What are the WORST golf courses in Mississippi?

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
If you sliced the ball on Municipal on the first hole, you dinged a car going down Woodrow Wilson. AT my skill level, I always like municipal.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yeah but not in a sneaky way. More like a “I’m taking this ball you just hit and if you want it back you’ll have to catch me.” Kind of way. Broad daylight. Right off the tee. Ambitious.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
I think Lakeview was the one they cut the dam and drained the lake. We always laughed at the Lakeview course without a lake.. Yes, it was pretty bad.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was nice early/mid 80’s. Seems like it closed late 80’s/early 90’s and was turned into a church I think.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Believe it or not they are redoing the greens. Even so the course sucks.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
to see it. The greens were full of clumps of crabgrass, goose grass, crab grass, and the like. Putting was like playing pinball or bumper pool - a good putt could hit one of those clumps and shoot off in another direction.
Hey now, not sure of the last time you've been but it has cleaned up..... some. Place is free to play if you are with a member and is a tough course but yeah the greens are difficult to deal with like that.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Not a golfer, but have played a couple holes here and there. In about 2007 I went with a buddy to Ruleville/ Drew Country Club.

We listened to Auburn game on radio in cart. Beer was good and we were having fun. I remember getting lucky and absolutely getting all of one off the drive and almost drove the green. Had a good chip swing and it looked good in air till it hit green. Hit green and went immediately 90° to right. Started putting and 5-6 puts later it finally went in.

Evidently, it was old cotton rows on green and ball would bounce and zig zag all over place. My best drive ever and was going for Eagle and ended up Quadruple Bogey. Least we won that game.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
LeFluer's Bluff I think was the name

Want to know who shot the best scores on the worst courses

and would love to see some photos of the worst spots on the worst courses

Right there on Lakeland Drive and I-55. Castlewoods North 9 had seen better days as well.

Eagle Ridge in Raymond had some hairy greens when I played it 20 years ago.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Right there on Lakeland Drive and I-55. Castlewoods North 9 had seen better days as well.

Eagle Ridge in Raymond had some hairy greens when I played it 20 years ago.

The north nine at Castlewoods has been shut down since 05/06. Had some fun holes and quirky holes.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Yazoo is not a bad course, but I remember one green that had over a 45 degree drop back towards your shot. You could drop it on the back of the green and it would roll right back to you. Anyone play the course and remember that hole?

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
My buddies and I would have a group of 5-8 of us walking that course a lot during the summers 1999-2002 timeframe until 13 year olds could drive carts at some courses.

Jul 5, 2020
Bovina had a course that we would drive over to play in high school. It was like $20 for 18 with a cart, and we would play 36 without any protest from the "pro". The greens were pretty indistinct from the fairways as I remember.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Maybe I did know you knew aleady. Just get confused sometimes but you probably know that already. Know what I mean?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Clear Creek in Vicksburg’s front nine use to be pretty terrible. The course condition wasn’t terrible, but it went 5,3,5,3, the 5 straight par 4’s. The first one was okay because it did have a green side pond, but the next 4 were straight par 4’s with no discernible differences. I wondered how people that played the course back then faired when they played courses with bunkers, because before the renovation I think there were only 2 traps on the whole course. The other thing that made it weird was the back nine and front nine felt like two completely different courses.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If you sliced the ball on Municipal on the first hole, you dinged a car going down Woodrow Wilson. AT my skill level, I always like municipal.

You must be a lefty. It took a nasty hook for me to endanger vehicles on Woodrow Wilson.

Pretty sad to me that 100 years ago Shady Oaks opened as CCJ and was actually out in the country from Jackson and apparently beautiful. This country moves on and around very quickly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login