This team is trash

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. Thats gonna be a pretty trashy start. 1 and 3 at best. 1 and 8 is highly likely. Trash

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
We have zero athletic guards with length. No wing players. We’re basically a Tolu/Bell (whoever is in) with the occasional Hubbard. That’s all this team has. Is what it is. Jans missed majorly on this recruiting haul with the jucos and Taylor

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
17off. They aren't top25 level right now, but they also aren't trash.
I already put this in another thread. We have a talented team or a team that has some talent. Whichever way you wanna look at it. The problem we have is the players we have to not play a very smart brand of basketball. You combine that with having to bench a lot of players because of foul trouble and you get what you have today

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But I was led to believe by many on this board through the non conference schedule that when Tolu came back our troubles were over. That Jans was a hell of a coach, that we can definitely play some defense and we got the shooters and inside help we needed. Was all that not true?

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
But I was led to believe by many on this board through the non conference schedule that when Tolu came back our troubles were over. That Jans was a hell of a coach, that we can definitely play some defense and we got the shooters and inside help we needed. Was all that not true?
Most of that is true. Unfortunately, our biggest weakness from last year, perimeter shooting, has not gotten any better.

ETA: I would kill for a Winsome Frazier or Darryl Wilson on this team.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Most of that is true. Unfortunately, our biggest weakness from last year, perimeter shooting, has not gotten any better.

ETA: I would kill for a Winsome Frazier or Darryl Wilson on this team.
But our team 3 pnt % is .319 and opponents is .263. Our FG% is .449 to opponents .337. Our FT is .729 to .694, all a good but better than opponents.....

patdog

May 28, 2007
But our team 3 pnt % is .319 and opponents is .263. Our FG% is .449 to opponents .337. Our FT is .729 to .694, all a good but better than opponents.....
Stats always look good non conference. It’ll be a different story in conference games. Actually, those offensive non conference stats look pretty bad.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
This fanbase is trash. Big game vs Tennessee and nobody will be there Wednesday. SC is 13 -1 and it was a road game. We simply didn’t play the best today, and got out rebounded. Everything went SC way today. **** happens, stop being an dumb *** fanbase
But, I’m sure you’ll be there. Right, super fan? None of us poor rednecks can afford tickets like you can.

17 you.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Eh today sucked but it was still just a Q1 road loss. We do have to cash in on some other opportunities now, though.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
KenPom has SC at 8th in the league; State at 6th. We played like dogsh!t and almost pulled it out. Jans has to start getting guys more minutes that have more offensive ability. If he keeps sending the same guys out there over the next few games, then he is not who we thought he was. I’ll save my meltdown for 0-3.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Feelings Feels GIF by WE tv

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
What we have is a bunch of folks that don’t know much about basketball and looks at things like Hubbard shooting well against inferior opponents, Tolu being out, and seeing us have a 11-2 OOC record.
But they all said we should be a 7 seed at minimum this year.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This fanbase is trash. Big game vs Tennessee and nobody will be there Wednesday. SC is 13 -1 and it was a road game. We simply didn’t play the best today, and got out rebounded. Everything went SC way today. **** happens, stop being an dumb *** fanbase

Do we have a return game with Southern U coming up?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I only caught the second half. Were the refs as awful in the first half as well? They made several bad calls in favor of USCe that even the commentators were amazed.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Do you understand non-club sports lil guy?

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
We have zero athletic guards with length. No wing players. We’re basically a Tolu/Bell (whoever is in) with the occasional Hubbard. That’s all this team has. Is what it is. Jans missed majorly on this recruiting haul with the jucos and Taylor
To be fair, last year we were just Tolu, so that’s an improvement.

We made some dumb mistakes in the last 30 sec and didn’t get Hubbard the ball enough at all, but the refs didn’t do us any favors either…

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Ok. What are those same stats from today? You know. Mississippi State vs USC. South Carolina from either beyond the arc OR at the free throw line is the difference in the game. Prove me wrong

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I can't see this team beating Tennessee or Auburn or Kentucky or Florida. If they play hard maybe Bama and Vandy. Who else??

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login