This team is trash

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
If you’re going to cherry pick my posts then go back and find the posts where I tell folks to support this team and how I like Jans. But that wouldn’t fit your agenda and silly little gif.

Oh and btw, who were our 2 leading scorers last night? So my point still stands. Need to find a third option on offense. If you went to the games, you’d be able to see that. I can see it perfectly from my third row season tickets**
Great win btw! Had a blast.

Aug 20, 2006
If you’re going to cherry pick my posts then go back and find the posts where I tell folks to support this team and how I like Jans. But that wouldn’t fit your agenda and silly little gif.

Oh and btw, who were our 2 leading scorers last night? So my point still stands. Need to find a third option on offense. If you went to the games, you’d be able to see that. I can see it perfectly from my third row season tickets**

it’s almost like they have never watched MSU sports before. Obviously I support all things State, but shiz… I’ve read this book before. Lose to a garbage team, beat a giant, lose to another garbage team the next week.

listen, I’m super happy they won… but to act like this is proof positive that this is THAT team. Ridiculous. Let’s try to beat who we’re suppose to first before we start crowing.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
it’s almost like they have never watched MSU sports before. Obviously I support all things State, but shiz… I’ve read this book before. Lose to a garbage team, beat a giant, lose to another garbage team the next week.

listen, I’m super happy they won… but to act like this is proof positive that this is THAT team. Ridiculous. Let’s try to beat who we’re suppose to first before we start crowing.
So it is ridiculous to think “this is that team” yet at the same time we are positive this team is trash after a road loss?
Makes sense

Oct 17, 2023

So you are bragging that you predicted that our two best scorers would be the leading scorers in the game?

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Wut?? We haven’t beat a top 10 team since Stansbury was coach. The closest was TCU last year and we rattled off 4 straight wins after that. I get the Howland argument, in his tenure every year was one step forward two steps back but Jans has not followed that pattern.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The South Carolina game was a Quad 1 game. Their NET is 52. It’s not like we lost to Missouri (NET 118) or Vanderbilt (NET 239). Losing a close game at the #52 team by NET ranking doesn’t mean we are trash, but the idiots who always lose their minds anytime we don’t go undefeated don’t understand that.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
So you are bragging that you predicted that our two best scorers would be the leading scorers in the game?
What are you even talking about? What prediction? And how is that bragging? I said that we have 2 guys we depend on for scoring. Looks pretty factual to me. If saying we need a third scoring option makes folks vaginas hurt then the world is gonna be tough for ya

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wut?? We haven’t beat a top 10 team since Stansbury was coach. The closest was TCU last year and we rattled off 4 straight wins after that. I get the Howland argument, in his tenure every year was one step forward two steps back but Jans has not followed that pattern.
I think Howland was very clearly 2 steps forward 1 step back each season. We absolutely made progress under him from before he arrived to when he left.

- We were 6-12 in conference and 13-19 overall the season before Howland, and didnt make a postseason of any kind in the 3 prior seasons.
- The last 5 seasons were good enough for postseason play(covid we would have been in the NIT) with one year in the NCAAT and made the NIT Championship game another year.
- The 3 seasons before he arrived we averaged 12.33 wins and 20 losses overall as well as 4.33 wins and 13.66 losses in conference. Howland's last 5 seasons we averaged 20.8 wins and 13 losses overall as well as 9.2 wins and 8.8 losses in conference.
- 38.1% winning percentage under Ray. 61.5% winning percentage in Howland's last 5 years.

We clearly improved under Howland. That is clear if you compare Howland's last 5 years to the 3 years before him or if you just compare Howland's 7 seasons at MSU where the first couple werent great and the last 5 were consistently better.

Reactions: hatfieldms

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think Howland was very clearly 2 steps forward 1 step back each season. We absolutely made progress under him from before he arrived to when he left.

- We were 6-12 in conference and 13-19 overall the season before Howland, and didnt make a postseason of any kind in the 3 prior seasons.
- The last 5 seasons were good enough for postseason play(covid we would have been in the NIT) with one year in the NCAAT and made the NIT Championship game another year.
- The 3 seasons before he arrived we averaged 12.33 wins and 20 losses overall as well as 4.33 wins and 13.66 losses in conference. Howland's last 5 seasons we averaged 20.8 wins and 13 losses overall as well as 9.2 wins and 8.8 losses in conference.
- 38.1% winning percentage under Ray. 61.5% winning percentage in Howland's last 5 years.

We clearly improved under Howland. That is clear if you compare Howland's last 5 years to the 3 years before him or if you just compare Howland's 7 seasons at MSU where the first couple werent great and the last 5 were consistently better.
I’m not saying overall. Howland absolutely elevated the program as easy as that was to do. I’m talking within a season he always seemed to lose a game that killed momentum. We would win a big game on the road and if we won the next one would be set up for a big Saturday home game and like clockwork we’d lose that road game killing all excitement.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login