What boat should I buy?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Closing on a house on Navy Point in Pensacola soon. The boat ramp is just a couple blocks away. So I need one. I want a center console. What you buy in my situation just wanting a bay princess?

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Closing on a house on Navy Point in Pensacola soon. The boat ramp is just a couple blocks away. So I need one. I want a center console. What you buy in my situation just wanting a bay princess?
I’d consult the outdoor board on tigerdroppings. Those guys are very knowledgeable and will shoot you straight.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
bay boat or you planning on fishing the deep water?

for a bay boat - Pathfinder 2300 HPS - extremely well made boat and well equipped. and won't break the bank

blue water center console - if you're looking to splurge - grady-white, contender, or invincible
if you're looking to penny pinch - find an early 2000's grady-white or pursuit, and have the motor gone through and the hull inspected for osmotic blisters and cracks.

don't get one of the "combo" boats that claim to be half bay boat and half deep V. you'll end up with a boat that isn't great for either. you can still take that pathfinder out in the gulf fishing, you'll just need to go on good weather days

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’d consult the outdoor board on tigerdroppings. Those guys are very knowledgeable and will shoot you straight.
I'll second this.

Personally I'd go Tritoon with 200HP, but I have no desire to fish offshore.

Boats and hoes for me.

boats GIF

Reactions: mcdawg22

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
They don’t make them anymore, but if you can find a Champion for sale (and you can afford it) get it. They are amazing boats.