Watching FSU/UF

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
If I didn’t know this was a rivalry game, I wouldn’t be able to tell it’s a rivalry game. We’re lucky there’s such vitriol between us and our adopted, entitled, millennial little schitts up north

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If Florida loses, they will have the same record as last year, but last year they beat TN, Vandy and FSU.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Does Osweiler understand how mics work? Sounds like he’s yelling to his play by play guy.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If you care about the Citrus, need UF to lose to firm up those chances. 7-5 UF could easily go over 8-4 MSU.

Reactions: Mjoelner

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Announcer really cut loose on the referees didn't he? I couldn't see it until the last replay, but I think the defender had his arm around the right arm of the receiver away from the camera, otherwise, they really screwed up on that pass interference.

Whoops! Replay booth just made the announcer look like a whiny *****. He is still whining about it. He must've taken Florida State and the over.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
If you care about the Citrus, need UF to lose to firm up those chances. 7-5 UF could easily go over 8-4 MSU.
No they can’t. The citrus is required to take the sec team with the best record outside the NY6 teams. Every other bowl can take who they want but the citrus can’t.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Announcer really cut loose on the referees didn't he? I couldn't see it until the last replay, but I think the defender had his arm around the right arm of the receiver away from the camera, otherwise, they really screwed up on that pass interference.

Whoops! Replay booth just made the announcer look like a whiny *****. He is still whining about it. He must've taken Florida State and the over.
Yes I was pulling for FSU, but the last replay showed the UF receiver get his right arm held down. Probably would have seen stuff thrown on field had they called the facemask on the last 4th down.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Napier is a bum. Poor man’s Mullen. Loaferz will get fired with him a few years from now.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What a sad state of affairs at Florida State... rushing the field over a win against a team that got beaten by Vanderbilt last week.

My how the mighty have fallen...

• Haha
Reactions: drumrcraig

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No they can’t. The citrus is required to take the sec team with the best record outside the NY6 teams. Every other bowl can take who they want but the citrus can’t.

Yes, they can. Already addressed this in the other thread, but here it is again:

“The SEC will maintain its current bowl selection process in which the Citrus Bowl has the first selection of available SEC teams after any conference schools have qualified for the College Football Playoff, the Allstate Sugar Bowl or the Capital One Orange Bowl, after which the SEC assigns teams to a Pool of Six bowls.”

There is no requirement for them to take the team with the best record. They get first pick of whoever they want after CFP / NY6 gets their teams. Simple as that.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Yes, they can. Already addressed this in the other thread, but here it is again:

“The SEC will maintain its current bowl selection process in which the Citrus Bowl has the first selection of available SEC teams after any conference schools have qualified for the College Football Playoff, the Allstate Sugar Bowl or the Capital One Orange Bowl, after which the SEC assigns teams to a Pool of Six bowls.”

There is no requirement for them to take the team with the best record. They get first pick of whoever they want after CFP / NY6 gets their teams. Simple as that.
You are wrong. They have to take the team with the best record. Period. Hide and watch.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You are wrong. They have to take the team with the best record. Period. Hide and watch.

So who do they take between us, OM, and USC if they beat Clemson? Who would they take if there were 5 teams that were 8-4?

Do you have a link to support anything you’re saying?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
So who do they take between us, OM, and USC if they beat Clemson? Who would they take if there were 5 teams that were 8-4?

Do you have a link to support anything you’re saying?
They can choose out of those 3 teams. They can’t take someone with a worse record. That’s the only bowl that doesn’t get to choose. I do not have a link. I have Rosebowl’s podcasts every single year we have bowl talk to fall back on, and say what you want about him he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to that sort of thing. He is very plugged in with the university on bowl options.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login