The big Mstate outside the stadium might be replaced...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Here waiting for the first person to call it the Big MStake… **

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki

Oh wait… that’s me… **

Press Conference Kermit GIF

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
If they do that then I think it is safe to say they are all in with &tate. And thank god they are leaning into us being State. I have been screaming this for years.
You and whomever else....

Please explain why and how the logo "&tate" or just the word State, is a good idea to brand and distinguish Mississippi State University.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
You and whomever else....

Please explain why and how the logo "&tate" or just the word State, is a good idea to brand and distinguish Mississippi State University.
just State. Not M-state or MSU. For the record I think the big banner M on the side of the stadium looks great and I doubt the &tatr logo will look as good. I still think the banner M looks like **** on helmets

patdog

May 28, 2007
I mean, the reaction to the return of the interlocking MSU was universal praise, so of course, we're going in a different direction.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU
Not a big fan of the interlocking MSU either, but it would be 100 times better than $tate. Personally, I'd either go back to M-State (not gonna happen), or create a completely new logo (maybe one that doesn't even suck if we can).

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I'm really just curious how a big logo that says 'STATE' across the middle of it, is NOT leaning into being State?
The banner M's issue isn't that it doesn't promote "STATE". The issue is that its a tired logo that fans are done with. I'm not the biggest proponent of the script &tate, but it's an improvement on the banner. I wish the script was a secondary logo personally, but the banner M has overstayed it's welcome.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
. And thank god they are leaning into us being State. I have been screaming this for years.
I'm sure this request is a futile attempt but...

Explain why you have been screaming and why this is good marketing, branding etc for Mississippi State University?

Reactions: WrightGuy821

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not a big fan of the interlocking MSU either, but it would be 100 times better than $tate. Personally, I'd either go back to M-State (not gonna happen), or create a completely new logo (maybe one that doesn't even suck if we can).
I'm not a fan of it either, it looks exactly like what it is, old and tired from the 90's.

That said there is a lot of it out there right now though. I had to go to several local Starkville outlets this weekend for gifts and I saw it in quantities everywhere. It's either left overs from the big push for it during the 25th recognition or the outlets have ordered heavily for Christmas

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I'm sure this request is a futile attempt but...

Explain why you have been screaming and why this is good marketing, branding etc for Mississippi State University?
My years of marketing research.

In reality, it’s just because the entire SEC refers to us as state the same way LSU is LSU. Own it. just be state. Try to make it who we are nationally. I have zero marketing knowledge and this may be the greatest mistake in the history of anything that has ever happened on earth. It is what I refer to as my opinion. Rare to see one of those on this board i know.

I hope you don’t feel your attempt was futile.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The banner M's issue isn't that it doesn't promote "STATE". The issue is that its a tired logo that fans are done with. I'm not the biggest proponent of the script &tate, but it's an improvement on the banner. I wish the script was a secondary logo personally, but the banner M has overstayed it's welcome.
Banner is the official logo of the university and that is not changing. This is all about athletic stuff. Some of those logos can vary (like baseball, with abundant tradition), but when in doubt, why do it? Especially with a crappier logo that no one wants?

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
I don't like the banner logo but the sign looked great on the stadium. Hoping the the interlocking logo instead of the script if they replace it

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
My years of marketing research.

In reality, it’s just because the entire SEC refers to us as state the same way LSU is LSU. Own it. just be state.

There’s like 49 other “State” teams in the US.

Dr Pepper marketing refers to generic “State” in almost every Fansville TV commercial.

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

was21

May 29, 2007
Would love to see the M over S in its place. That crap about it being baseball only has got to be the most insane argument ever. It’s the logo we won our only natty with. Slap that ***** everywhere. That script state just looks sissyfied and way to close to UMs script on their helmets.
Polk won't allow it to be used for any sport other than baseball and he ain't even on the payroll to my knowledge.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
There’s like 49 other “State” teams in the US.

Dr Pepper marketing refers to generic “State” in almost every Fansville TV commercial.
Devils advocate. I can’t keep New Mexico and New Mexico State straight. If the latter went by just State I think I could.

But at the end of the day I think people either know us or don’t. OM has made it more complicated with their bevy of names. I think very few ever thought the banner was a good logo. Pretty much any logo decision LT made was bad.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login