What a horrible Birthday

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I feel ya padres go knocked out last week. And the two least favorite teams in all of baseball are in the World Series. All my football teams are terrible too.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Also, go Dodgers!

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Also, go Dodgers!

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I remember watching Gibson's HR on the TV at CS's in Jackson, beer in hand.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Kirk Gibson . . . what a big-time HR. First game of the '88 World Series, both legs injured, hobbled up to the batter's box, two outs, bottom of the ninth, down one run, facing Dennis Eckersley (HOF closer), count quickly went to 0-2, battled back to take the count to 3-2, then . . . BOOM! Clutch 2-run HR to win the game.

I was 8 and that was the moment I fell in love with baseball and I've been a Dodgers fan ever since.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

You're kidding. I was at CS's too. That was a fun night.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

According to Tommy Lasorda, the HR hit by Scioscia in the 88 NLCS to beat the Mets was more consequential than the Gibson HR. We just remember that because of the visual of him limping around the bases (which he later admitted he exaggerated for the moment).

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
Last night was the first game I watched Rodgers this season. He sucks.
He definitely doesn’t have the mobility back, and it’s affecting him in and out of the pocket. Also doesn’t seem sharp with his throws in general, though that could be argued as rust.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login