This year's CWS will be a survival of the fittest - who has the best odds?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Pick your fighter and who you would drop $500 on winning it all.

1. Texas
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Ole Miss
  5. Texas A&M
  6. Auburn or Oregon State
  7. Stanford or UConn

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I’d ride with Texas and Stanford in that order. Omaha experience matters. And they have rosters that have it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’d ride with Texas and Stanford in that order. Omaha experience matters. And they have rosters that have it.

That's my thought as well. Texas was good enough to win last year. I give an ouside shot at Notre Dame, but they have suspect pitching to win more than 2 games a week.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I hate that Texas and Notre Dame are in the same bracket. They'd be 1/2 for me. On the other side I'd lean Arkansas, though I'm hopeful Stanford or Oregon State can scheme their way to the Finals (assuming they even get there).

kired

Aug 22, 2008
My pick has been A&M for a while now. Already won a series from two other teams that will be in Omaha (Arkansas and Ole Miss). Won two a Vandy and swept our ***. Won a couple before getting bounced from the SECT, then have gone 5-0 through the regionals & supers.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I think it's wide open. ND looks like last year's NC State. I haven't been impressed with Stanford or Texas like I thought I would. OK looks like they're rolling. Just can't pick a favorite but the OM bracket looks easiest to me.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I think it's wide open. ND looks like last year's NC State. I haven't been impressed with Stanford or Texas like I thought I would. OK looks like they're rolling. Just can't pick a favorite but the OM bracket looks easiest to me.

I am already prepared for OM to be in the Championship. I can only hope something like this happens.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Maybe they’ve been doing it all year, but Notre Dame really surprised me with the amount of pop that they have in their lineup. I’m sure that Texas will be the betting favorite, but I’m rolling with ND. They’re hitting their stride at just the right time

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Baseball America and D1 both had ND as the number 7 national seed. They are really good and got hosed by the committee.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They are really good and got hosed by the committee.
For the second year in a row (I know it was all about their OOC and COVID, etc., but I'm just saying they were easily a top team last year). They are definitely not your uncle's typical Cinderella team, they are old and on a mission.

I'm certainly rooting for them, along with whoever is playing Ole Miss, Arkansas and Texas A&M.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The arky fan holding his shirt up always cracks me up when I see that.

Agreed. But, I couldn't stomach to watch that very often before, bc that would just crush me if that was State.

Now that we've won one, I can now laugh at this and Arky without fear of karma.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The arky fan holding his shirt up always cracks me up when I see that.

The curse of putting up "OmaTEAM-NAME" at your home stadium, or anything "Omaha" and your team's name or brand... the baseball gods do not like when you do such things. Anything from the ancient mysterious Omaha tribe given is a gift and the ghosts can still take away at random, unforeseen moments. Don't disturb them and maybe, just maybe, you can survive without injury.

Point in case, we had to offer up 2 UCL's at Tulane as payment for our 2021 CWS championship and suffer all 2022 long. I still don't know what we did wrong other than saying our players would be "living legends" or things of that nature. Maybe it was the parade that cursed us.

(All that being said, I can't imagine being one of those 3 players, that could haunt them forever...)

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
  1. Texas A&M
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Texas
  4. Auburn
  5. Stanford
  6. Ole Miss

I think Texas A&M is flying under the radar a little bit. After that I would say it's probably going to be Notre Dame or Texas. Those are the three teams I would not wanna meet in Omaha with the Oregon State/Auburn winner just behind

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I will be taking an emotional hedge bet on ole miss to win the thing. If they lose, I’m just doing my part. If they win, at least I’ll be getting something out of it.

But I a actually think Arkansas wins it all. For whatever reason, you hardly ever win the thing when it’s your best team. And this is not Arkansas’ best team but they are hot

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Clearly, Texas A&M has the easiest route to the finals, since they are the only SEC West team on their side of the bracket.

On the other side, Stanford will get put out quickly. Likely, Arkansas and Auburn will duke it out, with Arkansas winning.

Arkansas wins the title in 3 over A&M.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I am going to pick OM to win it all. That's the surest way I know to make sure they don't.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login