The most chaotic CFP scenario that isn't that far fetched.

Which three teams join Ohio State/Michigan winner in the CFP?

• Georgia (12-1, SEC runner-up)

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Florida State (13-0, ACC champion)

Votes: 64 73.6%
  • Oregon (12-1, Pac-12 champion, avenged only loss in conference championship game)

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • Texas (12-1, Big XII champion)

Votes: 47 54.0%
  • Alabama (12-1, SEC champion)

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
This scenario is still intact. The only upset required is Nick Saban winning an SEC Championship Game.

I put the scenario in the playoff predictor and got this result:
Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 11.39.11 AM.png

Imagine two 12-1 SEC teams being left out of the CFP!

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
This scenario is still intact. The only upset required is Nick Saban winning an SEC Championship Game.

View attachment 460834

I don’t think the committee is ready for that. ESPN commentators have already been arguing that Alabama is deserving of they win this weekend.

Florida State is quite vulnerable to losing this week but Bama and Georgia is a complete toss up as to which version of their teams will show up to play.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
3 spots behind who ? Texas ? FSU without Travis ? I don’t think so. You’ve got an sec bias here. 2 out of the best 3 teams in the country are big ten this year.
SEC bias be damned.....If Alabama beats #1 Georgia and gets in, how does Georgia, who's been #1 all year, fall out ahead of an Ohio State, who lost their big game but has otherwise played less of a schedule? Texas is probably in with a win against Iowa. FSU/Oregon/Georgia would be an interesting debate for four with Ohio State and Wazzu on the outside looking in. I think Florida State has a problem with their QB out. Oregon has the heisman frontrunner which will help their case.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

View attachment 460834

That’s not happening. The SEC champion will be in the CFP. No ifs, ands, or buts. The PAC 12 champion will be as well. So will Michigan if they win, and so will FSU if they win.

Ohio State is out. Texas even with a win over Ok State, UGA (if they lose to Bama), and/or Washington (if they lose to Oregon) all need help to get in. They’d need FSU and/or Michigan to lose.

This is about as cut and dry as it’s ever been to set the field. People who talk about Texas having the head-to-head over Bama conveniently forget that Texas also has the worst loss of any of the 7 teams in contention, and have the only loss to a team that’s outside that group of 7. They also play in the 2nd worst conference, and have no quality resume wins besides Bama. Meanwhile, Bama would have a Top 5 win over UGA, Top 10-12 win over LSU, Top 10-12 win over OM, and a Top 17-18 win over Tennessee. And they’d be the undisputed champions of the best conference. The resume comparison wouldn’t even be close.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login