We are losing supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
LEAVE. Be GONE. It’s a free country.

Our offense SUCKED, and we took measures to improve it. Lebby was the best option.

You don’t have to tell the rest of us how immoral we are for supporting Lebby. That’s not for you to judge. Go back to your glass houses and keep your money that you used to spend on MSU football, and you’ll be happier and less miserable being a holier-than-thou a-hole.

HotMop

May 8, 2006

Our offense SUCKED, and we took measures to improve it. Lebby was the best option.

You don’t have to tell the rest of us how immoral we are for supporting Lebby. That’s not for you to judge. Go back to your glass houses and keep your money that you used to spend on MSU football, and you’ll be happier and less miserable being a holier-than-thou a-hole.
1000013365.gif

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

Thanks for judging.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

There’s probably a happy medium between don’t care at all about bringing that kind of impropriety into the program and disavowing support because of it.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Go Away Rage GIF by hero0fwar

Dennis Reynolds is that you?

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Here's the thing, unless you REALLY have dug deep into the whole situation at Baylor, you really don't know what happened. For those that are quoting a news story, you may not be getting the whole truth. You might be, but that's basically the point. Our society is filled with gossips and slanderers as well as people who do really horrible things like cover up horrible crimes. Where does this new coach land? I don't know, but I am not sure anyone on here does either. I would hope that our new AD will have done as much homework as he possibly could.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I hate the hire. And I could care less about the Briles stuff.

But over time, I'm sure I'll support like I always do. It's not like I'm going to quit being a fan, although I've certainly loosened by grip on my fandom ever since July 2021. Change is OK, but that was just too much all at once, right after we had won that elusive natty. And now we just have this run of good ole boy decisions being made, and this hire is just another one of them, just trying to keep up with the Joneses. Everybody here who tries to do things differently gets run off. Can't fight the tide forever, sometimes you just have to remove your 'love' and your personal stake from it all.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
I hate the hire. And I could care less about the Briles stuff.

But over time, I'm sure I'll support like I always do. It's not like I'm going to quit being a fan, although I've certainly loosened by grip on my fandom ever since July 2021. Change is OK, but that was just too much all at once, right after we had won that elusive natty. And now we just have this run of good ole boy decisions being made, and this hire is just another one of them, just trying to keep up with the Joneses. Everybody here who tries to do things differently gets run off. Can't fight the tide forever, sometimes you just have to remove your 'love' and your personal stake from it all.
Is the change you’re referring to the NIL situation?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Is the change you’re referring to the NIL situation?
That and the portal immediate eligibility.

Conversations that used to be about sports, are now about nothing more than money. It's not fun anymore. We all know we can't compete there, but yet we have an administration that wants to lean into that without doing anything innovative. Oh well, at least we can compete in basketball and baseball.

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
I agree with everything Goat said for i feel the same way. I’m not thrilled with the hire, but first and foremost I’m really curious as to who Jett Sweep Lebby hires as his strength and conditioning coach and his defense coordinator. Not to mention if he is going to truly be his on offensive coordinator and call the plays or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Here's the thing, unless you REALLY have dug deep into the whole situation at Baylor, you really don't know what happened. For those that are quoting a news story, you may not be getting the whole truth. You might be, but that's basically the point. Our society is filled with gossips and slanderers as well as people who do really horrible things like cover up horrible crimes. Where does this new coach land? I don't know, but I am not sure anyone on here does either. I would hope that our new AD will have done as much homework as he possibly could.
Fair point, but here's a fairer one. Fair or not, it's an issue. We (MSU) can't just stick our head in the sand when making the hire. At a minimum, it needs to be addresses, including Lebby sufficiently talking about it to the fans, and independent oversight in place to ensure things are run ok. We CAN NOT hire this guy with his baggage and then sweep things under the rug, including things we may have routinely done so for before. That may make him not worth the trouble.

