UGA fans……serious question

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Why does your fan base think that every school except UGA is involved in NIL? Every player that chooses to go somewhere other than UGA just HAS to be due to NIL…..but if a kid chooses UGA it is due to everything but NIL. Just awesome recruiting by the UGA staff, the charm of Athens, etc etc.
go away gtfo GIF

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
We don’t think that. Caleb Downs, Eddrick Houston, Sammy Brown are all examples of top guys that didn’t pick UGA that we don’t think was due to NIL. Some losses are due to NIL and some are just the kid wanting to be somewhere else. In the case of KJ Bolden, there’s plenty of reason to think it was NIL. Including Jadon Perlotte’s dad literally saying it was about money like a week ago.

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
First time on message boards? Literally every fan base is like this.

To be honest, idk why anyone cares about a safety. He’s going to a school that has (1) blue chip DL or OL committed. They aren’t winning anything of note or threatening UGA.

Reactions: Semper High

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
Of course UGA uses NIL but Kirby is picky just like Saban on the amount and which players are deemed worthy. Kirby went out of his SOP regarding Bolden probably offered more than he should have. FSU just came over the top with much higher offer that UGA wasn't willing to match. FSU is desperate to make a splash this cycle so good for them. They got the W.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
We don’t think that. Caleb Downs, Eddrick Houston, Sammy Brown are all examples of top guys that didn’t pick UGA that we don’t think was due to NIL. Some losses are due to NIL and some are just the kid wanting to be somewhere else. In the case of KJ Bolden, there’s plenty of reason to think it was NIL. Including Jadon Perlotte’s dad literally saying it was about money like a week ago.
Perlotte’s Dad said that KJ Bolden’s decision was only about money? That is rude AF lol. Got a link?

UGA has never had success at Buford. It sounded like Bolden has been an FSU fan forever, so it could be about more than just NIL. If Alabama absolutely sucked right now and I was coming out of HS, I would still probably go there. I mean, in this age, you use your leverage to get the best deal you can get (I hate that I even have to say that). Is there someone at Buford who is a closet Gator or something?

After listening to Riddick’s interview after, I believe his recruitment was about starting immediately and being the “BMOC” as much as anything.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Of course UGA uses NIL but Kirby is picky just like Saban on the amount and which players are deemed worthy. Kirby went out of his SOP regarding Bolden probably offered more than he should have. FSU just came over the top with much higher offer that UGA wasn't willing to match. FSU is desperate to make a splash this cycle so good for them. They got the W.
How do you guys have such insight into the NIL collective and how much gets offered where? I literally have no idea what Alabama players have been offered or are making aside from what is made public.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
First time on message boards? Literally every fan base is like this.

To be honest, idk why anyone cares about a safety. He’s going to a school that has (1) blue chip DL or OL committed. They aren’t winning anything of note or threatening UGA.
Yep, I’m a first timer. Thanks for the warm welcome!
I agree with you on the point about him being a safety. UGA fans are probably just hyper sensitive about him because it was another blue chip from Buford who got away.

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
How do you guys have such insight into the NIL collective and how much gets offered where? I literally have no idea what Alabama players have been offered or are making aside from what is made public.
I honestly have zero insight but on how much UGA offers. I do post on another Dawg fan board that's much smaller that has people who post there that get that info. On this particular recruitment I kept hearing Auburn and FSU were resetting the NIL market for Bolden. Freeze and FSU are both wanting to make a splash this cycle.

I have heard Bama, UGA and Ohio State were the least aggressive with upfront NIL due to obvious reasons of how it may affect your lockerroom. Obviously the above schools still do it but there is a threshold they don't go to.

The guy who runs the South Carolina 247 site JC said Freeze will be working 8 figures each recruiting cycle. He's going to be pain in our *** moving forward.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I honestly have zero insight but on how much UGA offers. I do post on another Dawg fan board that's much smaller that has people who post there that get that info. On this particular recruitment I kept hearing Auburn and FSU were resetting the NIL market for Bolden. Freeze and FSU are both wanting to make a splash this cycle.

I have heard Bama, UGA and Ohio State were the least aggressive with upfront NIL due to obvious reasons of how it may affect your lockerroom. Obviously the above schools still do it but there is a threshold they don't go to.

The guy who runs the South Carolina 247 site JC said Freeze will be working 8 figures each recruiting cycle. He's going to be pain in our *** moving forward.
Makes sense and I agree….Hugh was a pain in the a$$ with the “under the table” NIL at Ole Miss. Still can’t believe the Laremy Tunsil recruitment.

