USMNT Thread

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Take Gallardo or Marsh. This country club national team nonsense is pathetic. The entire thing should have been blow up when Karen Reyna stuck her nose in and everybody went for safe spaces, apologies and cheerios.

Blow this thing up. Put someone in charge who knows what that is all about.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Womp womp. Sort of embarrassed for you.
On the bright side, lets hope the USA get their act together and go big.
I wish we had Jesse Marsch, the same Jesse Marsch who got Canada through to the group stages but if we can get Klopp out of all of this, I will take it.

Thanks for posting this. The review should take all of twelve seconds.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Womp womp. Sort of embarrassed for you.
On the bright side, lets hope the USA get their act together and go big.
I wish we had Jesse Marsch, the same Jesse Marsch who got Canada through to the group stages but if we can get Klopp out of all of this, I will take it.

Why are you embarrassed for me? The fact you think Klopp or any top flight manager would desire this job is hysterical. I now at least understand how GD silly you really are. You think one of the top 5 managers on the planet is coming to the US.....how f--king cute. Gregg did what he had to after the team failed to qualify for the WC. He did that and won some trophies, but the US does in fact need a coaching and mentality shift to a real coach that can organize a defense. There will be 5-6 teams after the Euros that will probably need a new HC as well, including the UK. I don't see it happening as much as a second hand quote from Liverpool.com has.

The US doesn't have the class player to pull the strings in the middle. They don't have Liverpools center backs or Allison in goal. There is no Salah in his prime Luiz. I'm fine with moving on to a new HC, but it's not going to do what you think it will. You want to make a bet right now that Klopp is coming to the US or the next HC gets the US to the quarters....I'll take that bet all day long. If you're an idiot you can take me up on either one, if you're not you'll stop talking out your arse.

Your OCD with GB is your own thing, not mine. You're a clown Gregg and the fact you listen to Lalas and his podcast just reiterates to me that you're a clueless fan on the actual sport. You sound like Rutgers fan that think Saban could come in there as that is about the closes parallel for someone like to you understand where US soccer really is. Now GFY and I'll go back to tuning you out.

Last edited:

GreggK

May 25, 2022

This is the same federation who did an "expansive search" (that never happened) and ended back up with Gregg Berhalter (who happens to be the brother of a high level federation executive)

I don't honestly expect Klopp to happen but for god sakes, we need to move on. The best the US has played in the past few years is in the time that Berhalter was suspended! If we bring back BJ Callaghan, I will take it! The truth is, it should have been Jesse Marsch from the beginning but sadly, his brother wasn't one of the decision makers.

Obviously, this federation from the top is a joke and needs to be cleaned out, but for now, lets work on the coach.

Reactions: Tgar

GreggK

May 25, 2022
Why are you embarrassed for me? The fact you think Klopp or any top flight manager would desire this job is hysterical. I now at least understand how GD silly you really are. You think one of the top 5 managers on the planet is coming to the US.....how f--king cute. Gregg did what he had to after the team failed to qualify for the WC. He did that and won some trophies, but the US does in fact need a coaching and mentality shift to a real coach that can organize a defense.

The US doesn't have the class player to pull the strings in the middle. They don't have Liverpools center backs or Allison in goal. I'm fine with moving on to a new HC, but it's not going to do what you think it will. You want to make a bet right now that Klopp is coming to the US or the next HC gets the US to the quarters....I'll take that bet all day long. If you're an idiot you can take me up on either one, if you're not you'll stop talking out your arse.

Your OCD with GB is your own thing, not mine. You're a clown Gregg and the fact you listen to Lalas and his podcast just reiterates to me that you're a clueless fan on the actual sport. You sound like Rutgers fan that think Saban could come in there as that is about the closes parallel for someone like to you understand where US soccer really is. Now GFY and I'll go back to tuning you out.

You love a good strawman.

I just said I don't expect Klopp to want it silly boy. Or rather, I don't expect our federation to go for it.
I said bring back BJ Callaghan and that is an upgrade.

You have literally spent years attacking me for thinking Gregg isn't the right man for this job. And btw, always personal attacks at me for saying my opinion, it was pathological. Obviously, I was right the whole time. Canada has surpassed us now.

Again, embarrassed for you.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
The article below lists realistic candidates, not twitter troll feeds.

Are Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola realistic options for USMNT?​

As much as U.S. fans and media want to trumpet their chances at landing one of the top coaches in the world, neither Jurgen Klopp nor Pep Guardiola are serious candidates for the position.

Reactions: Tgar

GreggK

May 25, 2022
The article below lists realistic candidates, not twitter troll feeds.

Are Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola realistic options for USMNT?​

As much as U.S. fans and media want to trumpet their chances at landing one of the top coaches in the world, neither Jurgen Klopp nor Pep Guardiola are serious candidates for the position.

