We are losing supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No, I think that because of your replies in this thread. But typical of you to try to derail that way.
jurassic park deal with it GIF

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
No, I think that because of your replies in this thread. But typical of you to try to derail that way.
No, you came in here under a false flag of being concerned about us getting put on probation due to someone that’s not even employed by us and now your true feelings on this entire debate are actually coming out. Everyone on here saw it from the start and then after you denied it you came allllll the way back around to this. You’re a piece of **** for telling people they are ok with rape.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s not a black and white world that we live in, no matter how much people try to make it so.
We need to realize that something such as this and the way that we handle it will never live up to everyone’s individual moral standards. You’re not going to make everyone happy so quit trying. Let them ***** as loud as they want. Exactly what do they expect to accomplish if they don’t stop bitching about things.
These two posts are about as good as we'll ever get on this subject. Not a perfect world.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
No, you came in here under a false flag of being concerned about us getting put on probation due to someone that’s not even employed by us and now your true feelings on this entire debate are actually coming out. Everyone on here saw it from the start and then after you denied it you came allllll the way back around to this. You’re a piece of **** for telling people they are ok with rape.
Wrong again. I stand by my point that if you staff up compliance with people who think it's all BS, then you will wind up with a compliance problem. That was not my initial concern, but all this insistence from you all that it's all BS that only crying candy asses complain about has changed my mind. Or do you disavow that compliance around sexual abuse and reporting is something that only crybaby candy asses worry about?

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just for clarification was Art Bryles convicted of anything? Did he ever plead guilty to anything? Did the NCAA ban him? Did he lose a civil suit or settle one? Is he still involved in any court cases over it? What about Lebby? The answers to those questions would seem to be important.
Still waiting.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Just for clarification was Art Bryles convicted of anything? Did he ever plead guilty to anything? Did the NCAA ban him? Did he lose a civil suit or settle one? Is he still involved in any court cases over it? What about Lebby? The answers to those questions would seem to be important.
Lebby was accused of having knowledge of an abusive relationship bt Dolores Lozano and Devin Chafin. There were physical abuse allegations here. Not rape related. But still very serious allegations. No criminal charges were ever filed against Chafin from what I've read. Lebby allegedly knew of the situation after Chafin made him aware of it and Lebby made Chafin do extra drills at practice. I have not seen if he did or did not report upward. My inference by him never being named in any litigation or being used as a scapegoat by the University is that he didn't completely conceal it. Lazono also later asked Lebby for a job recommendation in the AD - a year after the incident and Lebby's alleged non-reporting. Maybe she was in a pinch and swallowed some pride by wanting to work for the University she claims was negligent? It's possible. I don't know. Seems relevant though...

Her Title IX case was tried last month. She won and was awarded $270k. Worth noting that Jeff Lebby was not a defendant. Negligence charges against Art Briles and the former AD were also dismissed by the judge. Trial seemed pretty dirty. Chafin was deposed and claimed the incident was a result from an abortion argument and that she was the instigator. Defense also went after Lazono and said she falsely attributed bruising to Chafin and couldn't have been bothered by them bc she went partying at San Padre for Spring Break shortly after. Just nasty stuff. Definitely got into the he said she said stuff. I'm not taking a side there - it's impossible for me to. Chafin seems like a real POS and some situational evidence with Lazono gives me pause as well.

Make your own conclusions as it relates to Lebby. Crap situation for sure. It doesn't seem like Lebby was overtly shouting from the mountaintop and I'm sure if he could talk about it would claim he would do things differently. I also don't think he appeared to be any way close to nefarious and shouldn't have to carry around some kind of scarlet letter for the rest of his life either.

If anything, I'd argue you now have a guy at the top that is very sensitive to what employees of the University should and shouldn't do if a similar situation were to occur. Does anyone think Lebby feels enabled to cover up anything in the future - even assuming he's a POS with a motivation to do so (no, I'm not suggesting he is)? He will be under the microscope both internally and from certain media. The latter part may be a good reason not to have placed him at the top of a football program - but the University must be confident they have the controls in place to avoid even a fraction of what occurred at Baylor. Let's hope they are right.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Lebby was accused of having knowledge of an abusive relationship bt Dolores Lozano and Devin Chafin. There were physical abuse allegations here. Not rape related. But still very serious allegations. No criminal charges were ever filed against Chafin from what I've read. Lebby allegedly knew of the situation after Chafin made him aware of it and Lebby made Chafin do extra drills at practice. I have not seen if he did or did not report upward. My inference by him never being named in any litigation or being used as a scapegoat by the University is that he didn't completely conceal it. Lazono also later asked Lebby for a job recommendation in the AD - a year after the incident and Lebby's alleged non-reporting. Maybe she was in a pinch and swallowed some pride by wanting to work for the University she claims was negligent? It's possible. I don't know. Seems relevant though...

Her Title IX case was tried last month. She won and was awarded $270k. Worth noting that Jeff Lebby was not a defendant. Negligence charges against Art Briles and the former AD were also dismissed by the judge. Trial seemed pretty dirty. Chafin was deposed and claimed the incident was a result from an abortion argument and that she was the instigator. Defense also went after Lazono and said she falsely attributed bruising to Chafin and couldn't have been bothered by them bc she went partying at San Padre for Spring Break shortly after. Just nasty stuff. Definitely got into the he said she said stuff. I'm not taking a side there - it's impossible for me to. Chafin seems like a real POS and some situational evidence with Lazono gives me pause as well.

Make your own conclusions as it relates to Lebby. Crap situation for sure. It doesn't seem like Lebby was overtly shouting from the mountaintop and I'm sure if he could talk about it would claim he would do things differently. I also don't think he appeared to be any way close to nefarious and shouldn't have to carry around some kind of scarlet letter for the rest of his life either.

If anything, I'd argue you now have a guy at the top that is very sensitive to what employees of the University should and shouldn't do if a similar situation were to occur. Does anyone think Lebby feels enabled to cover up anything in the future - even assuming he's a POS with a motivation to do so (no, I'm not suggesting he is)? He will be under the microscope both internally and from certain media. The latter part may be a good reason not to have placed him at the top of a football program - but the University must be confident they have the controls in place to avoid even a fraction of what occurred at Baylor. Let's hope they are right.

Can we use shut down the thread with this being the final thing said. Bravo, sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login