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
Yep, I’m a first timer. Thanks for the warm welcome!
I agree with you on the point about him being a safety. UGA fans are probably just hyper sensitive about him because it was another blue chip from Buford who got away.
You’re welcome Willy, your welcome package is on the way.

Honestly I stopped worrying about Kirby’s ability to build this roster years ago. I don’t even pay attention to recruiting anymore, and I’m definitely not losing sleep about one safety, idc how good he’s supposed to be.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
You’re welcome Willy, your welcome package is on the way.

Honestly I stopped worrying about Kirby’s ability to build this roster years ago. I don’t even pay attention to recruiting anymore, and I’m definitely not losing sleep about one safety, idc how good he’s supposed to be.
Same here. Very rarely is a safety the defining characteristic of a championship team. I’m here for the UGA and AU meltdowns though lol. BOL melted down over Perry Thompson. If there is one position that Alabama can afford to lose somebody, it would be WR. On top of that, I can’t remember the last physical possession WR type that made a big impact at Alabama. Bama stud WRs have typically been the small, elite speed types.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
Perlotte’s Dad said that KJ Bolden’s decision was only about money? That is rude AF lol. Got a link?

UGA has never had success at Buford. It sounded like Bolden has been an FSU fan forever, so it could be about more than just NIL. If Alabama absolutely sucked right now and I was coming out of HS, I would still probably go there. I mean, in this age, you use your leverage to get the best deal you can get (I hate that I even have to say that). Is there someone at Buford who is a closet Gator or something?

After listening to Riddick’s interview after, I believe his recruitment was about starting immediately and being the “BMOC” as much as anything.
This is from an Instagram post last week about Bolden.

Attachments

• IMG_2115.jpeg
    IMG_2115.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 18

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
Why does your fan base think that every school except UGA is involved in NIL? Every player that chooses to go somewhere other than UGA just HAS to be due to NIL…..but if a kid chooses UGA it is due to everything but NIL. Just awesome recruiting by the UGA staff, the charm of Athens, etc etc.
go away gtfo GIF
Because we do what we want. Next question

KirbAppeal

Jan 6, 2022
Same here. Very rarely is a safety the defining characteristic of a championship team. I’m here for the UGA and AU meltdowns though lol. BOL melted down over Perry Thompson. If there is one position that Alabama can afford to lose somebody, it would be WR. On top of that, I can’t remember the last physical possession WR type that made a big impact at Alabama. Bama stud WRs have typically been the small, elite speed types.
I just assume Kirby will find some 3* kid in South Georgia that no one has ever heard of and he’ll be ridiculous.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
Seems like that guy probably posts on the Junkyard. I didn’t know UGA was so poor.
I mean he’s very close with the Bolden family. Seems like you just don’t like that there’s legit evidence that it was NIL. UGA isn’t poor. They’re just not gonna give a true freshmen more money than what some of their starters are making. That’s just asking for locker room trouble.

Reactions: MattUGA1

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I mean he’s very close with the Bolden family. Seems like you just don’t like that there’s legit evidence that it was NIL. UGA isn’t poor. They’re just not gonna give a true freshmen more money than what some of their starters are making. That’s just asking for locker room trouble.
It is “NIL” every time UGA gets beat on a recruit. How much did Bolden get? What was the FSU offer and the UGA offer? Seems to me like the kid just grew up wanting to play at FSU.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
It is “NIL” every time UGA gets beat on a recruit. How much did Bolden get? What was the FSU offer and the UGA offer? Seems to me like the kid just grew up wanting to play at FSU.
I literally named examples of big players that UGA recently lost on that weren’t due to NIL in my original comment lol. Sometimes a loss is because of NIL and sometimes it’s just getting beat. A close family friend said it was NIL and even Bud Elliot who is very plugged into FSU said it was NIL and called them the “Saudinoles”. You just want to think that UGA fans are falsely blaming it on NIL when there’s real evidence that’s what it was lol.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I literally named examples of big players that UGA recently lost on that weren’t due to NIL in my original comment lol. Sometimes a loss is because of NIL and sometimes it’s just getting beat. A close family friend said it was NIL and even Bud Elliot who is very plugged into FSU said it was NIL and called them the “Saudinoles”. You just want to think that UGA fans are falsely blaming it on NIL when there’s real evidence that’s what it was lol.
Most UGA fans do, amigo. Most, not all. Sounds like FSU was Bolden’s dream school all along though. I’m sure he got a NIL bag, but he would have gotten that anywhere. Surely the amounts will come out eventually….hard to keep that stuff on the DL.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
Most UGA fans do, amigo. Most, not all. Sounds like FSU was Bolden’s dream school all along though. I’m sure he got a NIL bag, but he would have gotten that anywhere. Surely the amounts will come out eventually….hard to keep that stuff on the DL.
Not really, unless it’s like this when there’s real evidence that it was NIL. Multiple people close to the situation have said it was NIL which means FSU was the biggest bag. If you want to ignore the evidence so you can pretend that UGA fans are being ridiculous then go ahead