So you agree that Berhalter shouldn't be the coach for the world cup?

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
With the 2022 World Cup over, it's time to start a general thread for the USMNT. Please use this to discuss any news, issues, friendlies, etc. involving the USMNT.
The sport sucks…it is not catching on in the USA (despite claims to the contrary - like converting to the Metric system).

Last edited:

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
So you agree that Berhalter shouldn't be the coach for the world cup?
No he shouldn't be, but I don't have a say in the matter. What I said is he didn't deserve to get fired for the Reyna BS or the performance in the WC. I still stand by those statments with no problem. The US failed to qualify before him, he not only did that, but he got out of the group. He also won some GC's but that is due to CONCACAF being one of, if not the worst group of nations on the planet.

The US federation needs to understand they hype train they build up about how "talented" this team is needs to be walked back slowly. They aren't a top team on the planet and it's not really close. They need a shift in mentality to figuring out how to defend and keep clean sheets against real teams instead of listening to fanboys say we need some offensive attacking system. We don't have an attaching CM that can dictate the game and setup opportunities at a decent enough clip. The US doesn't have a striker that scares any decent team on the planet. As great as CP is, he's not getting on the field in many of top 10 WC teams, probably not on many rosters to be honest. I'm not sure why people keep thinking this team is just a HC away from greatness, but Lucy can keep pulling the football for you.

I like reality Greg, but you do you and think this team is just a HC away.

GreggK

May 25, 2022
No he shouldn't be, but I don't have a say in the matter. What I said is he didn't deserve to get fired for the Reyna BS or the performance in the WC. I still stand by those statments with no problem.

The US federation needs to understand they hype train they build up about how "talented" this team is needs to be walked back slowly. They aren't a top team on the planet and it's not really close. They need a shift in mentality to figuring out how to defend and keep clean sheets against real teams instead of listening to fanboys say we need some offensive attacking system. We don't have an attaching CM that can dictate the game and setup opportunities at a decent enough clip. The US doesn't have a striker that scares any decent team on the planet. As great as CP is, he's not getting on the field in many of top 10 WC teams, probably not on many rosters to be honest.

I like reality Greg, but you do you.

So when I say he shouldn't be the coach, I am a delusional moron but you say it, and it's fine.

Again, you keep making the strawman argument that people who think that Gregg shouldn't be the coach think we should win the world cup or the copa? Strawman. Obviously that isn't the case. I do however expect the team to play better and not in some kind of square peg round hole system. You think you are the only genius to have the idea that we should play a more balanced system with better defending?

Your argument is wack and always has been. If someone disagrees with you they are "dilusional".

You do you strawman.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
So when I say he shouldn't be the coach, I am a delusional moron but you say it, and it's fine.

Again, you keep making the strawman argument that people who think that Gregg shouldn't be the coach think we should win the world cup or the copa? Strawman. Obviously that isn't the case. I do however expect the team to play better and not in some kind of square peg round hole system. You think you are the only genius to have the idea that we should play a more balanced system with better defending?

Your argument is wack and always has been. If someone disagrees with you they are "dilusional".

You do you strawman.
lol, keep trying. You have a crazy obsession with GB, not me.

GreggK

May 25, 2022
lol, keep trying. You have a crazy obsession with GB, not me.

Ah, now you are gaslighting. Strawman didn't work, so let's try gaslighting.

It's surprising a fan of the US national team would have something to say about the national team coach?
If you think I have an "obsession" I recommend never moving abroad.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Ah, now you are gaslighting. Strawman didn't work, so let's try gaslighting.

It's surprising a fan of the US national team would have something to say about the national team coach?
If you think I have an "obsession" I recommend never moving abroad.
Jimmy Fallon Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
You love a good strawman.

I just said I don't expect Klopp to want it silly boy. Or rather, I don't expect our federation to go for it.
I said bring back BJ Callaghan and that is an upgrade.

You have literally spent years attacking me for thinking Gregg isn't the right man for this job. And btw, always personal attacks at me for saying my opinion, it was pathological. Obviously, I was right the whole time. Canada has surpassed us now.

Again, embarrassed for you.
You've spent years having a personal vendetta against Berhalter...for years, it's been completely dismissing anything good that happens and going radio silent when it did...to call the tenure a "complete disaster" heading into this week just shows how unrealistic you are at this point.

What should be the minimum expectation? If making the round of 16 at a World Cup on foreign soil is a "complete disaster", then what should be considered a success at home in 2026? Do you think we're a new coach away from cruising into the semis?

And CCV has shown me exactly what Gregg has likely been seeing in him over the past few years...thinking that he should have been a lock for the starting 11 has always been wrong.

