We are losing supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Fair point, but here's a fairer one. Fair or not, it's an issue. We (MSU) can't just stick our head in the sand when making the hire. At a minimum, it needs to be addresses, including Lebby sufficiently talking about it to the fans, and independent oversight in place to ensure things are run ok. We CAN NOT hire this guy with his baggage and then sweep things under the rug, including things we may have routinely done so for before. That may make him not worth the trouble.
17 off. Lebby doesn’t need to discuss **** with the fans particularly something he had very little involvement with 7 or 8 years ago.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
17 off. Lebby doesn’t need to discuss **** with the fans particularly something he had very little involvement with 7 or 8 years ago.
Bringing it all back up would just fire up social media nut jobs to have a field day with. Not a good idea. It will be interesting to see how he responds to a question from a news guy at future press conferences. You know someone will slip one in at some point.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Bringing it all back up would just fire up social media nut jobs to have a field day with. Not a good idea. It will be interesting to see how he responds to a question from a news guy at future press conferences. You know someone will slip one in at some point.
And interesting to see how he and MSU handle inevitable future similar issues. We either stick the entire program's neck out for a guy with questionable decision making on that front, or hamstring the program by putting Bracky on steroids, or try to thread the needle in between (which is more of a prayer than a plan). But our fans, well a vocal and historically ignorant subset anyway, have a Holloway up the Middle approach to this problem and don't want to see it, so we'll just have to hope it works out.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
And interesting to see how he and MSU handle inevitable future similar issues. We either stick the entire program's neck out for a guy with questionable decision making on that front, or hamstring the program by putting Bracky on steroids, or try to thread the needle in between (which is more of a prayer than a plan). But our fans, well a vocal and historically ignorant subset anyway, have a Holloway up the Middle approach to this problem and don't want to see it, so we'll just have to hope it works out.
Inevitable future issues? Are you insinuating he’s going to have issues with sexual abuse at MSU?

You are so dumb.

Reactions: birdawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It's only an issue to candy asses.
Thats wishful thinking.
What is enough for you? Does everyone related to art Briles need to be blackballed and jailed? Last I checked, the players were held accountable and the coach has paid a severe price. Where do you draw the line?
Questions answered in my post, plus I'll add that we need contractual coverage that Art isn't to be around. If Lebby pulls crap like he did at OU we need contractual right to fire him on the spot without a buyout. Ditto for future related issues like happened at Baylor. That, plus what I said about program oversight.

Yall are all sticking your heads in the sand as to the difference between a coordinator and a HC. A HC in the SEC answers to no one. The AD on paper, but not in reality.

But, where do YOU draw the line?

• Angry
Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Inevitable future issues? Are you insinuating he’s going to have issues with sexual abuse at MSU?

You are so dumb.
The current issues are your lack of reading comprehension.

The inevitable issues is a MSU player in a sexual abuse situation. Maybe warranted, maybe not. Do we do business as usual, or tighten up compliance? Are we forced to sit players in situations we otherwise would not, due to his baggage?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The current issues are your lack of reading comprehension.

The inevitable issues is a MSU player in a sexual abuse situation. Maybe warranted, maybe not. Do we do business as usual, or tighten up compliance? Are we forced to sit players in situations we otherwise would not, due to his baggage?
I think you can’t comprehend.

when is the last time we had a player in a sexual abuse situation? When is the last time before that time?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Thats wishful thinking.

Questions answered in my post, plus I'll add that we need contractual coverage that Art isn't to be around. If Lebby pulls crap like he did at OU we need contractual right to fire him on the spot without a buyout. Ditto for future related issues like happened at Baylor. That, plus what I said about program oversight.

Yall are all sticking your heads in the sand as to the difference between a coordinator and a HC. A HC in the SEC answers to no one. The AD on paper, but not in reality.

I hope Art shows up every single day at our practice facility and takes a selfie with Lebby and they post it on instagram daily just so people like you will lose your minds.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I hope Art shows up every single day at our practice facility and takes a selfie with Lebby and they post it on instagram daily just so people like you will lose your minds.
Your and idiot. I wouldn't lose my mind, I'd just hope it doesn't harm the program like it probably would.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So now you are suggesting we have been covering up sexual abuse?

If that’s the case, we might as well hire the entire Baylor staff from back in the day.

you are an absolute clown woke moron.
You don't think these things happen? That says who the moron is.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Thats wishful thinking.

Every contract nowadays has that language in it. Art Briles was fired at Baylor for that reason. He already paid the price that you're still bitching about him having to pay. And then you guys are dragging Lebby into this like he was complicit, when you have to remember he was a young position coach, barely older than those players, taking orders from his head coach.