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Not really, unless it’s like this when there’s real evidence that it was NIL. Multiple people close to the situation have said it was NIL which means FSU was the biggest bag. If you want to ignore the evidence so you can pretend that UGA fans are being ridiculous then go ahead
There is no “evidence” though….only hearsay. Evidence would be backed by numbers. Bolden has always maintained that FSU was his dream school. If it is only about NIL, why is Kirby still talking to him? Does he think FSU will just delete the offer? If Bolden eventually flips to UGA, can we just assume that UGA dropped the biggest bag?

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
There is no “evidence” though….only hearsay. Evidence would be backed by numbers. Bolden has always maintained that FSU was his dream school. If it is only about NIL, why is Kirby still talking to him? Does he think FSU will just delete the offer? If Bolden eventually flips to UGA, can we just assume that UGA dropped the biggest bag?
I’m fine with that

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
There is evidence when multiple people with firsthand knowledge are saying this is what it is. You just don’t want to take those seriously because it doesn’t fit what you want to believe. Kirby is still talking to him because things can change down the line. FSU’s financials could become more of an issue due to them trying to leave the ACC, Bolden is also teammates with Raiola and maybe getting close with him can convince him to turn down more money to play together, etc. If Bolden flips his commitment to UGA, I would be 100% confident that UGA raising their NIL offer would be a part of the reason why, yes.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
There is evidence when multiple people with firsthand knowledge are saying this is what it is. You just don’t want to take those seriously because it doesn’t fit what you want to believe. Kirby is still talking to him because things can change down the line. FSU’s financials could become more of an issue due to them trying to leave the ACC, Bolden is also teammates with Raiola and maybe getting close with him can convince him to turn down more money to play together, etc. If Bolden flips his commitment to UGA, I would be 100% confident that UGA raising their NIL offer would be a part of the reason why, yes.
Surprising that Kirby is continuing to recruit a kid who is only after a bag. I’ve been led to believe that kids that chase the money aren’t “Dawgs”. Weird.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
Surprising that Kirby is continuing to recruit a kid who is only after a bag. I’ve been led to believe that kids that chase the money aren’t “Dawgs”. Weird.
I’m just gonna copy and paste from my last comment since I literally just addressed this.

Kirby is still talking to him because things can change down the line. FSU’s financials could become more of an issue due to them trying to leave the ACC, Bolden is also teammates with Raiola and maybe getting close with him can convince him to turn down more money to play together, etc. If Bolden flips his commitment to UGA, I would be 100% confident that UGA raising their NIL offer would be a part of the reason why, yes.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I’m just gonna copy and paste from my last comment since I literally just addressed this.

Kirby is still talking to him because things can change down the line. FSU’s financials could become more of an issue due to them trying to leave the ACC, Bolden is also teammates with Raiola and maybe getting close with him can convince him to turn down more money to play together, etc. If Bolden flips his commitment to UGA, I would be 100% confident that UGA raising their NIL offer would be a part of the reason why, yes.
That doesn’t address anything. If the kid is all about “NIL”, I’ve been told by UGA fans that UGA will move on because those types of kids aren’t a “culture fit”. If he flips, it will be all about money, not part of the reason. UGA fans have backed themselves into a corner with that narrative.

Bucko

Sep 25, 2022
That doesn’t address anything. If the kid is all about “NIL”, I’ve been told by UGA fans that UGA will move on because those types of kids aren’t a “culture fit”. If he flips, it will be all about money, not part of the reason. UGA fans have backed themselves into a corner with that narrative.
Yea it does. I gave multiple reasons why UGA would still be talking to him if this was about NIL. Nobody has backed them into a corner. You’re either not reading the comments or you aren’t understanding them somehow.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Yea it does. I gave multiple reasons why UGA would still be talking to him if this was about NIL. Nobody has backed them into a corner. You’re either not reading the comments or you aren’t understanding them somehow.
Just remember that if Bolden eventually flips to UGA, it will be ALL about money. Can we agree on that?

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
If Bolden flips, money will be a big part of it yea
Honestly, don't see UGA increasing their offer to match. Already did that 3 times. If he flips it's because he bought into the original plan. Imo, if this was solely KJ's decision he signs with UGA.

Watty

Apr 30, 2023
You sure about that? Seems like Alabama fans are still crying about the last time y’all lost somebody at wr …..

Reactions: BBdawg

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login