What is the coolest thing you ever did on campus as a student?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I helped tear down the south end goal post after the 1999 Egg Bowl. Ended up with about 12 of us, all complete strangers, carrying it all over looking for a saw. First the ME building, it was locked. Then down to some frat house we carried it through looking for a guy one guy knew who had a saw. Saw another frat breaking one up with a pick axe on the way there. Then all the way down to Southern Billiards because a guy knew the owner and knew he had a saw. Finally back up University Boulevard where some professor just off campus was sawing another upright up in his front yard. By that time there were only four of us and he cut it into four pieces for us but charged us the end cap with the flag still on it.

Also on campus I touched my first boob. And then I got laid for the first time. That was pretty cool too.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
About 2am one day in the 1988 academic year I was sitting in my grad assistant office in Simrall that I shared with 3 other grad students. One of them was a weird EE dude. I mean more weird than most. Had a couple ferrets. Anybody who thinks ferrets are cool pets is 17ing weird.

Anyway, I had a big wooden desk that had one of those old style typewriter pull out tables on the left lower side with a big door closing the opening. I kept books and stuff in there. One day this weird azz rigged up a couple of those pull string popping fireworks in the door on my desk and was sitting there at his desk when I opened it. Scared the schitt out of me as you could imagine. He chuckled immensely.

So about 2am a few nights later I was in the office alone. This dude had a cactus in a pot on his desk. I grabbed it and took it to the bathroom and "watered" it for him. A few days later the cactus was looking a little peaked and he was bemoaning his cactus not doing well. I just grinned and went on my way. The cactus died a few days later. 17 that weirdo.

DawginEthel

Jan 2, 2023
During the summer of 82 I was working on campus and shot the firehose off the 3rd floor pf Rice hall. Shoulda been fired but Raja saved my butt. Raja used to have intramural teams made up of athletes that were awesome.

Reactions: knock him out john

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Greg Plump was my team's intramural flag football quarterback for a season

I made deliveries for university florist part time and was able to go to Dr. Zacharias' house a couple of times a wek to water his ferns. Zacharias was one of the nicest people 've ever met. His wife......not so much.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
About 2am one day in the 1988 academic year I was sitting in my grad assistant office in Simrall that I shared with 3 other grad students. One of them was a weird EE dude. I mean more weird than most. Had a couple ferrets. Anybody who thinks ferrets are cool pets is 17ing weird.

Anyway, I had a big wooden desk that had one of those old style typewriter pull out tables on the left lower side with a big door closing the opening. I kept books and stuff in there. One day this weird azz rigged up a couple of those pull string popping fireworks in the door on my desk and was sitting there at his desk when I opened it. Scared the schitt out of me as you could imagine. He chuckled immensely.

So about 2am a few nights later I was in the office alone. This dude had a cactus in a pot on his desk. I grabbed it and took it to the bathroom and "watered" it for him. A few days later the cactus was looking a little peaked and he was bemoaning his cactus not doing well. I just grinned and went on my way. The cactus died a few days later. 17 that weirdo.
Did you have a liver transplant?

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Greg Plump was my team's intramural flag football quarterback for a season

I made deliveries for university florist part time and was able to go to Dr. Zacharias' house a couple of times a wek to water his ferns. Zacharias was one of the nicest people 've ever met. His wife......not so much.
My limited experience with Dr. Z’s wife is that she was a classy lady.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I never went to STATE, my Dad did. I was born in '63 and remember the NCAA officials Repremanding me for clangin' too loud near the MI dugout when we HR'd that day we whipped MI's A$$. Larkin and Sabo were on that team, no? Those 2 Home Games The Kang pulled off agin UF & AU were unreal. The feelings I had leaving those Starkville Games were beyond fantastic.

Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Wasn't technically on campus but at University Commons. One of my roommates worked at Kroger and five fingered a roll of pallet wrap. One night we went out to another roommates vehicle...GMC Jimmy I think, and decided we didn't want it to go stale so we spent the next hour wrapping it from every conceivable direction. It was probably over an inch thick in places. That morning my partner in crime roommate and I had the same 8:00 class we walked to. The third had a 9:00 class. As we were walking back to the apartment we met him walking to class. He called us a several choice words in passing and said he had to cut enough off to get his books out but didn't have time to get it all off to drive to class.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
All in the same night:

1. Snuck onto the football field
2. Made it to the roof of Swalm
3. Found an open door at the Hump and proceeded to walk onto the court and into the men’s team locker room

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Here for the stories.
1) Human sacrifices in the attic of Montgomery Hall***
2) General chicanery on both North and South Farm
3) Hangin’ with General Lee a time or ten during finals
4) Intramural football
5) Raquetball on those outdoor courts by the pool
6) Mary Jane Rottencrotch
7) Any meal at Perry Cafeteria
8) Trips to the Sanderson Center to play badminton or wallyball
9) Watching the 1998 Arkansas game where we clinched the West. I had been to Little Rock for a job interview the week before and caught the local yokel radio. Us winning that game wasn’t even a consideration to those clowns.
10) This was post grad, but beating the ever living hell out of Florida in 2000 was amazing. We had a NC caliber team that season, but Jackie absolutely blew it.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Here for the stories.
Soaped the fountain the night before graduation

Snuck onto Scott Field to toss the ball around with friends and kick field goals on the night of graduation

After failing the prior 5 night’s attempts, I managed to make it all the way to my post office box without stepping on a single cricket during the CricketPocalypse of Fall 1999.

Wespit

Feb 20, 2023
1980 State 6 Bama 3.
Sunday night after the Emory Bellard Show ended around 10:30 pm. We started ringing cowbells at Evans dorm. Then we started walking through campus ringing cowbells and celebrating the victory. Students took to the streets. Walked to Dr. McComas house by Eckies Pond and tried to get him to call off classes Monday. Of course he said no.....Good times....

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I can't recall anything outlandish that I did,
But, attended, with about 2,000 + more,,,, a night of streaking outside the Womens (if I can say that) Dorms.
Fun Night.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Nov 6, 2015
Can’t remember what Len Lou’s became.
But was there partying with then GF
They closed and we didn’t want to go home….drove south bout half a mile.. went in bull disco..(now pink pony)
Had an animal house Otis day and the knights experience
Had a great few minutes
Eta… nobody danced wif my date
I’m old

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
As a wide-eyed freshman......caught a pair of panties from the 5th floor of Rice Hall on a late night panty-raid. Unfortunately, never found out who they belong to.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I worked at the cheese plant a couple of falls. We used to clock in then go to the football games. Then clock back out before we went home.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
on Campus : I was Student Association Director of Political Affairs and my sole responsibility was to put together a plan to get beer passed after 22 failed elections.....after many ups and downs, Justice department intervention, and plenty of intimidation...it passed 2-1

off campus ....I was the student representative for the SEC expansion committee.. the Ten AD's a faculty representative and myself met in Nashville 3 times to discuss the possibility of 16 or 20 teams

Reactions: Darryl Steight

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
In the early 1980s, Cossa’s Crew showed Orange Crush who was boss in flag football. Stole their women too.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The Snowpocalypse of 2000, we stole some trays from Perry to go sledding. Then upgraded and tore the lids off some dumpsters so we could seat multiple drunkards. Pretty sure I got a concussion that night.
We did the same in the snowpacolypse of 2011. A few hundred people congregated on the hill behind the post office even the some of the football team showed up. We had a good time doing some football chants in the snow. Everyone ditched all the make shift sleds for the dumpster lids pretty soon after we started. That went well until this genius brought out a kayak. He got two good strokes in before his head slammed the ground and slid all the way down the hill concussed. It was a really fun day.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
My future wife and I were on our first date and were driving through campus to park and walk around. We ran into some friends who were sneaking into the stadium and decided to join. We hung out on the field for a while and decided to climb to the top of the Jumbotron. You can see it all from up there. It was really an awesome experience and a great first date.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep - should’ve mentioned we also won coed every year too… We were the one BSU team you didn’t want to play.
Played y’all in the ‘ship one year, either 01 or 02. We finished second, and apparently the top two went down and played at USM right before Thanksgiving. We won one game, got hammered and lost out.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
All in the same night:

1. Snuck onto the football field
2. Made it to the roof of Swalm
3. Found an open door at the Hump and proceeded to walk onto the court and into the men’s team locker room
First night drinking hard liquor?****

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login