The big Mstate outside the stadium might be replaced...

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
If you're hoping to see MState moving forward you're going to be very disappointed....if you're hoping the interlocking will make a come back you're going to be very disappointed....if you're hoping to see more of the script logo moving forward then you're going to be full of joy because there is about to be a huge push forward with that logo.

There is a university rebranding coming very soon and the script logo is at the top of the list to be used as one of the main university logos.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If you're hoping to see MState moving forward you're going to be very disappointed....if you're hoping the interlocking will make a come back you're going to be very disappointed....if you're hoping to see more of the script logo moving forward then you're going to be full of joy because there is about to be a huge push forward with that logo.

There is a university rebranding coming very soon and the script logo is at the top of the list to be used as one of the main university logos.
I am used to my school doing stupid shlt.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Banner is the official logo of the university and that is not changing. This is all about athletic stuff. Some of those logos can vary (like baseball, with abundant tradition), but when in doubt, why do it? Especially with a crappier logo that no one wants?
Lot of people want it.
A few vocal idiots don’t.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Again, it’s a baseball logo. Football is a more masculine sport…thus, STATE serves way better. Besides, the baseball already has an everyday string masculine logo that they get to wear on their hats.
The baseball logo gear is the only thing I will buy now but there isn’t much to pick from. Hopefully my current stuff holds up til Selmon gets sacked.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
The baseball logo gear is the only thing I will buy now but there isn’t much to pick from. Hopefully my current stuff holds up til Selmon gets sacked.
Then what? We aren’t going to bring back the Banner M right after having phased it out.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The ones not 60+ and still living in Larry Templeton's world.
Do you realize Templeton was AD for another 10 years AFTER this logo came out? It's stale, it's outdated, but it's not old enough for retro though. It just looks like something that needs to be retired and replaced

Reactions: StateCollege

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Then what? We aren’t going to bring back the Banner M right after having phased it out.
I don’t think that generic logo will stay in place but we’ll see. Winning fixes all I guess so we’ll see if homeboy hookup Selmon was worth our time and money.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lot of people want it.
A few vocal idiots don’t.
I view things from a broader, more general perspective than the tunnel vision thinkers. It doesn’t really matter what I think, though. I don’t really care to argue about what will happen or not, I’m well aware. I’m not worried about who you know or who is an insider.

We are making a mistake, whether you or anyone else will admit it.

Reactions: bulldoghair

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I view things from a broader, more general perspective than the tunnel vision thinkers. It doesn’t really matter what I think, though. I don’t really care to argue about what will happen or not, I’m well aware. I’m not worried about who you know or who is an insider.

We are making a mistake, whether you or anyone else will admit it.
you view things from what you think and you are very arrogant about it. So don’t pretend that you have some wide view of varying opinions.

I don’t claim to know any insiders. Never have.

You stated you don’t know any insiders or don’t care but you KNOW state is a bad idea. Even though someone who is paid a lot of money to make those decisions disagrees with you. ARROGANCE.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
you view things from what you think and you are very arrogant about it. So don’t pretend that you have some wide view of varying opinions.

I don’t claim to know any insiders. Never have.

You stated you don’t know any insiders or don’t care but you KNOW state is a bad idea. Even though someone who is paid a lot of money to make those decisions disagrees with you. ARROGANCE.
I never said I didn't know insiders. But it doesn't matter. I trust Byrne and Stricklin when it comes to marketing, and I trust the growth of the school and AD that I have seen with my own eyes over the past 20 years.

But hey let's start messing with what has worked.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Last thing I'll say... for today. Ha.

Driving and walking around campus last night, I took note of how many times, when and where I saw the "Banner M". It will take millions ... millions of dollars to remove and replace that logo. It is literally every where.

I'm older. So I grow up in an era of one uniform, logo and coach (boy has that changed ). So that's what I prefer. Consistency and winning leads to tradition; which is what we have done, wearing the "Banner M." I think it is very very odd so many (supposedly many)State fans don't like it.

Anyways Selmon mention in a different interview that the day before he was announced as AD was the first time he set foot in Starkville, MS. He has been in Starkville about a year. I hope he has took the time to really think this through and hasn't let a few make such a big decision that would cost millions. Millions that we need for many other facilities on that campus.

oh yeah, there is ZERO, present, indication that work is being done to take down the sign at the football stadium. Or any of the other MState signage all over campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
The way things are going, that may not be very long.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I never said I didn't know insiders. But it doesn't matter. I trust Byrne and Stricklin when it comes to marketing, and I trust the growth of the school and AD that I have seen with my own eyes over the past 20 years.

But hey let's start messing with what has worked.
Seems like tunnel vision to me.

This has been working! Don’t change!!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Last thing I'll say... for today. Ha.

Driving and walking around campus last night, I took note of how many times, when and where I saw the "Banner M". It will take millions ... millions of dollars to remove and replace that logo. It is literally every where.

I'm older. So I grow up in an era of one uniform, logo and coach (boy has that changed ). So that's what I prefer. Consistency and winning leads to tradition; which is what we have done, wearing the "Banner M." I think it is very very odd so many (supposedly many)State fans don't like it.