And FYI...the thinking that "Canada has passed us" couldn't be more wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaJollaCreek

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
You've spent years having a personal vendetta against Berhalter...for years, it's been completely dismissing anything good that happens and going radio silent when it did...to call the tenure a "complete disaster" heading into this week just shows how unrealistic you are at this point.

What should be the minimum expectation? If making the round of 16 at a World Cup on foreign soil is a "complete disaster", then what should be considered a success at home in 2026? Do you think we're a new coach away from cruising into the semis?

And CCV has shown me exactly what Gregg has likely been seeing in him over the past few years...thinking that he should have been a lock for the starting 11 has always been wrong.

And FYI...the thinking that "Canada has passed us" couldn't be more wrong.
Nobody here was putting GGG on some pedestal as being irrelplaceable. The thing is he inherited a team that missed the WC in awful style. He got them qualified. They had not won the Gold Cup since 2017 and Mexico was beating us routinely. He delivered multiple Gold Cups, a nations CUP, and the US owns Mexico currently. He also just didn't get to the WC, he got out of the group and lost to a better team in Holland unless Greg wants to argue that. He basically took that team to it's ceiling if we are being honest.

So where during the last few years was the good spot to fire him? After he qualified, won GC's, or got out of the group stage? When the Reyna's melted down and went full Karen on him for something that occurred 25 years ago? Maybe, but outside of him airing it in public he did the right thing. You cannot let players loaf. Now is probably the only time before the WC they can make a move, but had Weah not lost his mind and they got out of the group....little Greggy on this site would be melting down.

Was GB anyone's first choice, not really, but there is a portion of the US fanbase that is over the top delusional. Pep, Jose, Jurgen.....are these nutjobs serious? Gregg on this site has an over the top obsession with Berhalter that really manifested into just pure craziness. I'll be interested to see if and when they fire him who the real list of coaches will be. I'm hoping for someone who can organize the team defensively and take it from there.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Nobody here was putting GGG on some pedestal as being irrelplaceable. The thing is he inherited a team that missed the WC in awful style. He got them qualified. They had not won the Gold Cup since 2017 and Mexico was beating us routinely. He delivered multiple Gold Cups, a nations CUP, and the US owns Mexico currently. He also just didn't get to the WC, he got out of the group and lost to a better team in Holland unless Greg wants to argue that. He basically took that team to it's ceiling if we are being honest.

So where during the last few years was the good spot to fire him? After he qualified, won GC's, or got out of the group stage? When the Reyna's melted down and went full Karen on him for something that occurred 25 years ago? Maybe, but outside of him airing it in public he did the right thing. You cannot let players loaf. Now is probably the only time before the WC they can make a move, but had Weah not lost his mind and they got out of the group....little Greggy on this site would be melting down.

Was GB anyone's first choice, not really, but there is a portion of the US fanbase that is over the top delusional. Pep, Jose, Jurgen.....are these nutjobs serious? Gregg on this site has an over the top obsession with Berhalter that really manifested into just pure craziness. I'll be interested to see if and when they fire him who the real list of coaches will be. I'm hoping for someone who can organize the team defensively and take it from there.
I think we're very much on the same page...I'm far from a Berhalter fan, and think the time is right for someone else right now if nothing more for the fact that there will never be a more "marketable" time for a new coach with the next World Cup on home soil (and felt that way as we were searching at the start of this cycle). To me, Jesse Marsch isn't some huge upgrade, and any coach for that matter will only have success if our players keep moving forward (and find some better club situations heading into 2026).

My issue is with making it personal with Berhalter (ie, calling him a "wife beater", or acting like he had zero qualifications for getting the job and that his brother was the sole reason he's coaching us today...reminds me of Gunsie acting like the only reason Pat Chambers was hired is because his brother was an alum). We've been through this before with everyone calling for Bradley's head and acting like he was some idiot, and that someone like Klinssman could come in and becomes the savior that US Soccer needed. We see where that landed.

My favorite criticism over the past few days is from those saying that his record was "x-x-x" against top 30 teams in the world if you remove Mexico...why the F would anyone ever remove Mexico games, when they are the most important of all? It would be like removing games against Ohio St when looking at James Franklin's record. For whatever reason, some seem to try and paint the worst possible picture of the past few years, rather than looking at the actual results (and our actual talent level).

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
As compared to what? Not even on the radar screen…with scoring and action and shots, etc…they have been singing that tune for 50 years…if you think a 1-0 snooze fest with sissie boys writing in pain because someone kicked them in the shin is going to replace football - just keep believing that…I’ll bet you also use Centrigrade and meters? Was told that was coming soon in the 1970s….ahhhhhhhh…no

Latest posts