What's been the most surprising thing for this season after 6 games?...

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
OL play is the surprise to me.
OL & DL play sets the time for the entire game.

kicking woes are a big surprise also. Looking at who came in, I thought we had kicking covered.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The fact that +/-35% of the knob gobbling idiots on this board were ready to give up on the season and fire Leach 3 weeks ago after a loss to LSU at night in Death Valley. That's embarrassingly stupid.

Thank goodness the team is not full of weak willed quitters. Can't say the same about SPS.
Just wait until we lose again. They’ll be back.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The fact that +/-35% of the knob gobbling idiots on this board were ready to give up on the season and fire Leach 3 weeks ago after a loss to LSU at night in Death Valley. That's embarrassingly stupid.

Thank goodness the team is not full of weak willed quitters. Can't say the same about SPS.
My favorite was the guy who said to leave Leach on the tarmac because we were only up two touchdowns against Arizona instead of four.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
People are still obsessed with the one game we lost

I would have to be the most surprised with their office of line improvement game to game and the patients that Will has shown even though it started to break down for a little bit this last game

We are already only one win away from my preseason prognostication and two away from my second pick but we are headed into the roughest part of our schedule so I will keep my optimism at six pack levels.

Reactions: Motodawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The running game, I've been screaming at the tv and radio and at games since Leach has been here. Those first couple years of throwing into coverage w/ 8 was just ridiculous

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Excited School GIF

TD celebrations

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Mine is the way the OL has played.
The fact that posters still think Mike Leach is calling or not calling run plays. Every play called is a pass play and Will decides to throw or run. It's been that way since 2020 and probably since Leach has been an OC. That's straight from Will's mouth. It's not that Leach is calling more run play, it's that Will is more comfortable checking to them or Will is understanding defenses better. Probably a combination of both.

Aug 16, 2018
The fact that posters still think Mike Leach is calling or not calling run plays. Every play called is a pass play and Will decides to throw or run. It's been that way since 2020 and probably since Leach has been an OC. That's straight from Will's mouth. It's not that Leach is calling more run play, it's that Will is more comfortable checking to them or Will is understanding defenses better. Probably a combination of both.
A lot of people don't understand he did this at Texas Tech too. WSU not as much b/c he didn't have the RB talent. Texas Tech had several 200+ yard rushing games with Leach as HC. We are now seeing the wrinkles Leach likes to eventually put into his scheme. The run game is just one.

Reactions: Omnichannel

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
My favorite was the guy who said to leave Leach on the tarmac because we were only up two touchdowns against Arizona instead of four.
What happened to Bill Shankly? Did he make it over here or is he posting under a new name? Maybe he is just waiting to post until the Egg Bowl since that's the only game he cares about.

Mark Ruffalo

Sep 29, 2022
What happened to Bill Shankly? Did he make it over here or is he posting under a new name? Maybe he is just waiting to post until the Egg Bowl since that's the only game he cares about.
I'm Bill Shankley. I'm going to use this opportunity to turn over a new leaf. Going forward I will not be as obstinate and idiotic as I have been in the past.

I must also admit that I have a very small penis.

• Haha
Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I'm Bill Shankley. I'm going to use this opportunity to turn over a new leaf. Going forward I will not be as obstinate and idiotic as I have been in the past.

I must also admit that I have a very small penis.
If this is a bit, I must admit I don't get it.

You're Goat, Engie & Bill Shankly?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The running game, I've been screaming at the tv and radio and at games since Leach has been here. Those first couple years of throwing into coverage w/ 8 was just ridiculous
I don't think Leach wanted to keep doing that; I think he saw things he didn't like and thus no running game until now where he feels he's got the guys ready to start running the ball more. I think Leach knows the importance of some balance and always has.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’ll go with an individual player - Ducking as our most valuable receiver has been pretty surprising given that he’s a 3rd year player and 5th year senior who has contributed very little up until 2022.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You mean that it's NOT the 61 yo, 40 year head coach who is learning how to use the run game in his offense, but the 18 - 23yo players? Get out!***

Reactions: Uncle Ruckus
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login