What do you need over and above the standard moral turpitude clause that's in every contract nowadays? Or is it just that we need to put specific wording that says "don't do what your daddy in law did at Baylor"?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I'm not crying, as I'm not being emotional about the issue, just rational. You are the one being all emotional and irrational, just like a *****.
Saying someone should be fired if their father in law is in the building at any time is totally rational. You are a complete and total idiot. Let me let you in on a little secret. Art Briles will 100 % be in our building multiple times during this tenure. Dumbasses like you will end up crying about it and absolutely nothing will happen. Get over yourself.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Perception is reality. I know almost nothing about it hat happened at Baylor. I remember it happening but really have paid no attention to it. I am not trying to argue who did what. I also am not arguing for the moral high ground here. All I know is that if Art Briles presence hurts the football program, he needs to stay the hell away. Not a single person on here would be allowed to have a family member or friend around they directly hurt their business. This isn’t difficult.

Reactions: Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Ok let’s say we cover up sexual abuse.

then why do you have any issue with us hiring Lebby?

we are already doing it. So why does it matter who we hire?
Because by hiring him we are risking that blowing up into a Baylor type scandal. We aren't OM, we are MSU, we would be SMU level destroyed as a program if that happens.

• Haha
Reactions: $altyDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Every contract nowadays has that language in it. Art Briles was fired at Baylor for that reason. He already paid the price that you're still bitching about him having to pay. And then you guys are dragging Lebby into this like he was complicit, when you have to remember he was a young position coach, barely older than those players, taking orders from his head coach.

What do you need over and above the standard moral turpitude clause that's in every contract nowadays? Or is it just that we need to put specific wording that says "don't do what your daddy in law did at Baylor"?
Lebby paid no price for parading around his support for Art this very season. He was promoted.

The specific language would cover don't do what you just did at OU.

Plus, as stated, program oversight regarding sexual abuse reporting and compliance. Do NOT do business as usual, that's asking for a major problem.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Saying someone should be fired if their father in law is in the building at any time is totally rational. You are a complete and total idiot. Let me let you in on a little secret. Art Briles will 100 % be in our building multiple times during this tenure. Dumbasses like you will end up crying about it and absolutely nothing will happen. Get over yourself.
I didn't, I said we need to power to do so. Only an idiot doesn't grasp the huge difference. For one, we would hope it would blow over, but would want to avoid a buyout if a scandal forces us to fire him. For two, it gives us leverage to keep him from doing it.

So, we are latching on to Art Briles too now? Thank you for proving my point.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Lebby paid no price for parading around his support for Art this very season. He was promoted.

The specific language would cover don't do what you just did at OU.

Plus, as stated, program oversight regarding sexual abuse reporting and compliance. Do NOT do business as usual, that's asking for a major problem.
Art Briles is the father of Lebby's wife. He's gonna be around. He's gonna be involved in his daughter and grandchildren's lives. And that should not change because he made a mistake in judgement years ago. Nobody's daughter at State should be more afraid of getting raped because Art Briles is around the football program. Anyone who does feel that way is an unqualified moron.

There's already contract language and policy/procedure/compliance programs in place to cover the stuff you're worried about. It's everywhere. It was at Baylor when they were there, which is why Art lost his job.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Art Briles is the father of Lebby's wife. He's gonna be around. He's gonna be involved in his daughter and grandchildren's lives. And that should not change because he made a mistake in judgement years ago. Nobody's daughter at State should be more afraid of getting raped because Art Briles is around the football program. Anyone who does feel that way is an unqualified moron.

There's already contract language and policy/procedure/compliance programs in place to cover the stuff you're worried about. It's everywhere. It was at Baylor when they were there, which is why Art lost his job.
He has absolutely no need to set foot on the MSU campus to be in his daughter and grandchildren lives. FFS.

One, why would there be standard language about bringing your FIL around? Do lawyers have worse inlaws than normal folks? For two, there's a difference between language and iron clad language.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Because by hiring him we are risking that blowing up into a Baylor type scandal. We aren't OM, we are MSU, we would be SMU level destroyed as a program if that happens.
No, we aren't. We live in an entirely different world then 2015/16 Baylor University. Baylor had issues going back DECADES according to one of their own administrators. That's an institutional problem that was partly baked in by being a private university tied to a church and exacerbated by having one of the worst university Presidents of all time in Ken Starr (yes, THAT Ken Starr). MSU does not live in that world, and if you have spent any time around our university via student orientation, etc. you see that we have resources in place to support students.

But, since I have a daughter who got her BS at MSU and is about to complete her MA at MSU this spring I asked her her thoughts. She said from her knowledge of MSU and the structure the University has set up around Title IX and sexual assault that it would prevent anything like Baylor from happening at MSU.

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
I'm more worried about everyone calling for his head after we lose two games. Trust me, there will be far more people who want him gone at the end of a 6-6 season than those who are riled about the Baylor fiasco. We can't have a revolving door every two years.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I didn't, I said we need to power to do so. Only an idiot doesn't grasp the huge difference. For one, we would hope it would blow over, but would want to avoid a buyout if a scandal forces us to fire him. For two, it gives us leverage to keep him from doing it.

