What MLB/NFL/CFB stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
What MLB/NFL and CFB stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

For me: Georgia Dome, Memorial Stadium, Municipal Stadium, Pitt Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Veterans Stadium, and Yankees Stadium.

I wish I had made it to Tigers Stadium and Shea Stadium having watched so many games on TV on WOR. No one took me to Forbes Field :-(

What stadiums have you been to that no longer exist?

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Connie Mack, the Vet many times and Memorial many times. Been to Fenway but it’s still going
Connie Mack died fifty years ago. If I may suggest this book, To Every Thing a Season: Shibe Park and Urban Philadelphia. It’s a sociology book at heart but a fascinating story.

Roar More

Oct 30, 2021
Forbes Field, Three Rivers, Pitt, Mountaineer Field, Riverfront, Baltimore Memorial, Archibald (the worst dump I've ever seen), Byrd, Veterans, Meadowlands, Foxboro, Orange Bowl, Tulane Stadium, Joe Robbie, Ryan Field.

Last edited:

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
The Vet, Three Rivers, Yankee Stadium, and 55,000 seat Beaver Stadium

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Veterans Stadium and that's it. It was in the mid 80s, I was in the upper level and I remember watching a guy throw a Cowboys fan down the steps. That's the last time I've ever been to an NFL game. I've never been to the Linc. While I love the Eagles, Go Birds, I prefer Saturdays in Happy Valley to Sundays in South Philly.

Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Forbes Field, Three Rivers, Pitt, Mountaineer Field, Riverfront, Baltimore Memorial, Archibald (the worst dump I've ever seen), Byrd, Veterans, Meadowlands, Foxboro, Orange Bowl, Tulane Stadium, Joe Robbie, Ryan Field.
I am pretty sure Byrd is still there, expanded, with a name change.

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Connie Mack
Memorial (Baltimore)
Original Yankee Stadium
Shea
Veterans
Candlestick Park
Oakland - Alameda County Stadium (to be)
Foxboro
Original Meadowlands
Original Palmer Stadium (Princeton)

RFK - still standing, but somehow should count for a half credit or something!

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I saw the Stones at the Vet. Rush at the Spectrum, is that still sitting there?

Tropicana Fields days are numbered. Milton took off the roof and since they only have 2 years left no one wants to pay for the repairs.

scocha409

Nov 1, 2021
army/navy JFK. Vet. Meadowlands. Saw Rams at St Louis dome, not sure if still exists. Riverfront. Shea.
bball/hockey:
Montreal Forum. Seattle center coliseum. spectrum.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login