We Are Better, 7/4/24, LaVar Arrington II, LB/DE, CA

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Just curious, anyone know why he is LaVar Arrington II and not LaVar Arrington Jr. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Just curious, anyone know why he is LaVar Arrington II and not LaVar Arrington Jr. ?
Typically, Jr is used for someone who is named after his father of the same name. When the father has a different name and the person is named after his grandfather of the same name, then II is used.

Reactions: LionJim

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
SUCH A GREAT VIDEO (Link is below) posted with both Lavar's and all who wore the double sticks before Lavar II congratulating him. Done to the Lion King and Simba theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
Typically, Jr is used for someone who is named after his father of the same name. When the father has a different name and the person is named after his grandfather of the same name, then II is used.
Yes, but Lavar isn't a junior (or at least I have never seen him referred to as Lavar Arrington Jr.), So that is why I was curious.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Dear media, let this kid play football and don't ask him dumb questions that would put pressure on him to perform like his father. Sincerely, PSU fans.
Dear PSU fans, Let this kid be himself. He’s not his father and he shouldn’t have those expectations put on him. He is his own person and player.

Thorndike2021

Oct 12, 2021
PSU fans? Not us posting 'stick-ville' commitment vids.

I'm stoked about this kid's potential. He needs about a year and a half in the weight room. He's already got the 'want to' and the speed. Now develop that body into a real D1 LB.

You have to earn the sticks.