Anyways Selmon mention in a different interview that the day before he was announced as AD was the first time he set foot in Starkville, MS. He has been in Starkville about a year. I hope he has took the time to really think this through and hasn't let a few make such a big decision that would cost millions. Millions that we need for many other facilities on that campus.

oh yeah, there is ZERO, present, indication that work is being done to take down the sign at the football stadium. Or any of the other MState signage all over campus.
What era did Mississippi state have one uniform, logo and coach consistently for 5 to 10 years straight?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seems like tunnel vision to me.

This has been working! Don’t change!!

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Selmon is doing more than any AD since Byrne. Really, more to be honest. It's the old MSU hangers on that hold us back. Those are the ones that need to hit the door, but they've got politics on their side.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Well I certainly don’t want things to go poorly but that seemed like a big move for new AD who didn’t come in with a record to speak of. OU hasn’t changed their branding in my lifetime so he didn’t get the idea from a history of success with moves like that. Maybe he wanted to put his signature on a new era of MSU athletics but that branding swap isn’t going to change what people think of us or what we think of ourselves. They better win, and win big, or it’s going to end up an even worse dumpster fire than what Cohen left behind.

Reactions: Maroon13 and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well I certainly don’t want things to go poorly but that seemed like a big move for new AD who didn’t come in with a record to speak of. OU hasn’t changed their branding in my lifetime so he didn’t get the idea from a history of success with moves like that. Maybe he wanted to put his signature on a new era of MSU athletics but that branding swap isn’t going to change what people think of us or what we think of ourselves. They better win, and win big, or it’s going to end up an even worse dumpster fire than what Cohen left behind.
Yep. I hope I’m wrong.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Selmon is doing more than any AD since Byrne. Really, more to be honest. It's the old MSU hangers on that hold us back. Those are the ones that need to hit the door, but they've got politics on their side.
He's helped with NIL, I'll give him that. I still say that trying to play that game won't pay off long term, but I digress.

Hilarious to think Selmon isn't directly connected to the good ole boys. He was hired by all of them for fund raising and NIL. Money, in essence. Not a bad approach. But don't think for a second that the Arnett Brigade would have been fired had they not absolutely forced that hand by being so terrible. And then when we did, the hire of Lebby has good ole boy buddy hire written all over it, as does all the hires underneath it. None of this is outside the box or going against the grain. It's the typical MSU path. Good ole boys did NOT like Cohen or Leach, we know this. And it's the old guard all over facebook with the &tate stuff on. We are basically trying to follow the Ole Miss path, which has worked some in the past, but never with consistency.

I sincerely hope it works out, but I'm afraid I'll be living on basketball and baseball for a while. I have been encouraged by some things Lebby has done though, I like the group put together to engage former players. I'm sure that was a Selmon idea, and it was a good one. But we have to win to get people back, we will see.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I can’t say he is or isn’t doing more or less than anyone else, but I don’t think anyone can name something bad he’s done so far.

Another year will tell a lot.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He's helped with NIL, I'll give him that. I still say that trying to play that game won't pay off long term, but I digress.

Hilarious to think Selmon isn't directly connected to the good ole boys. He was hired by all of them for fund raising and NIL. Money, in essence. Not a bad approach. But don't think for a second that the Arnett Brigade would have been fired had they not absolutely forced that hand by being so terrible. And then when we did, the hire of Lebby has good ole boy buddy hire written all over it, as does all the hires underneath it. None of this is outside the box or going against the grain. It's the typical MSU path. Good ole boys did NOT like Cohen or Leach, we know this. And it's the old guard all over facebook with the &tate stuff on.

I sincerely hope it works out, but I'm afraid I'll be living on basketball and baseball for a while. I have been encouraged by some things Lebby has done though, I like the group put together to engage former players. I'm sure that was a Selmon idea, and it was a good one. But we have to win to get people back, we will see.
🤦🏼‍♂️

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Oh good, something else that is totally meaningless for us to ***** about.

Nov 20, 2023
On a serious note, wonder who they plan to sell it to and how heavy it is? Would look great on the side of a 120k bushel grain bin.
Would love to have it on our newer temp/moisture controlled facing the road. I may jokingly ask the MSU extension service and call Keenum who is a close personal friend of ours. Holy shite what if I made it happen 🤣 if they do change it that would be awesome

baddmann007

Sep 26, 2023
I always post this same thing about the M-State logo…

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I like the M-State logo. Most people recognize it now and even folks on r/CFB know that it’s us. I also like the STATE block logo and honestly love merchandise that has different logos.
Only logo I am not fond of is the new “script state.” Somehow it looks feminine/goofy to me. Almost cartoonish. (Maybe it’s too close to the Ole Miss script logo I think looks goofy also.)

*What I mean by cartoonish: It looks like the old “That’s all Folks” ending to bugs bunny cartoons.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
I always post this same thing about the M-State logo…

I know I’m probably in the minority here but I like the M-State logo. Most people recognize it now and even folks on r/CFB know that it’s us. I also like the STATE block logo and honestly love merchandise that has different logos.
Only logo I am not fond of is the new “script state.” Somehow it looks feminine/goofy to me. Almost cartoonish. (Maybe it’s too close to the Ole Miss script logo I think looks goofy also.)

*What I mean by cartoonish: It looks like the old “That’s all Folks” ending to bugs bunny cartoons.
Yea you're in a very small minority with the MState logo...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login