PCHSDawg

Nov 12, 2014

Regardless of how I feel about this hire, your post makes me want to say kma.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think there's more that's inside that OP needs to get out. Let's all encourage him to dig a little deeper and vent a little more as we all listen deeply and empathetically. Then hug it all out like real men do online.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Fair point, but here's a fairer one. Fair or not, it's an issue. We (MSU) can't just stick our head in the sand when making the hire. At a minimum, it needs to be addresses, including Lebby sufficiently talking about it to the fans, and independent oversight in place to ensure things are run ok. We CAN NOT hire this guy with his baggage and then sweep things under the rug, including things we may have routinely done so for before. That may make him not worth the trouble.
I don’t like the hire or the baggage. At all. But it’s already been swept under the rug for several years now. Nobody cares. Just like Hugh Freeze at Auburn. Nobody cares. And nobody’s gonna care if we hire a guy who literally killed a player at Maryland . That’s sad, but it’s the truth.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
How about if Art Briles just helps out at practice but stays off the field during game days ?

J/k

• Haha
Reactions: MSUDOG24

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
People get killed every day. People get raped every day. The world is a very ugly and brutal place. Obviously Durkin did not intentionally kill anyone and Lebby has never been accused of rape to my knowledge. For that matter I did not hear Art being accused of rape. Who went to jail ?? Not everything is cut and dry. Get over it

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015

None of these idiots were going to be donating any significant amount anyway.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It's only an issue to candy asses. What is enough for you? Does everyone related to art Briles need to be blackballed and jailed? Last I checked, the players were held accountable and the coach has paid a severe price. Where do you draw the line?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I don’t like the hire or the baggage. At all. But it’s already been swept under the rug for several years now. Nobody cares. Just like Hugh Freeze at Auburn. Nobody cares. And nobody’s gonna care if we hire a guy who literally killed a player at Maryland . That’s sad, but it’s the truth.
You are correct,, unfortunately. But it is what it is. If he wins - some of the people who may have issues, will have less issues.

Not really related 1st hand example that surprised me: My neighbor is a huge State fan that is black. When the Leach noose meme thing happened, I asked him his thoughts and I quote - “I don’t give a 17 if he’s a grand wizard, so long as he wins.” Again, it is what it is…

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008

Are we, though? Are we actually losing supporters? Seems that no matter the circumstances, a certain portion of the fanbase (forum board and otherwise) say they won't support the program anymore, and yet, the program continues......

Note: I'm only responding to the title of the OP, not the content of the post.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
aGAIN, Mississippi State isn’t going to hire a talented coach that doesn’t have baggage. If they didn’t, we couldn’t hire them. I hope the whole league hates our coach. It certainly hasn’t hurt a number of other coaches that other fanbases can’t stand them.

KeyserSoze1999

Aug 26, 2015
All fanbases love quick judgments and hot-takes, but time is the ultimate equalizer...I remember the old "Ballad of Nick Saban" video after the 2007 season...very bold hot-take, it did not age well though...https://youtu.be/XJDUfavCqzU?si=q1KyPgYBxAZ8K8EF

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Well all of this will be water under the bridge as he will go 4-8 next year and everyone will be calling for his head......he hasn't lost a game yet and people are wanting him fired.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The reasoned answer (that you chose not to respond to because you have no response) is in a different post.
I missed it. I’m honestly fine with Lebby, not that anyone asked. I can just see where some might consider that to close of a tie to a Briles and that scandal. I’m not into generational punishment. Too many examples of really good men in families with some really bad ones.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm with Drebin. These days there are a lot of people getting falsely accused all over the country. Art got cleared in one of the cases. Zero wrongdoing. Not that that has **** to do with Lebby. Some of yall need to put rubber bands around your pant legs so the ants don't crawl up and eat your candy a$$e$. I wasn't a Lebby fan but between recruits comments players comments and people crying about it bring immoral I could not be more in favor of this hire. I always say you gotta crack a few eggs if you wanna make an omelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login