That s the Vitello model at UT sustainable?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
It is irksome to see thes UT folks acting like they invented college baseball but I do get it.

My question is can you sustain a program playing gas house gang jerk ball like UT does? Seems like that crap will get old after a while.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If you notice, they do exceedingly well against a weak bullpen but often struggle like tonight against a good arm. If you have a good starter and good closer they look average. Every team in Omaha will have good arms.

Notre Dame is a very well coached, disciplined team. Should be a good super regional. We will see.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
What is gang jerk ball? And what is the Vitello model? I haven't watched them enough to know.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
When they're running the bases while flipping off the other team, that's a program waiting to get punched in the nuts. Beck should get suspended for that.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
They’re starting to show some cracks in the postseason, which is not terribly surprising. They had to come from 4 runs behind against both Campbell and GT. I am fascinated to see what Notre Dame does against them. You would think ND will be prepared for that environment after being shipped off to Dudy Noble last year.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
ND isn't the team they were last year and they didn't have a lot of pitching then. TN should roll them, "should".

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Omaha is the great equalizer.

Juicing up does not help you play defense under pressure.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
No on is mentioning that the hottest team from last weekend is Auburn and OK State. UTenn so far has not looked nearly as good as those two.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Loved seeing the player ejected for yelling at the ump. Pulling for Notre Dame to humble them.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
If you notice, they do exceedingly well against a weak bullpen but often struggle like tonight against a good arm. If you have a good starter and good closer they look average. Every team in Omaha will have good arms.

Notre Dame is a very well coached, disciplined team. Should be a good super regional. We will see.

Quick question. Don’t most baseball teams look average against a good starter and a good closer? That kind of seems like a blueprint that wasn’t exactly dreamed up yesterday.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yes, but if you look closely, they have really done their best with weaker bullpens. The remaining teams have decent or good bullpens. My point is they are on the same level now as the remaining teams. Not the all powerful #1 team they have been all season.

Reminds me of Arkansas last year. They really believed they were on another level than all the other teams. Until they played a good team playing good ball in NC State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login