What's been the most surprising thing for this season after 6 games?...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What happened to Bill Shankly? Did he make it over here or is he posting under a new name? Maybe he is just waiting to post until the Egg Bowl since that's the only game he cares about.
I'm Bill Shankly. For some reason the new board reverted me back to an old name. L4 is the post code for Anfield stadium. If we keep
Running the ball like we are most of
my complaints will evaporate. It got extremely old watching us throwing every play into a drop 8. One dimensional football doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Mine is the way the OL has played.
Historical answer (i.e. this is way different than we've ever been in the past):

• Scoring 40+ points and feeling like we left a bunch of points on the field instead of feeling like we just witnessed one of our best offensive performances that we would see in any 3-5 year period. And we've done that multiple times.
  • 4th down attempts that don't make me completely melt because of the improbability of us getting them.
  • Early series setbacks not being certain drive killers, but fully expecting to make up the yards.
  • Being surprised when we have an errant throw.
  • Being surprised when we have a drop.
  • Being surprised when we make an XP.

I'm sure there are more, but this is what stands out to me...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Excited School GIF

TD celebrations
Everyone needs a duck call to call on when he gets a catch.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The 2nd half LSU Cluster 17 and how we rebounded since then by being able to produce a more balanced offensive attack. Being able to withstand getting shredded between the 20's while limiting TD's. The Red Zone difference between us and our opponents is the most dominant stat that gets less than its deserved attention.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I am surprised that what I thought was going to happen pre-season is actually a reality. We’ve become a good football team from good coaching, preaching consistent effort and doing ‘your job’.

I am not surprised that Bill Shankly has a small penis.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Besides the obvious opening up of the run game, I'm

- Mildly surprised they actually went ahead and changed the 4th quarter song after all.

- Pleasantly surprised that the student section isn't rushing the Hey Song too badly.

- Happily surprised that the LSU loss didn't kill the season before we ever really got started. I have seen us lose three or four games in a single weekend. Credit to coaches and players for not letting that be the case, and for resilience even within the games themselves. "Play the next play" is such a good philosophy and one I'm trying to absorb in my own life!

- Honestly surprised that we got SEC Nation for the Arkansas game and very glad that a) it sparked good attendance and b) we won big.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
good: OL after the reshuffle
bad: edge rushing still needs work
ugly: ball holding on FG and XPs
needs: get a damn good TE

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I am surprised that what I thought was going to happen pre-season is actually a reality. We’ve become a good football team from good coaching, preaching consistent effort and doing ‘your job’.

I am not surprised that Bill Shankly has a small penis.
He probably wears small shoes and small gloves, too.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Not sure $bill is gonna get his job back. I was told before the season we were going to run the ball more but didn’t believe it. It has now opened up the field for big passing plays which makes us a much better team.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'm with you all the way here and it is why Leach has decided to punish the 3 man DL. He didn't have that luxury his previous 2 years. I am amused reading the posts here by those that think they had something to do with us running the ball more. Please folks, get over yourself. It is like me saying I had something to do with the price of gas going down over the last 2 months.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login