Only an idiot would think that anyone would ever sign that type of contract. Art Briles isn’t going to be employed by Mississippi State. Any scandal would not involve him because he will never be in any position of authority here. Your entire premise is based on something that is never going to be an issue. But please continue with your tin foil hat death penalty theories.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He has absolutely no need to set foot on the MSU campus to be in his daughter and grandchildren lives. FFS.

One, why would there be standard language about bringing your FIL around? Do lawyers have worse inlaws than normal folks? For two, there's a difference between language and iron clad language.
Instead of getting into this vortex of stupidity with you, let's cut to the chase here. Answer this question:

Do you believe women are more likely to be raped because Art Briles visited his son-in-law at practice one day?

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That we heard of.
Suggesting that the university is covering up rape and sexual assault by football players is extremely offensive to the university and the players. If you’ve got proof, say it. Otherwise, shut the 17 up. And I don’t think Art Briles should be affiliated with the university either. He’s a slime ball who put his head in the sand when it came to what his players were doing. But to blackball everyone who was on staff at that time and then just throw out an accusation that MSU is hiding rapes by players is just ridiculous. So 17 off please.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I'm not crying, as I'm not being emotional about the issue, just rational. You are the one being all emotional and irrational, just like a *****.
No, you’re just throwing out a bunch of hypotheticals and trying to make them an issue.

You have your head in the sand. If Lebby wins big, his FIL could be the Marshall of the Starkville a Christmas parade and no win would GAF…

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Instead of getting into this vortex of stupidity with you, let's cut to the chase here. Answer this question:

Do you believe women are more likely to be raped because Art Briles visited his son-in-law at practice one day?
crickets GIF

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m honestly not worried at all about Lebby’s morals, any media blowback (which will be gone after a few days), or his ability to avoid another Baylor-type scandal. I don’t think any of that is going to be an issue.

I’m more worried about his lack of good judgment related to his handling of that situation and others. He gave Art team issued OU gear and had him out there on the sideline taking photos after one of the OU games, in plain sight. That happened this season, and Lebby more or less had to be forced into a public apology by the Oklahoma AD after it happened because he apparently didn’t think it was a big deal. That’s just a tone deaf action and response. Art wants to visit his daughter and grandkids in Starkville, that’s fine. Art wants to come tailgate in the Junction, that’s fine. Art wants to buy a ticket or a skybox and come to DWS and watch his son-in-law’s team, that’s fine. But you have to draw the line with weird **** like what happened above.

He also got suspended a game for a Harbaugh-type situation where he was on the sideline of Tulsa / OU during the bye week before Baylor played OU (before all the Baylor fall-out). Had another public apology he had to make there and had even Art calling it “an embarrassment”.

You hope those types of PR nightmares are in his past. And maybe they are….you’d think he at least knows the expectation a lot better now. But what else could become a problem with that type of “aw shucks” approach?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m honestly not worried at all about Lebby’s morals, any media blowback (which will be gone after a few days), or his ability to avoid another Baylor-type scandal. I don’t think any of that is going to be an issue.

I’m more worried about his lack of good judgment related to his handling of that situation and others. He gave Art team issued OU gear and had him out there on the sideline taking photos after one of the OU games, in plain sight. That happened this season, and Lebby more or less had to be forced into a public apology by the Oklahoma AD after it happened because he apparently didn’t think it was a big deal. That’s just a tone deaf action and response. Art wants to visit his daughter and grandkids in Starkville, that’s fine. Art wants to come tailgate in the Junction, that’s fine. Art wants to buy a ticket or a skybox and come to DWS and watch his son-in-law’s team, that’s fine. But you have to draw the line with weird **** like what happened above.

He also got suspended a game for a Harbaugh-type situation where he was on the sideline of Tulsa / OU during the bye week before Baylor played OU (before all the Baylor fall-out). Had another public apology he had to make there and had even Art calling it “an embarrassment”.

You hope those types of PR nightmares are in his past. And maybe they are….you’d think he at least knows the expectation a lot better now. But what else could become a problem with that type of “aw shucks” approach?
Well, let's define "PR nightmare."

All this issue with Art on the sideline in OU gear is a nothing burger. It's the perpetually offended finding a reason to be offended. It's mentally weak people getting triggered because they don't have the capacity to separate a person who made a mistake protecting his players from a criminal rapist.

The other issue? What was he, 24? He got suspended for it. Over and done with.

The two issues have nothing to do with each other, too.

We shouldn't hold Lebby to a higher standard than anyone else because of mistakes his father in law made years ago. There is already a higher standard that comes with being a head coach in the SEC. If he doesn't meet the standard, he'll be out on his ***, just like Jomo and Arnett before him.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just for clarification was Art Bryles convicted of anything? Did he ever plead guilty to anything? Did the NCAA ban him? Did he lose a civil suit or settle one? Is he still involved in any court cases over it? What about Lebby? The answers to those questions would seem to be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login