this team has really really improved over the season and that was all I asked for.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Need to go ahead and line up NIL money for Will’s 5th year. Not sure if he’s going to be a strong NFL candidate, so need to convince him there’s good money in staying at state and having 90% Of all career passing records.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Some is will improving on the check downs, but so much of it is the line too. We have gotten tremendously better on the line, even though sometimes the penalties still show up. It’s helping to have a pocket for will to feel more comfortable as he’s making reads

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Some is will improving on the check downs, but so much of it is the line too. We have gotten tremendously better on the line, even though sometimes the penalties still show up. It’s helping to have a pocket for will to feel more comfortable as he’s making reads

The offensive line is drastically better it's why we are able to do what we are doing. Compared to last year it's unbelievable

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login