Ukrainian Relief Rally

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
If you live in the Starkville area, come out to Fire Station Park, where there will be a rally to raise money for Ukrainian relief efforts. 3:30 this afternoon 'til around 9 tonight. Live music provided by a host of local musicians, food, silent auctions, drum circle, etc.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I've been to this one in Nokomis Beach, Fla had a ball

People bring a bottle of wine and conga drums, get in a circle and play as the sun goes down. Others come and kinda tailgate. Much drinking and much fun.

Last edited:

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Lived in Santa Cruz CA for 5 years. Damn hippies would go on the beach and beat conga drums nightly while I was fishing off the wharf. Just follow the patchouli and you'll find it. Most CA hippies got no rhythm.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Just out of curiosity? What group is collecting the money and what are their credentials?

operch

Aug 22, 2012
I thought we sent them 40 billion bucks. Did that fall through? How much do they need?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Lot of fees in all that money going to Ukraine.
Everyone needs their cut including the people raising the money.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
Don't know of any money we have sent them. We sent them weapons, which don't do much to help the civilians caught in the cross-fire, bombed out of their homes, etc.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
The folks who set it up have not and will not get one dime of the money raised.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
None of the money raised in Starkville is going to the Ukrainian government or any non-US-based entity.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
https://cdispatch.com/news/2022-06-...lle community is,a candlelight vigil and more.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
As I said, our government is not sending $40B to aid refugees caught in the cross-fire, but weapons for the Ukrainian government to defend themselves from the Russian invaders. I was hoping you asshats wouldn't turn this into something political, but you can't help yourselves. The Rally for Relief was put together by a group of Christians because they know Jesus commanded them to love their fellow humans and help alleviate their pain whenever and wherever they can. There was nothing political about it. Your response is to damn the Ukrainian government and question the motives of the folks trying to stop some of the human suffering. I know it is hard for you folks to believe that there actually are people who take time out of their lives to do something good for someone else without expecting anything in return. Is it because you wouldn't even consider doing it? The primary reason I chose to live in Starkville is because this town has more of those people than any town its size I have ever been to. But ya'll keep tearing down and attacking because that is what makes you a real man, right? 17 all of you!

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, the bad attitudes in these replies really shows their character. Good for those trying to do good. Too bad trolls exist.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Who is it going to? I mean I would be willing to say there’s a 75% chance that someone is making money off of it besides the “people of Ukraine”.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
As I said, our government is not sending $40B to aid refugees caught in the cross-fire, but weapons for the Ukrainian government to defend themselves from the Russian invaders. I was hoping you asshats wouldn't turn this into something political, but you can't help yourselves. The Rally for Relief was put together by a group of Christians because they know Jesus commanded them to love their fellow humans and help alleviate their pain whenever and wherever they can. There was nothing political about it. Your response is to damn the Ukrainian government and question the motives of the folks trying to stop some of the human suffering. I know it is hard for you folks to believe that there actually are people who take time out of their lives to do something good for someone else without expecting anything in return. Is it because you wouldn't even consider doing it? The primary reason I chose to live in Starkville is because this town has more of those people than any town its size I have ever been to. But ya'll keep tearing down and attacking because that is what makes you a real man, right? 17 all of you!

You didn’t have to handle it like this. There are good people trying to help and that’s commendable but one paragraph that references Jesus and ends with ‘17 all of you’ isn’t a good look. (James 3:10)

Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I think he called yall a bunch of asshats too. Bless yall hypocritical hearts. But that is the country that launders all of Bidens money so you can't really blame people for being skeptical. Jesus probly frowns on Hunter and Joe too

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I was legitimately asking and being serious.

Often times money well intended doesn’t go to the right place.

That doesn’t mean the local fundraisers as much as the “good” people on the other end.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login