Unsolved mystery - 25 years ago on December…

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
26, 1996, 6 year old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered inside her Boulder, CO home
Doesn’t seem like it been that long ago and still no convictions in this very strange case.
I just can’t image one of her parents doing this but can’t imagine a ransom note for $118,000 either and then kill the little girl before you get the money ??
Very very strange case.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
No additional evidence.
I think maybe the brother who was 9 at the time may have done it and the parents tried to cover that up ?
The housekeeper and her husband are a possibility I think but they seem to have been cleared in full.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
My money would be on the brother also. He did a really weird awkward interview with Dr Phil years ago. But the whole situation was very strange.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I always suspected the brother did it but that's just my opinion. If I remember it correctly, one of the odd things about the case was lack of footprints in the snow.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
While it seems obvious that the parents did it (or covered up for the brother), the Boulder DA formally cleared the family based on DNA evidence back in 2008:

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna25608543

Prosecutors cleared JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother Wednesday in the 1996 killing of the 6-year-old beauty queen, saying they were "deeply sorry" for putting the family under a cloud of suspicion for more than a decade.

New DNA tests, which focus on skin cells left behind from a mere touch, point to a mysterious outsider. They came too late to clear the name of JonBenet's mother, Patsy, who died of cancer in 2006.

"To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry," Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy wrote in a letter to the child's father, John Ramsey. "No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion."

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I suppose we should be glad you didn’t watch too much Murder She Wrote and became scarred for life when Mrs. Potts spoke in Beauty and the Beast. **

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Based on behavioral analysis only it's quite obvious what happened. But that's not admissible in court in 1996.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
26, 1996, 6 year old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered inside her Boulder, CO home
Doesn’t seem like it been that long ago and still no convictions in this very strange case.
I just can’t image one of her parents doing this but can’t imagine a ransom note for $118,000 either and then kill the little girl before you get the money ??
Very very strange case.

Something else that happened in 1996 that seemed so much longer ago than that…..TWA 800.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Something else that happened in 1996 that seemed so much longer ago than that…..TWA 800.
Yes, July of 1996.
I was sitting in the Memphis Marriott bar when the news report came on CNN.
One of those times you remember where you were when **** happens.
A book written by Nelson DeMillle called Nightfall is a good fictional read about TWA 800.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
No additional evidence.
I think maybe the brother who was 9 at the time may have done it and the parents tried to cover that up ?
The housekeeper and her husband are a possibility I think but they seem to have been cleared in full.

This is what happened. The brother. He cra cra.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Umm, honestly that's not where I thought you were going with what else "happened in 1996 that seemed so much longer ago..."
Yeah I get it. Seems like it my mind that it happened in the late 70s or early 80s, but no, 1996, which seems crazy to think was a solid quarter-century ago.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I suppose we should be glad you didn’t watch too much Murder She Wrote and became scarred for life when Mrs. Potts spoke in Beauty and the Beast. **

You don't understand how dope Murder, She Wrote is until you realize it's about a serial killer.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
I have seen 10 or 12 TV Network specials on the death. IMO They no nothing more than they knew 6 months after it happened.

For no good reason, except it usually is the case, I believe either her mother or brother did it, with fully involved help covering it up by the father.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
I think the brother did it by accident and the family covered it up. I also thought Ben Howland would have us to the sweet 16 by now, so I am not always right. Just most of the time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm still convinced Murder She Wrote is really about a serial killer who goes around the country framing others for her crimes.

Well ****, dorndawg beat me to it.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Nightfall is a great book. I like all of his stuff. Gatehouse is a great read and I really should go back and read By the Rivers of Babylon. I read it many/many years ago and still remember what a good read it was.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
My biggest unsolved mystery from 1996 is whether or not Marcus Bullard threw the Final Four game against Syracuse.

Len2003

May 13, 2018
The ransom note was written from stationary and a pen inside the house. That piece of evidence always made me believe it was a family member. Why would someone break in and then sit down and write a ransom note at a desk in the house?

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018

This one is really fascinating. All those witnesses swear they saw the plane get shot down. The 911 stuff is a little far fetched, to say the least, but how do you explain all the witnesses for twa800?!

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
And according to investigators it was a very long note. They rewrote the note and it took 15 minutes to write it.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
The initial explosion blew the fuselage section forward of the wings off of the plane. The rest of the plane immediately pitched upwards with the engines still turning until it stalled. That's what the witnesses saw rising in the sky. On the flip side, they did report finding 'bomb residue' on the wreckage and my boss at the time was good friends with Trent Lott who told him on the down low that it was a missile.

If you have the Smithsonian Channel, this is a great series.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2172353639653944

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I have seen 10 or 12 TV Network specials on the death. IMO They no nothing more than they knew 6 months after it happened.

For no good reason, except it usually is the case, I believe either her mother or brother did it, with fully involved help covering it up by the father.

Does the fact that they put her in whatever they call the little girl beauty pageants not count as a good reason to suspect them of murder?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
On the flip side, in such an elaborate coverup.. Would you use your own stationary? The handwriting didn't match the husband or wife either.

The final thing for me was the murder weapon. They called it a garotte, but it was really a noose with a crank. The broken paintbrush handle? Tied around a foot and a half of rope with a slip knot... That's a man's weapon. Not a kid or woman in my opinion.

All that said... Not speaking with police is a huge red flag. Dad seems like the primary candidate.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Still think the brother did it and parents covered it up.

Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to put a ransom note and her already be dead. Only other reason would be a crazy person.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
On the flip side, in such an elaborate coverup.. Would you use your own stationary? The handwriting didn't match the husband or wife either.

The final thing for me was the murder weapon. They called it a garotte, but it was really a noose with a crank. The broken paintbrush handle? Tied around a foot and a half of rope with a slip knot... That's a man's weapon. Not a kid or woman in my opinion.

All that said... Not speaking with police is a huge red flag. Dad seems like the primary candidate.

All y’all Dawgs are missing another likely suspect. Maybe it was a jealous parent of a contestant
whom the murder victim had beaten several times? Just a thought.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Still think the brother did it and parents covered it up.

Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to put a ransom note and her already be dead. Only other reason would be a crazy person.

Not sure I've ever seen a case with a 9 year old boy taping a 6 year old sister up and choking her to death after knocking her out with a flashlight. Might be a first. Doesn't happen.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've read several books by John Douglas, the founder of the FBI's profiling unit. He discussed this case in a couple of them. For what it's worth, he's convinced the family was not involved in the murder.

Edit: BTW, these books are deeply disturbing. There are some really sick people out there.

Last edited:

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
All y’all Dawgs are missing another likely suspect. Maybe it was a jealous parent of a contestant
whom the murder victim had beaten several times? Just a thought.

This would a SPS February baseball meltdown level overreaction.

tired

Sep 16, 2013

That's part of the cover up for the brother. No1 came in that house and did all that undetected. They staged it after he killed her however he killed her, and had help.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login